Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
when playing BDs, opening the settings window and then clicking on cancel yields the following warning:

XXX
Warning
Cyberlink PowerDVD cannot play back the protected content. - (Code = 0122)
Try one of the following solutions to solve the problem:
1) Make sure your graphics card driver meets the minimum requirements. (You can find additional information on the Cyberlink FAQ web site)
2) Do not use dual-monitors to play back this movie (Clone Mode).

Run BD Advisor Tool for more information.

Run Now | Cancel | Information
XXX

Clicking on OK does not yield the error mentioned above.

thank you for response again, Michael.

BUT

sometimes the volume would go 10, 12, 22, 24, 36, 48.

sometimes 2, 12, 24, 28, 38, 40, 52.

here's another try: 8, 20, 32, 34, 44.

i assure you, though, that there is nothing wrong with my keyboard because i have used the ones in the number pad and the qwerty keyboard and they both behave the same, no consistency.

i failed to mention that the issue above applies to BDs.

you are correct that powerdvd 11 uses 2% for DVDs and 10% for video playback. but with BDs, the increase/decrease is not consistent.

thanks once more.
thanks for your response again, Michael.

here are all my BDs so far and the issue is evident in all of them.

1. eat pray love
2. the pursuit of happyness
3. the social network
4. the departed
5. the patriot

please also take note that this issue is even experienced in the movie itself after forwarding to next chapter, going back a few seconds, or pausing then resuming the movie, going to bd-live and then starting the movie, etc, as long as the movie is not played continuously.
thanks for your response Michael.

here are the info you are requesting:

1. powerdvd 11 version 11.0.1719.51 (ultra version)
2. sr number: dvd110422-14 (powerdvd was purchased as a download)
3. tr number: tr110520-001
4. the subtitle is an srt within the mkv file.

example, the srt may contain:

00:00:59,601 --> 00:01:04,188
Oh, this is the first line.
And this is supposed to be the second line.

another video player would render the above as:

Oh, this is the first line.
And this is supposed to be the second line.

but powerdvd would render that as:

Oh, this is the first line.And this is supposed to be the second line.
may i suggest if it would be possible to first check the default folder of the previous version first...

if it is not found there, ask the user to identify the folder of the previous version (because he may have installed it in another folder)...

or ask the user for the installer of the previous version and its keys so we don't have to install the older version if ever we find ourselves re-installing windows from scratch?
hello again,

seems like powerdvd 11 renders subtitles of mkv files in a single line even when they are supposed to be in two or more rows, such that

this is a line
and this is another line

would be rendered as

this is a lineand this is another line

i already have posted three bugs, or so i believe. would you guys prefer that i send this through a support ticket or would posting the bugs here suffice?

thanks once more.
hello,

how is the volume increased/decreased using the +/- keys on the keyboard?

when i was using powerdvd 9, the volume would be increased/decreased by 2% when i would use the +/- keys.

but with powerdvd11, sometimes it would jump +/- 10% and sometimes +/- 2%.

i can't seem to figure out when it would use 10% or 2%.

i am hoping that powerdvd 11 would be consistent in this just like how it was with powerdvd 9 and use 2%.

thanks!
hello guys!

so i watch a BD. when the movie ends, i see all the copyright warnings and skips them to the next chapter until all the warnings are done with. then after that i watch the special features. the special features are encoded as mpeg-2, interlaced.

despite my de-interlacing settings as (1) perform de-interlacing, (2) based on bitstream flag, (3) perform hardware de-interlacing, and (4) bob (hardware de-interlacing), i see an interlaced video.

so what i do is stop the movie and then play it again, resuming from where i left and i see a de-interlaced video.

i have seen this issue since powerdvd 9, and i thought this was already fixed up so i got powerdvd 11.

i also have seen 1080p videos that were rendered as interlaced. so i just stop the movie and resume where i left off and the problem gets fixed.

i am still not sure where the problem starts but often, and i may be wrong, this happens after i would use the next chapter button or press P on the keyboard.

any thoughts about this?

thanks!

interestingly, after posting, i continued watching the special features and started again the main movie. the main movie appeared interlaced even when it was progressive. so as usual, i stop the movie and resumes from where i left and the problem is fixed.

reason for edit: additional info/post.
Go to: