Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Totally new and not that proficient in language here but have issues
dahoov2 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Virginia Joined: Jul 22, 2011 13:27 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I bought this program. I had PowerDVD 8 and was using that for a long time; but I wanted to get a Blu Ray player so I can take nicer screen captures for my hobby. So I bought the drive (SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Drive SATA Model SH-B123L LightScribe Support – OEM) and also then I had conflicts with my graphics card, so bought a new one (Galaxy 8400 GS 512 meg DDR 2 memory) and then I had to get a new DVI cable... so got that. Even after all that, I am having problems.

I am not hardware literate and am a 50 year old woman just trying to get the darn thing to 1) play a movie and 2) take screen captures. But here's the problems I am having. (I downloaded a patch that I have no clue what it was for but it suggested upon star tup I do, so I did).

1) I do not see where the camera is available on the menu to make screen captures. I do see it's available in a setting, but it's "greyed out". I've played with various settings... I can't get it to appear at all. How do I take screen captures from the films I want? I can't figure out how to do it!

2) I get to the movie and the previews play. Then when the menu for the actual film comes up, the entire navigation bar (play movie, settings, scene secletions etc) is disabled (greyed out). There's nothing to click and the opening plays over and over in a loop.

I hope someone understands what I am trying to say and can help me in baby terms. I am not into techie language, and so I need it spelled out on a newbie level. Thanks for any help anyone might give.

dahoov2
dahoov2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
okay, one problem fixed. I can now play the movie. But now I don't see a "pause" feature? This is not nearly as user friendly as the last version I had. I also still cannot figure out how to make screen captures. A tutorial should be online. dahoov2
[Post New]
The play button is also the pause button (see screenshot)
To capture an image click the right mouse button on the screen to bring up the menu and click 'capture frame'.
To change where the images are stored use the option menu by clicking the cog wheel icon at the top right of player and click player and advanced. (see screenshot)
[Thumb - pdvd.JPG]
 Filename
pdvd.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
149 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
125 time(s)
Asus P8Z68 V-Pro Gen 3, Intel i5 2500K @4.5GHz, Thermalright Silver Arrow, 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Signature 2, Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD, 4X Samsung F3 HDD, Samsung Blu ray, Antec DF-85
dahoov2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks; I'll try that. I just got the message though that the screen capture is "disabled" in this product. Sheesh. Wish I'd of researched that before I bought it. Might ask for a refund. dahoov2
DYONISII [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 09, 2011 09:58 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
hello, i think screen captures are not allowed when viewing blu-ray movies. but i think it still works with DVDs and other medias.

regards!
dahoov2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks. I don't want to use it for anything like putting a movie together or making profits off anything; so kind of dismayed I can't take a nice capture... oh well. dahoov2