Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
thanks michael!

at least, we no longer need to install from older versions. maybe you should put that in a sticky. this has been a request for a long time already and i'm glad that it is now here.
my question would be, can pdvd13 transcode blu-ray to a mobile device?
hey guys,

let's say i am interested in upgrading to pdvd 13 from pdvd 11. what would be the minimum version of pdvd 11 should i have installed on my pc if i would upgrade to 13. should 1719 be suffice or do i need to install all the way to 3901?

my question is basically reserved for when i needed to reinstall pdvd 13 as my original pdvd is 9 upgraded to 11, then 13.

thanks!

hoping this would also solve the bd-region remaining bug (which was set to 0) on pdvd 11.

regards!

update: nope, pdvd 13 did not solve the changes remaining bug left from pdvd 11.

update: pdvd13 does not support sup subtitles on mkv files. (interesting enough as media player classic home cinema which i have not updated for a couple of years already support sup.)

update: experienced tearing on 1080p mkv videos. hardware acceleration is enabled. (no tearing on media player classic home cinema.)

hardware: winxp pro (all updates applied), directx 9.0c, 2G RAM, AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GT 220, display is 1080p connected via dvi.

Quote: The key I used was the one that was provided when I purchased PDVD11. So far as I know, only full install keys worked with the hot-fix version. So, sounds like they gave you a new one because your upgrade key wouldn't work. How long did they give you the run around?

13 days after the day i sent the initial ticket.

i just installed the workaround installer.

region code changes remaining is still zero.

blu-rays still play, just like with 2608. (that's what i did when this whole problem popped up. uninstalled pdvd11 and reinstalled up to 2608 which worked out fine.)

you guys received a response from cyberlink saying that you use your old cd-key?

they gave me a new one.

now, that's interesting...

or maybe because mine is an upgrade...
and may i add. it seems the cd key is not what you actually have. they are giving out something different.

sorry for the double post. i totally forgot about the edit button. again, my apologies.
i also received the same email as i have submitted a support ticket. anyway, at least it's an interim solution. better than none.
okay, so just to make powerdvd 11 work when playing BDs, i had to uninstall powerdvd and re-install just up to 2608.

however, there is still a catch. remaining changes is still at 0 (zero) but competing products say i still have four left.
this thread is already seven days old.

does this mean no blu-ray player for a whole week using "The World's No.1 Movie & Media Player"?
maonstad: i have win xp pro-32 and i have the problem too.
i have winxp pro and since the patch mentioned is for win 7, then most likely, that isn't the guilty patch.
microsoft security essentials here.

have tried uninstalling pdvd, used ccleaner and pdvd cleaner, etc then reinstalling from scratch. but pdvd doesn't play blu-ray discs anymore. not even the bd folders on hard drive.

tried using media player classic and a competing blu-ray player. they can read and play blu-ray discs. but not pdvd 11.
win xp pro sp3 32 bits here.
same here. i have done everything except reformatting my hard drive.
experiencing the same problem. let's see if we could get some result.

and i'm crossing my fingers.
hello michael,

attached herewith is my dxdiag report.

thanks!
it has been our BIG problem and has been requesting cyberlink to come up with a solution to this.

maybe cyberlink can give us all a base installer once we have upgraded. like for example, if we have upgraded from 9, they can give us the full installer of 11 (if we upgrade to 11) and so on and so forth. that way, we don't have to install everything from the first full product purchase and then upgrade, upgrade, upgrade, and the endless upgrade.

in the end, this method (of upgrading an upgrade and then upgrading again) is penalizing those who have been supportive of their products.
hello guys,

there seems to be a problem playing DVDs when "show information" is enabled. the video jerks every few seconds. i have noticed of this problem after installing 2408 only.

furthermore, i have tried playing a DVD off of my hard disk and off the DVD drive itself. both produce the problem when "show information" is enabled. the same problem does not present itself when "show information" is disabled.

thanks again.

cheers for the holidays!

regards!
over the course of watching fringe season 1's special features, volume skips +/- 20%.

pdvd version 11.0.2114.53 ultra
sr #: dvd110901-01
tr #: tr110915-006
watching fringe season 1 special features (disc 4 & 5).

steps:

watch a featurette. video is progressive.

when the featurette ends, it returns to the menu.

after choosing another featurette, video is now interlaced.

i'd close pdvd 11 and resume from where i left off, video is again progressive.

pdvd version 11.0.2114.53 ultra
sr #: dvd110901-01
tr #: tr110915-006
Go to: