Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
opening settings and cancelling yields warning
DYONISII [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 09, 2011 09:58 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
when playing BDs, opening the settings window and then clicking on cancel yields the following warning:

XXX
Warning
Cyberlink PowerDVD cannot play back the protected content. - (Code = 0122)
Try one of the following solutions to solve the problem:
1) Make sure your graphics card driver meets the minimum requirements. (You can find additional information on the Cyberlink FAQ web site)
2) Do not use dual-monitors to play back this movie (Clone Mode).

Run BD Advisor Tool for more information.

Run Now | Cancel | Information
XXX

Clicking on OK does not yield the error mentioned above.

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please check this thread:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page

please also check if you use analogue connection:
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=11429&prodId=1&prodVerId=887

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
DYONISII [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks again for your response, Michael.

i am using digital connection.

i am reposting my dxdiag information here from http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18003.page

Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
dxdiag
 Filesize
63 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
284 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 12. 2011 10:30

Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
can you please post your BD Advisor log - the error message indicates that there is an issue with HDCP .

Please update your VGA driver to latest Version

please describe your cabeling

Br
michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
DYONISII [Avatar]
[Post New]
hello michael,

my monitor is connected to the pc using single link dvi.

attached is the bd advisor log prior to updating the video driver.

will test again if the problem persists after the video driver update. and if problem is still present will let you know.

please take note that i have no problems watching BDs (aside from those i have posted in different threads) and this issue only happens when i click on the cancel button. clicking on OK does not trigger the problem i have mentioned on this thread. further, the problem is also not consistent, ie, it does not happen all the time. sometimes the error is triggered, sometimes not, but only when the cancel button is clicked on.
 Filename
bdadvisorlog.html
[Disk]
 Description
bd advisor log
 Filesize
18 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
316 time(s)
DYONISII [Avatar]
[Post New]
hello michael,

after updating the video driver, i still get the same error.

attached is the bd advisor log after updating the video driver.

thanks again for your support.

by the way, does powerdvd disable grabbing of screen via the print screen key? i wanted to get a grab of the error message but seems like it's disabled.

thanks!
 Filename
bdadvisorlog2.html
[Disk]
 Description
bd advisor log
 Filesize
18 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
425 time(s)
[Post New]
Hi,
yes when playback Blu-Ray it is not allowed to take a screencapture. You may take a still picture.

For the cable - I would suggest to investigate here - the error message indicates that sometimes the HDCP is not correctly detected (maybe handshake issue)

Such kind of issue can be triggered by bad cables (really, I faces those issues by myself already!)

please try:
1. HDMI > HDMI Cable
2. DVI > HDMI Dual Link cable

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
DYONISII [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks for your reply michael.

i guess it really has something to do with HDCP because this does not happen during playback of unprotected videos.

however, i am only wondering why this happens when i click on the cancel button and not when i click on the OK button.

as for the cables, unfortunately, my monitor is only equipped with DVI input so there really is no choice as regards HDMI.

anyhow, may i request that you still forward this to the tech guys because i am sure, there is something in the codes that check for HDCP when the cancel button is clicked on, which, i believe is not available when clicking on the OK button.

thanks again for your support.