Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Copying the upgrade .exe file from the CD (That I had buned) to the hard drive and running it from there solved my problem
I am switching to a new computer. The new computer is 64 bit and I just added Windows 7 Professional to it. Since my original PD was PD6 I installed PD6 and then used my downloaded “CyberlinkPower Director.7.Upgrade.1714a.080605” file on a CD to install PD7. In window 7, I initiated this upgrade file with “Run as administrator”. However, I get an error message:
Error 2932. Could not create file C:\\Windows Installer\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}1033.MST FROM SCRIPT DATA. Error:32
I’m assuming the one time “Run as administrator” privilege are not being applied when it actually gets to this installation task but I can not find any way to get around it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff
Todd,

There are two other postings talking about this same issue.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4388.page#16829

and
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4777.page

The second one describes the fix that worked for me.

Good luck.

Jeff K.
Jeff,
Your fix worked wonderfully for me as well. When I first read this post a month or so ago, I did not think it applied to me because my problem was that I could get nothing to work on the main menu page when I used a DVD player. Everything worked fine on a computer and it actually worked on a portable DVD player I have. I had concluded the problem was with my DVD player. I then happened to try a DVD I made on a 3rd DVD player and this time the navigation buttons seemed to work but nothing was highlighting so I had to navigate blind. I remembered reading this posting and thought I would give it a try. I was skeptical because I had long ago updated my PD7 with 2206 and more recently with the 2227c update so if this was a problem that had been fixed by a Cyperlink patch, I didn’t think it would be my problem.
I was very happy to find that your work around allowed my Menu to work on all my DVD players. I have re-burned quite a few of my DVD’s and they are all now working.
Thanks.
Hopefully Cyberlink gets around to solving this in their next patch.

Thanks again
Jeff K.
Jeff,

This is a response I posted a while ago regarding a similar problem:

I am using PD 7(1915) and am having the same issue with burning DVDs or DVD folders. The program seems to stop processing at 21% complete while producing titles. After a long process of elimination I was able to isolate the problem to the Audio Disc Preferences. When I use “Dolby Digital 5.1” the program stops processing at 21%. When I use “Apply Cyberlink VirtualSpeaker to enhance background music” the program burns the dvd just fine.

I also noticed that when using the “Dolby Digital 5.1” and PD7 has stopped processing the only thing actually trying to process on my computer is the $sys$DRMServe.exe process which I understand is some Sony security software which is part of the digital rights management system on some of Sony CD’s. I have not done much testing to see if it only happens on mp3 files from Sony music or not but wanted to get this out as a possible fix for any one else having similar problem.

Good luck and let me know if you solve the problem!

Jeff K
I have the same problem with my sony and have been able to get it to work by changing my capture preferences:

Go to the Menu button (upper left corner)and then under /edit/preferences/capture/
Under “Auto Scene Detection”, check “do not detect scenes during capture”

Under the DV parameters button

“DV Auto Stop” turn off or uncheck the 2 options:
Stop scanning DV tape automatically when there is a long blank interval on the tape
Stop capturing automatically when there is a long blank interval on the tape.

I find Power Director will capture under these preferences and you just have to manually start and stop the capture.

Good luck.
I am using PD 7(1915) and am having the same issue with burning DVDs or DVD folders. The program seems to stop processing at 21% complete while producing titles. After a long process of elimination I was able to isolate the problem to the Audio Disc Preferences. When I use “Dolby Digital 5.1” the program stops processing at 21%. When I use “Apply Cyberlink VirtualSpeaker to enhance background music” the program burns the dvd just fine.

I also noticed that when using the “Dolby Digital 5.1” and PD7 has stopped processing the only thing actually trying to process on my computer is the $sys$DRMServe.exe process which I understand is some Sony security software which is part of the digital rights management system on some of Sony CD’s. I have not done much testing to see if it only happens on mp3 files from Sony music or not but wanted to get this out as a possible fix for any one else having similar problem.
Jack,

Did you ever upgrade your video card? If so did it solve your problem? I am having the same issues with PD7. PD6 worked fine but with PD7 the freezing in the preview mode makes it very dificult to judge the final product.
I recently upgraded to PD7. I had a number of favorite custom menu templates created in PD6 and I was hoping they would still be available for me once I upgraded. Does anyone know if I could still find these on my system or were they all removed when I upgraded?
Dafydd, thanks for the response. You mentioned 4:3 or 16:9 and I’ll have to check what I have set in PD6.
However, I am a little confused on your time code response. I understand that gaps in the original recording will cause problems with the time code and my old home video tapes do have those gaps, but this keeps stopping before it ever reaches a gap in the tape. I have tried starting at different points along the tape but many time all I get is a black screen.

Were you suggesting that I play the whole tape in the camcorder and then rewind before attempting to capture, or playing it in the PD6 preview window and then rewinding before capture? Playing the whole tape through PD6 in the preview window will not work because that is one of the times it keeps stopping or I only get the black screen even though I can see in the camera that it is playing real video.

Would it be that PD6 is not compatible with this older Digital8 camcorder? Would it matter if the tape I am using was actually recorded in an even older non-digital camcorder?
I am using PD6 with update 2319.

I am having very inconsistent success capturing video from my Sony DCR-TRV103. More failures than successes. When capturing, PD6 seems to control the camera fine but is not correctly reading the information from the camera. Either it will not recognize the video and shows only a black screen in the preview, or when is does show the image, when I hit play or record, it usually will only play for a few seconds and then stops.

I have also noticed that when in capture mode PD6 usually does not detect the time code from the camera, which may or may not be part of the problem.

I have had some or I should say 1 successful video captured normally from this camera but it usually takes many attempts that at best, results in short clips that I have to merge together.

I have recently uninstalled and reinstalled PD 6 and have had no improvement.
I turn off all other applications as best I can before attempting to capture.

Any ideas as to why I am having this trouble would be appreciated.
Go to: