Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem with capture using Sony Digital 8 TRV-240
jaschlicht1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2008 13:15 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I'm new with PD7 and can't seem to get video capture from my Sony Digital 8 TRV-240 camcorder. Is this camcorder compatible with Power Director 7 Deluxe? I am using a firewire connection and the device is recognized by the software. When I hit play or record, the video plays for maybe 3 seconds and then stops. When I try to connect via USB, the camcorder is not recognized. I am able to capture the video using Windows Movie Maker just fine, but would rather use PowerDirector for that.

Thanks, Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 10. 2008 23:05

JeffK44 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2008 12:41 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem with my sony and have been able to get it to work by changing my capture preferences:

Go to the Menu button (upper left corner)and then under /edit/preferences/capture/
Under “Auto Scene Detection”, check “do not detect scenes during capture”

Under the DV parameters button

“DV Auto Stop” turn off or uncheck the 2 options:
Stop scanning DV tape automatically when there is a long blank interval on the tape
Stop capturing automatically when there is a long blank interval on the tape.

I find Power Director will capture under these preferences and you just have to manually start and stop the capture.

Good luck.