Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem Outputting Large Video - PD7
cohenner [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Baltimore, MD Joined: Jul 09, 2008 11:07 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Using PD7.

I have a large video (about 8.4 gb) that I want to produce and put on a DL disc. After I create the menu, and start to burn the disc, it seems to time out at 24%. I tried it twice, and it got stuck at the same place.

I then tried to just produce the video as a .mpg, then create an ISO of it, and burn it to the disc outside of the program. This time, the production stopped at 21% and would not continue.

In both cases, it seems to be freezing when it is producing titles. It does not appear that the software itself is frozen, because I am able click cancel, and it operates properly.

Is it possible that it just takes a VERY long time to create the titles?

David

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21. 2008 13:27

David Cohen
Presented For You!
Analog > Digital Conversions & Video Editing
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I seem to lately answer a question with a question...sorry about that... just it's the way I learnt when there was nobody around to help me etc etc.

1. What version of PowerDirector are you using?
2. Please check the files you have in the time-line.
24 and 21% gives a direct clue to a media file issue
3. Untick the option for motion thumbnails.
4. Untick preview during production.

There are a lot of differing guides here:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.

Take a while and read through them - look at the various tests. Look to isolate the cause... I wouldn't be surprised if an audio file.... Even perhaps you've used an format that needs a video codec to read.

At the moment I'm just guessing.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21. 2008 14:44

cohenner [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Baltimore, MD Joined: Jul 09, 2008 11:07 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I tried doing a totally different video. No correlation to the first. And it still stopped. At 21%.

I appears to happen only when I am doing a large (over 4.5 GB video) and using a DL disc.

I have just converted it to mpeg2, and have authored it and burned it in another program (which, incidentally, drops it down below 4.5 G, so I can use a regular non-DL disc to burn it. Money saving!). Until a new version or patch comes out that fixes the problem.

Cohenner David Cohen
Presented For You!
Analog > Digital Conversions & Video Editing
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
There are a lot of burn to disc issues on the forum.

Please contact Customer Support.
http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html
RD are working on the issue.

Best i can do at the moment untol RD bring out a corrective patch.

I should add that I can burn to disc.

Dafydd
Dale M [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 07, 2008 22:11 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
cohenner,
I am currently trying the trial version of PD7 and I have had the same problem as you but with even shorter files. When trying to burn 1920x1080 AVCDH to disc it gets stuck at 24% and will stay there for hours, but PD hasn't stopped responding because I can cancel the burn and it will respond to my request to cancel. I have also had it get stuck at other percents of completion besides 24%, but that percent has happened more than once so there must be something unique about it. The getting-stuck problem has only has happened when I try to burn more than about 10 minutes of video to AVCHD on regular DVD-+R. 10 minutes or less works good.

Also, I have been able to have PD 7 create standard DVD output to hard disc with longer output. 23 minutes is the longest I have tried and it worked fine. It doesn't get stuck when creating standard DVD output from AVCHD files.

To this point I have suspected that the problem of getting stuck on AVCHD output it is because my PC is under-powered for AVCHD (Pentium 4 3.2 GHz --- planning to upgrade to a quad-core soon.)

I sent an e-mail to support asking whether an under-powered PC could cause this problem, or if it should work OK but would just take a very long time. However, I got back a form letter type of reply with a list of things to check on my PC, so they didn't really answer the question.

By the way, other than that one instance of getting a form-letter reply that didn't address my question, I have found Cyberlink's e-mail support to be excellent. Unlike many companies, they have actually answered my questions and have done so in a timely manner. And to be fair, when I got the form-letter type reply, it provided an opportunity to say whether my question was answered to my satisfaction, and a link to ask a follow up question. I didn't do that, figuring I will wait to see if a PC upgrade solves the problem before I take up too much of support's time when I know my PC doesn't meet their minimum specs for AVCHD.
JeffK44 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2008 12:41 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I am using PD 7(1915) and am having the same issue with burning DVDs or DVD folders. The program seems to stop processing at 21% complete while producing titles. After a long process of elimination I was able to isolate the problem to the Audio Disc Preferences. When I use “Dolby Digital 5.1” the program stops processing at 21%. When I use “Apply Cyberlink VirtualSpeaker to enhance background music” the program burns the dvd just fine.

I also noticed that when using the “Dolby Digital 5.1” and PD7 has stopped processing the only thing actually trying to process on my computer is the $sys$DRMServe.exe process which I understand is some Sony security software which is part of the digital rights management system on some of Sony CD’s. I have not done much testing to see if it only happens on mp3 files from Sony music or not but wanted to get this out as a possible fix for any one else having similar problem.