Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Favorite menu template from PD6 into PD7
JeffK44 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2008 12:41 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I recently upgraded to PD7. I had a number of favorite custom menu templates created in PD6 and I was hoping they would still be available for me once I upgraded. Does anyone know if I could still find these on my system or were they all removed when I upgraded?
[Post New]
Quote: I recently upgraded to PD7. I had a number of favorite custom menu templates created in PD6 and I was hoping they would still be available for me once I upgraded. Does anyone know if I could still find these on my system or were they all removed when I upgraded?

If you in fact "upgraded", it probably told you it found another version on your system and ask you if you wanted to uninstall it first. If you said YES, it's gone!
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff,

Ignore Old Hippie, he does not research before commenting

If you saved custom templates, you will find them in My Documents\Cyberlink\PowerDirector, there you will find folders for PD6 and PD7, open the PD6 folder and you should find your custom templates, you can then copy and paste into PD7

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Robert,

I'd like to see how this cut and paste works. PD7 has every new Custom DVD template contained in it's own folder, Menu_xxx with Audio, background, button....folders inside. PD6 had all templates thrown into a top level Audio, background, button... folders. Rather difficult to pick and choose to reconstruct a given DVD menu template. I tried to recover a couple of critical ones and it took me several hours! You must have an easy way to copy/paste, can you share?

I totaly agree that they were not deleted, however, I can't find a easy method to copy and paste and keep PD7 layout structure of a new Menu_xxx folder in \CyberLink\Custom Menus\2.5 for each of my DVD PD6 templates. Yes you can drop the whole 2.0 PD6 folder into the PD7 folder but proper background audio is missing for every template, proper first play video is missing. Many problems.

Jeff
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff,

Sorry , I should have added that you can cut and paste Custom TITLE Templates, have not tried Custom DVD templates.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots