Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
they did exactly that, they sent a link. i've reinstalled (never done that before and was very nervous) and i'm up and running. computer seems MUCH faster now. i've got a wacom cintiq companion pro 2 windows 10 i7 with (as of recently 16gb ram. i was noticing if i right clicked on desktop to simply create a new folder, it would take 5 to 10 seconds to react to the right click and open up the first dialogue window!

now it snaps right open. i'm pleased, thanks everyone!

and yes, i'll keep the download!

Quote Hi,

A little depends on whether your PDR is an upgrade or a stand alone install.

On the assumption that PDR was installed as a stand alone, the CAM (Cyberlink Application Manager) will have downloaded the install files to a location. You may have chosen this location yourself or it may have defaulted to something like Downloads.

It may be that the install files are still there.

If they are not, then you will have to contact CS for another download link, please give them the necessary information to allow them to validate your purchase, and whether an upgrade from which version etc. if that is applicable.

They should then be able to give you a time limited download link and I would strongly recommend you then keep a copy of the download files on a removeable drive or NAS in case they are needed in the future.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Quote Before you reinstall Windows. Back up those Director Suite downloads to a disc or copy them to a usb flash drive so you have them when it is time to reinstall Windows.

when you first install a program you have a single file that you click to activate and it unpacks the stuff. now if i go into each 'program files' folder on these programs i see TONS of folders and other files... is there a place to go look for the original install files?

otherwise, SURELY i should be able to re-download... i've gotten instructions/permissions from every other software i regularly use!
it's looking like i need to reinstall windows and i don't see an easy link within my profile on the site on 'downloads'. can someone tell me how i can get new downloads of my purchased software so i can go ahead with the windows installation?

thanks
thanks for the reply,

yea, i did eventually spit out a copy and the two are indeed identical in size, it's just a matter of taste i guess whether or not the PD tools are adequate. for what i was doing they're just fine. (still scratching my head as to why color directors tools slow down playback)

i have made color presets in cdr, after reading your post i went to look for them and once i pulled down from the tab 'all presets' i could indeed see the ones i'd made in cdr. however once applied they still cause playback to be choppy. this is what made me wonder if the tools were far superior, like the quality put a large strain on the computer's ability to play back.

at any rate, thanks for the reply, i'm finding plenty of room to play within the pd tools... (i think their presets are for the most part lame tho, far too severe in most cases! i wanted to try my hand at more cinematic looking color grading)

Quote Hi antiman -

As far as I could understand what you've done, I tried to replicate your steps.

Using a UHD video clip shot on Sony RX10iii - 3840x2160 @ 60Mbps - I:

1. Sent it to CDR (round tripping), applied adjustments then back to PDR for production

2. Applied the same adjustments directly in CDR & produced to the same format/profile as 1. (no PDR involved)

3. Applied the same adjustments directly in PDR & produced to the same format/profile as 1. (no CDR directly involved)

The produced videos, according to MediaInfo, are close to identical & I could detect no visual differences between them played on PC or UHD TV. None of the (much younger) people in the room could spot any differences either.

In answer to your question "Is there a way to make a 'lut' out of the settings and apply it quickly?" No - you can't make a LUT, but you can create a Color Preset in CDR which will then be available in PDR. e.g. Here's the preset I saved in 1. (above) that is now available in CDR & PDR (under Color Presets).

As far as I know/can tell the tools in PDR are not "lesser quality", even though CDR is capable of finer & more complex adjustments.

Maybe I've missed something in what you posted.

Cheers - Tony
hi all

so i'm finding that when i mess with color grading in color director, the preview window playback suffers. i have lowered preview resolution and my computer is 16gb ram yet still playback is fairly choppy.

because of this, with my latest home movie i made i did all edits then color graded and went right to produce. i've set custom resolution presets for final output quality for 24fps and 60 fps depending on what i shoot, final output looks pretty good but on my tv at home i see some compression cubes, not BAD, but they're there in the sky or big open areas...

so today i open the same project to play with it some more, and i discover that if i use the tools within power director (after removing the previous grading) the playback is just fine! it can handle my tinkering with it's look...

so my questions are these.

i haven't yet spit out a produced project (with the PD tool set) but i'm curious, are these tools 'lesser quality' and will they affect the final output? i can get a similar look here without going into color director... just not sure if it will cheapen the final output...

is there a way to make a 'lut' out of the settings and apply it quickly? all the footage is from the same time of day, same location...

and finally,

it would be great if there was a simple way to remove ALL effects from an entire project/revert all back to 'untouched' video. does this exist or do i need to open each clip with the fix/enhance tool?

thanks everyone for reading and any help. i'm having a ball with this software (photo director too!)
[quotePostId=311660]It is easy to add the long video in the timeline, position the cursor between the end and beginning of the black image, Split and delete the black part.
Follow to Produce and select Intelligent SVRT, if accepted and working 100%, make a copy of your video, fast and without degradation.[/quotePostId]

thanks for the reply, i didn't know if producing (again) would degrade...

BUT! i did, prior to reading your reply, discover that i could 'trim' the file within the windows app on my machine 'movies and tv'. it had the option to trim, the saved copy wasn't 'reproduced', it was just shortened and saved. the overall file size barely changed, so problem solved, and it took a few seconds...

thanks again
i finished a rather lengthy home movie today and spit out a produced copy. it looks great but there was a 'turned off and unused' LONG song down under the bottom of the screen i didn't delete, so the movie has a LONG black silent ending, (over ten minutes of blackness) i figured i'd reload the project, delete that track and spit out another, but now when i open the project NONE of the audio tracks show up! some were edited for length so i can't merely drop them back in quickly.

is there an easy way to simply trim the length off the end and save it? i feel like quicktime could do this but i'm not sure if it would degrade quality...

or would you guys recommend using the produdced copy, separating the video/audio and deleting the video and using THAT audio? then reproducing a new copy?

thanks for any help folks!
after correcting a few images in photo director i notice the final output is pretty small, compressed from original image. i did a similar edit on one of these pictures in lightroom and final export is similar to original. how do i make edits more 'lossless' in photo director? i like the tools in the program but the final image is inferior to the lightroom one.

any help would be appreciated
in a clip i decided to keep a small bit of dialogue and i added points to go up from zero to hear a line then back out... point one is zero volume and point two is full volume, i just mistakenly grabbed and moved point two. now it's making me nuts trying to slide up or down to get that point back to 100% full volume. (not + or - .5 or more) the mouse isn't sensitive enough and the slightest push or pull goes above or below regular 100%. there's got to be a keystroke to zero out a volume point!

any help would be appreciated!
thanks all, i did indeed find mediainfo online, and my slr,camcorder and action cam all produce bitrates at 60p =60,000, 24p = 24000. so i learned that the numbers corelate! that's a very useful bit of info, i've never known about video bitrate, but as a sorta audiophile wannabe, i'm totally aware of music bitrates, i'm just new to the video numbers...

the lesser video edit software i've been using didn't get into that level of detail, if i simply set the presets for 'best' it did a good job, so here in this superior program i was scratching my head over final output when using the presets. after finding media info i was able to check my source, now i understand how it works.

thanks again everyone
hi gang!

i've run a couple test runs through the produce tab at varying quality levels. if i use 1920/1080 from the presets at say 30 fps, the final produced file seems smaller than i would expect for really good 'lossless' quality. i created another test with a custom profile of 1920/1080/59 fps and the bitrate at maximum, 60,000 and the output file was great (and much larger, closer to what i'd expect the file size to be) i've never messed with this and am ignorant... i want to sorta match the quality of my cameras source footage.

is there a way to tell what bitrate my footage is? i've never seen indication of my source bitrate.

and secondly, is 60,000 reserved for huge 4k bigger than bluray files? i want to set this number where it creates quality without overkill... is 20,000 a good standard for 1920?
HA! exactly what i was looking for, i had been using the clunky effect tools... this is perfect thanks again
i will...

my frustration with this is simply due to my being a story artist in the animation industry. i'm used to planning camera moves with a piece of art by placing the rectangles visibly on the art for start and end positions... i've gotten my feet wet over the last year or so in editing with a lesser package, moved up to this one after reaching the end of what the other could accomplish... (like color grading) but that package did do exactly what i describe for slideshows so it made sense to me...

anyhow, thanks again, i'll be messing with this all day...
Thank you thank you! I'll try that.
thanks all, i did indeed find the option to make a profile, i then produced a video that was still lossy so i did further research, changed the bit rate to 60000 (highest number), problem finally solved.

why is it that programs like this let you set 1920/1080 drop down windows, let you select all these parameters (which makes me think i'm selecting 'best quality') only to spit out a subpar lossy movie? so frustrating... i wish there was a setting that simply let you select 'apply edits and colors to my footage and leave it otherwise the same high quality'?
i like doing drifts and gentle zooms on pictures, it SURE would be nice if when using magic motion, the adjustable frame tool would do two things...

i'd like to be able to SEE both of the start and end frames at once so i could grab and move them, it would be better for planning a movement if both rectangles could be viewed, one red one green maybe

and i wish i could grab a corner and shrink or enlarge WITHOUT the opposite side growing as well... i often want to park the upper left dot on the image corner, and drag the bottom right away while the top left stays anchored. maybe implement SHIFT as a 'i only want to move this one dot, have the rest act accordingly' button?
i did do exactly that... i just opened up to verify, the project is indeed set that way. 60p shows up if i check mkv instead of mp4, but like i said, in other projects this isn't an issue. i can't figure out what i've done here...
forgive me if i wasn't clear. i'm not talking about srvt here, i tried going to the mp4 h.264 tab and it didn't show up in the drop down... but only in that one project. so i guess i have to produce it at 30p...
thank you very much! i'll try that. i did open up another little project and the 1920x1080 60p option did in fact show up under the h.264 tab mp4... wonder why it refused to show up in the project i mentioned? i shot in 60 fps...
i'm having a blast with the software, and really thankful for this helpful community...

just finished my first actual project, (i've done a few tests)

in the produce window, i tried using the 'intelligent srvt' tab, i've used it on tests... but here it came up with options that were all 'red', 'unavailable'. the top suggestion was 1920x1080 mp4 60p (what i shot in with my phone camera) but the 'apply' button was grayed out. when i look at the red/green srvt line above the project in edit window, it's entirely red (i was playing with luts) is there some threshhold of rendering that srvt won't tolerate?

also, in manual settings, under h.264 avc the option WASN'T there for 60 fps, only 1920x1080 30p (and under)

i'm scratching my head over why 60p doesn't show up here. i'm fairly sure it is normally there?

and one final question, i spit out an mpeg 2 60i 25mbps, the final output is smaller than i would have thought, most of my home movies come out 3 gb or thereabouts, this one was only 411 mb... i'm looking for top quality, this seems small for a two minute video?

thanks folks
Go to: