Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
trimming a FINISHED video for length
antiman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2017 12:45 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
i finished a rather lengthy home movie today and spit out a produced copy. it looks great but there was a 'turned off and unused' LONG song down under the bottom of the screen i didn't delete, so the movie has a LONG black silent ending, (over ten minutes of blackness) i figured i'd reload the project, delete that track and spit out another, but now when i open the project NONE of the audio tracks show up! some were edited for length so i can't merely drop them back in quickly.

is there an easy way to simply trim the length off the end and save it? i feel like quicktime could do this but i'm not sure if it would degrade quality...

or would you guys recommend using the produdced copy, separating the video/audio and deleting the video and using THAT audio? then reproducing a new copy?

thanks for any help folks!
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
It is easy to add the long video in the timeline, position the cursor between the end and beginning of the black image, Split and delete the black part.
Follow to Produce and select Intelligent SVRT, if accepted and working 100%, make a copy of your video, fast and without degradation.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 10. 2018 21:03

antiman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2017 12:45 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
[quotePostId=311660]It is easy to add the long video in the timeline, position the cursor between the end and beginning of the black image, Split and delete the black part.
Follow to Produce and select Intelligent SVRT, if accepted and working 100%, make a copy of your video, fast and without degradation.[/quotePostId]

thanks for the reply, i didn't know if producing (again) would degrade...

BUT! i did, prior to reading your reply, discover that i could 'trim' the file within the windows app on my machine 'movies and tv'. it had the option to trim, the saved copy wasn't 'reproduced', it was just shortened and saved. the overall file size barely changed, so problem solved, and it took a few seconds...

thanks again