Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
'produce' options
antiman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2017 12:45 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
i'm having a blast with the software, and really thankful for this helpful community...

just finished my first actual project, (i've done a few tests)

in the produce window, i tried using the 'intelligent srvt' tab, i've used it on tests... but here it came up with options that were all 'red', 'unavailable'. the top suggestion was 1920x1080 mp4 60p (what i shot in with my phone camera) but the 'apply' button was grayed out. when i look at the red/green srvt line above the project in edit window, it's entirely red (i was playing with luts) is there some threshhold of rendering that srvt won't tolerate?

also, in manual settings, under h.264 avc the option WASN'T there for 60 fps, only 1920x1080 30p (and under)

i'm scratching my head over why 60p doesn't show up here. i'm fairly sure it is normally there?

and one final question, i spit out an mpeg 2 60i 25mbps, the final output is smaller than i would have thought, most of my home movies come out 3 gb or thereabouts, this one was only 411 mb... i'm looking for top quality, this seems small for a two minute video?

thanks folks
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
I never used SVRT, but as far as I know, it works for absolutely unchanged parts of the source footage. So if you used a LUT, SVRT cannot work, but has to render the footage to the new format.
MPEG2 is an old format. I do not recommend it. The newer formats h.264 and h.265 are much more efficent, that means much smaller results with same quality. So use MP4 (h.264) with a fairly high bitrate and you will get good results.
For the missing bitrate use a custom profile. In the video tab, you can choose different bitrates.

Hatti
[Thumb - Zwischenablage02.jpg]
 Filename
Zwischenablage02.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
choose bitrate
 Filesize
63 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - Zwischenablage01.jpg]
 Filename
Zwischenablage01.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
custom profile
 Filesize
70 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
antiman [Avatar]
[Post New]
thank you very much! i'll try that. i did open up another little project and the 1920x1080 60p option did in fact show up under the h.264 tab mp4... wonder why it refused to show up in the project i mentioned? i shot in 60 fps...
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
hmmm, I don't know. Maybe the SVRT option? Have you tried to uncheck it? It seems to be useless anyway.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
antiman [Avatar]
[Post New]
forgive me if i wasn't clear. i'm not talking about srvt here, i tried going to the mp4 h.264 tab and it didn't show up in the drop down... but only in that one project. so i guess i have to produce it at 30p...
[Post New]
Quote forgive me if i wasn't clear. i'm not talking about srvt here, i tried going to the mp4 h.264 tab and it didn't show up in the drop down... but only in that one project. so i guess i have to produce it at 30p...

Start the project at 60FPS.

[Thumb - Project_FPS.png]
 Filename
Project_FPS.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
18 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
0 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 12. 2018 15:12

antiman [Avatar]
[Post New]
i did do exactly that... i just opened up to verify, the project is indeed set that way. 60p shows up if i check mkv instead of mp4, but like i said, in other projects this isn't an issue. i can't figure out what i've done here...
[Thumb - Untitled-1.jpg]
 Filename
Untitled-1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
526 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 12. 2018 15:43

[Post New]
Quote i did do exactly that... i just opened up to verify, the project is indeed set that way. 60p shows up if i check mkv instead of mp4, but like i said, in other projects this isn't an issue. i can't figure out what i've done here...

Make a "Custom Profile" of your prefered format. And for love of.. time, select Hardware Video Encoder.

[Thumb - profiles.png]
 Filename
profiles.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
131 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
0 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 12. 2018 20:48

antiman [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks all, i did indeed find the option to make a profile, i then produced a video that was still lossy so i did further research, changed the bit rate to 60000 (highest number), problem finally solved.

why is it that programs like this let you set 1920/1080 drop down windows, let you select all these parameters (which makes me think i'm selecting 'best quality') only to spit out a subpar lossy movie? so frustrating... i wish there was a setting that simply let you select 'apply edits and colors to my footage and leave it otherwise the same high quality'?
[Post New]
why is it that programs like this let you set 1920/1080 drop down windows, let you select all these parameters (which makes me think i'm selecting 'best quality') only to spit out a subpar lossy movie? so frustrating... i wish there was a setting that simply let you select 'apply edits and colors to my footage and leave it otherwise the same high quality'?

For the same reason why you still have the words "NTSC" and "PAL" (analong interlaced SD-only standards that don't exist anymore in most of the countries, certainly not in US) next to modern HD resolutions.
I am tempted to write down a word why, but I will probably be banned by a mod.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 12. 2018 23:55

Hatti
[Post New]
Hehe. Everybody wants that setting. And even more: "apply all edits and make it a better quality". But unfortunately, that setting does not appear. If you have a let' say, MP4 file. You don't have really 25 pictures per second. You have maybe all 15 frames a full picture. The other 14 frames are just information, which content did change from frame to frame. Thats the way to make efficent video coding. PowerDirector (as every other video edito) decodes every frame, that means, that PowerDirector calculates from a full picture the other 14 pictures, using the information if the 14 other frames. Your edit goes on every picture in the result. So now it becomes clear, that every picture of your edit must be reencoded, let's say in MP4 again. But it can be any other codec. That means, that the encoded result cannot be better than the original footage.

What brings best quality?
Depending on the content, switch off hardware acceleration, choose a fairly high bitrate and don't edit so much, especially color grading (incl. LUT) and enlarging video content.

Hatti.

annotation: There is a codec, that decodes every frame lossless: magicYUV. The resulting files are huge, because every frame is a full picture. But PD does not need to decode the footage. That makes it very fast, without shadow files.
PowerDirector does not decode MP4 very good. If you move a clip framewise forth and back, there are sometimes jumps in the frames. Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080