Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
reinstalling the program suite
antiman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2017 12:45 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
it's looking like i need to reinstall windows and i don't see an easy link within my profile on the site on 'downloads'. can someone tell me how i can get new downloads of my purchased software so i can go ahead with the windows installation?

thanks
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Before you reinstall Windows. Back up those Director Suite downloads to a disc or copy them to a usb flash drive so you have them when it is time to reinstall Windows.
antiman [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Before you reinstall Windows. Back up those Director Suite downloads to a disc or copy them to a usb flash drive so you have them when it is time to reinstall Windows.

when you first install a program you have a single file that you click to activate and it unpacks the stuff. now if i go into each 'program files' folder on these programs i see TONS of folders and other files... is there a place to go look for the original install files?

otherwise, SURELY i should be able to re-download... i've gotten instructions/permissions from every other software i regularly use!
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

A little depends on whether your PDR is an upgrade or a stand alone install.

On the assumption that PDR was installed as a stand alone, the CAM (Cyberlink Application Manager) will have downloaded the install files to a location. You may have chosen this location yourself or it may have defaulted to something like Downloads.

It may be that the install files are still there.

If they are not, then you will have to contact CS for another download link, please give them the necessary information to allow them to validate your purchase, and whether an upgrade from which version etc. if that is applicable.

They should then be able to give you a time limited download link and I would strongly recommend you then keep a copy of the download files on a removeable drive or NAS in case they are needed in the future.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
antiman [Avatar]
[Post New]
they did exactly that, they sent a link. i've reinstalled (never done that before and was very nervous) and i'm up and running. computer seems MUCH faster now. i've got a wacom cintiq companion pro 2 windows 10 i7 with (as of recently 16gb ram. i was noticing if i right clicked on desktop to simply create a new folder, it would take 5 to 10 seconds to react to the right click and open up the first dialogue window!

now it snaps right open. i'm pleased, thanks everyone!

and yes, i'll keep the download!

Quote Hi,

A little depends on whether your PDR is an upgrade or a stand alone install.

On the assumption that PDR was installed as a stand alone, the CAM (Cyberlink Application Manager) will have downloaded the install files to a location. You may have chosen this location yourself or it may have defaulted to something like Downloads.

It may be that the install files are still there.

If they are not, then you will have to contact CS for another download link, please give them the necessary information to allow them to validate your purchase, and whether an upgrade from which version etc. if that is applicable.

They should then be able to give you a time limited download link and I would strongly recommend you then keep a copy of the download files on a removeable drive or NAS in case they are needed in the future.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator