Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
i'm having a blast with the software, and really thankful for this helpful community...

just finished my first actual project, (i've done a few tests)

in the produce window, i tried using the 'intelligent srvt' tab, i've used it on tests... but here it came up with options that were all 'red', 'unavailable'. the top suggestion was 1920x1080 mp4 60p (what i shot in with my phone camera) but the 'apply' button was grayed out. when i look at the red/green srvt line above the project in edit window, it's entirely red (i was playing with luts) is there some threshhold of rendering that srvt won't tolerate?

also, in manual settings, under h.264 avc the option WASN'T there for 60 fps, only 1920x1080 30p (and under)

i'm scratching my head over why 60p doesn't show up here. i'm fairly sure it is normally there?

and one final question, i spit out an mpeg 2 60i 25mbps, the final output is smaller than i would have thought, most of my home movies come out 3 gb or thereabouts, this one was only 411 mb... i'm looking for top quality, this seems small for a two minute video?

thanks folks
Thanks I will!
nevermind, i couldn't see the 'browse' button, the preview window was too big i guess. i slid it over to reveal the button, problem solved...
i have downloaded several luts i'm playing with, i have to use color director to 'see' them. within power director, when i click the look up table button, a window opens with only a space to type, do i need to put the luts in a specific folder for power director to see them?
man... i figured out the problem... i'm on a wacom cintiq companion 2 running windows 10 using the pen. the pen button has two clicker positions that are customizable, i have the front button set to 'right click' but for some reason right clicking with this pen doesn't function in power director. i just plugged in a usb mouse and it worked fine... very strange though that the pen doesn't work!
actually, the suggestion 'click on open space/turns gray/right click/remove' didn't work, and i'm finding it happen often where i grab two jpegs for example and try to move them to just after the next clip, i select 'move all clips close gap and i'm STILL getting a gap.

i did today download the latest patch too to see if that fixed it...

again, i CAN shrink timeline so i see the whole project, grab all clips and drag to close the gap, it just seems strange i can't get gaps to go away with a command...

thanks for the suggestions...
[quotePostId=300437][quotePostId=300426]first time user of the software, been making home movies for awhile on a lesser software and anxious to get into the upgrades here (like color grading!)

i'm scratching my head over one issue! if i'm in the middle of the timeline and i move a clip or shorten a clip i get the dialogue box 'close gaps'? but if i do anything to the FIRST item on the timeline, (move a jpeg to just after the second clip OR shorten the first clip) there's no dialogue to 'close the gap! i guess i could select all and drag . but there has got to be an automatic way to take away the dead open space at the front, right? i can't find it...

thanks for any help![/quotePostId]

You should be able click into the gap (turns grey) right click, select remove.[/quotePostId]

aw man, thanks... i knew it would be something simple
first time user of the software, been making home movies for awhile on a lesser software and anxious to get into the upgrades here (like color grading!)

i'm scratching my head over one issue! if i'm in the middle of the timeline and i move a clip or shorten a clip i get the dialogue box 'close gaps'? but if i do anything to the FIRST item on the timeline, (move a jpeg to just after the second clip OR shorten the first clip) there's no dialogue to 'close the gap! i guess i could select all and drag . but there has got to be an automatic way to take away the dead open space at the front, right? i can't find it...

thanks for any help!
Quote welcome to the forum.
Quote ... both video and audio choppy... on a wacom cintiq companion i7 2.80 ghz 8 gig ram 64 bit...
should i be having such a problem? any suggestions would be much appreciated

first, PD uses up to 8GB RAM and second your i7 with suffix U doesn't have what it takes. yours is little bit faster than AMD Phenom II X4 965 rated at 4208-4223.
my 6 years old dell xps with i7-2720qm is lot faster Lagging computer while editing then yours. in that posts click on the ebay link, sellers are selling pcs at identical prices but newer i7-7700hq is much faster than i7-3840qm laptop. differences between those two is m6700 can run w7 & w10. m7567 w10 OS only.
read my suggestions on PC for editing videos New PC for video editing; advice sought. general BLUF is higher the CPU & GPU numbers less pain and higher the rated wattage >125W means a big(bigger) hole in your wallet. sample Intel Xeon E5-2660 v1 with GeForce GTX 1050Ti .
hope you're good whole year. Christmas is around the corner and santa or mrs santa can help... ^^

oh happy happy joy joy
PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Thanks for the reply...
just purchased the ultimate director 16 package, primarily to try color grading. been having fun for about a year with movavi, upgrading to get more features.
yesterday i made my first test video. once i go into color director and add luts or grading it becomes frustratingly slow/laggy. in my test project there was 1 minute 10 sec worth of hd video clips, an mp4 song added, and color grading. not a huge project!
when i produced a copy i set it to 1920x1080 60 fps to see quality. it took almost a half hour to render, and final video was badly stuttering, both video and audio choppy...
on a wacom cintiq companion i7 2.80 ghz 8 gig ram 64 bit.
should i be having such a problem? any suggestions would be much appreciated
Go to: