Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
magic motion
antiman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2017 12:45 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
i like doing drifts and gentle zooms on pictures, it SURE would be nice if when using magic motion, the adjustable frame tool would do two things...

i'd like to be able to SEE both of the start and end frames at once so i could grab and move them, it would be better for planning a movement if both rectangles could be viewed, one red one green maybe

and i wish i could grab a corner and shrink or enlarge WITHOUT the opposite side growing as well... i often want to park the upper left dot on the image corner, and drag the bottom right away while the top left stays anchored. maybe implement SHIFT as a 'i only want to move this one dot, have the rest act accordingly' button?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 12. 2018 16:39

The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote i like doing drifts and gentle zooms on pictures, it SURE would be nice if when using magic motion, the adjustable frame tool would do two things...

i'd like to be able to SEE both of the start and end frames at once so i could grab and move them, it would be better for planning a movement if both rectangles could be viewed, one red one green maybe

and i wish i could grab a corner and shrink or enlarge WITHOUT the opposite side growing as well... i often want to park the upper left dot on the image corner, and drag the bottom right away while the top left stays anchored. maybe implement SHIFT as a 'i only want to move this one dot, have the rest act accordingly' button?

Have you considered the Motion Slideshow? It can be customised in many ways and certainly gentle zooms and drifts can be created. You can also see several frames at a time. Have a look and see what you think.

So far as the grabbing of a corner is concerned. Did you realise that this can be achieved and keyframed in PIP Designer. Just open PIP Designer and grab the little blue square in any corner.

You can also grab the blue square from the timeline, but it cant be keyframed from there.

So a combination of the above should give you what you need

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 14. 2018 14:02

antiman [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you thank you! I'll try that.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank you thank you! I'll try that.

Let me know what you think.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 14. 2018 14:02

antiman [Avatar]
[Post New]
i will...

my frustration with this is simply due to my being a story artist in the animation industry. i'm used to planning camera moves with a piece of art by placing the rectangles visibly on the art for start and end positions... i've gotten my feet wet over the last year or so in editing with a lesser package, moved up to this one after reaching the end of what the other could accomplish... (like color grading) but that package did do exactly what i describe for slideshows so it made sense to me...

anyhow, thanks again, i'll be messing with this all day...
antiman [Avatar]
[Post New]
HA! exactly what i was looking for, i had been using the clunky effect tools... this is perfect thanks again