Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Perfect! Thank you!
This has probably been asked before but I have a feeling things have changed since then.

Does anyone know where Shutterstock downloads stock footage to now? I've recently updated Powerdirector and need to change the default space it saves them too. If I can't do that, I need to manually go in there and delete some files as I have a feeling that they're taking up space that I could use elsewhere.
Ah, don't worry.

I've figured it out.

I needed to combine the scale AND position keyframe at both ends of the expansion.
I'm putting together a basic animation for someone and I need to animate a line which is supposed to expand from a single point.

I've downloaded a .PNG of a line with a transparent background which is the correct size and style and I thought that I could simple keyframe it in the PIP designer and have it scale with keyframes.

When I do this however, it expands from a centre point and grows each side. Is there anyway to anchor a single point and have it grow from there?
I looked at that but there's no option to squash a video to 4:3 from 16:9. It all seems to go the other way...

But...

All is not lost though as I think I've figured it out.

I've selected the clip and then gone into the 'keyframe' option. From here I can untick the 'maintain aspect ratio' box and change the width. I've changed it to 0.800 and it looks about right.

Incidentally, what units are those figures in? I've never been able to figure that out.
Quote What happens if you select the clip on the Timeline, select Tools/Power Tools and open Clip Attributes. Uncheck the option to Maintain Aspect Ratio and set the Horizontal size to 0.66 (give or take)?

Sorry but I can't see the 'clip attributes' you've mentioned there. Under power tools, I have the usual video speed, crop/pan/zoom, video in reverse etc.
Regardless of the buggy nature of PD18, I'm perservering but I am getting myself confused.... I wonder if anyone could help?

I'm copying old VHS tapes to DVD but the aspect ratio is confusing me. Here's what I've done:-

1) The original tapes are 4:3.
2) I've captured the tapes in 16:9 (a limitation of my USB recorder)
3) I've imported the clips into PD18 to a 16:9 project (as they'll be going to a DVD which will be played on a 16:9 TV)

The clips fill the screen but are stretched with no black borders either on the side or top or bottom.

How do I make them 4:3 with black borders either side?

I've tried the power tools -> crop/zoom/pan option but it doesn't seem to alter the size of the video, only the viewing frame. I know I can do it in the PIP designer but there's no definite size to work to and at the moment I'm kind of guessing what size to make the video.

It absolutely can, and likely is, given what your screen recording showed. That's why I suggested using Produce Range to get rid of all that real-time processing and get a single, basic clip with all the edits contained in it.

If you're able to pack and share the project, that will help identify what specific the processing bottleneck is.

Here you go, see if this works.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!At7ZvnPIRpC7yN0RUQLIuv8CLUGZ2A?e=sz1FaJ

Once again, I do appreciate your help. I've raised a ticket with Cyberlink but so far, it's not proving very useful. I've just received a generic response but I've gone back to them with the original screen capture to see what they say.
I'm still having issues with this... It's very frustrating and I'm not sure what I'm going to do as I've got a wedding video to edit in October.

I've just tried playing the clip again, at the lowest resolution with the task manager open. It looks like PD18 is using 100% of my CPU. That can't be right, can it?

That's very strange. I haven't seen anything like what you're describing, and it would be very helpful if you could do three things:

1. Turn off the Hardware Acceleration options one at a time and see if any of them make a difference

2. Make a screen recording showing exactly what your editing experience looks like. There may be clues in simply looking at your timeline and watching how PD responds to the kinds of edits you're making

3. If you're comfortable sharing the source clips, use File | Pack Project Materials and upload the contents to a cloud folder, then and paste the link to it here. That way, we can test your actual project and see if there's anything about the clips or your particular edits that make PD run slowly on different systems.

I've just tried turning off the hardware acceleration options (There are only two, is that right?) and it hasn't made a difference.

Here's a screen recording to show exactly what's happening. Hopefully it will show what's going on.

https://youtu.be/82LRHurb-ig

I'm happy to share the source files too. I'll do that this evening as it may take a while to upload.

Once again, I appreciate the help here! I've stuck with PowerDirector for many a good year and I was hoping that could continue.

Hi,
I have information that the installation of the Nvidia “Studio” driver might address the issue. Could you try that and report back to see if the problem is solved?

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/151050/en-us

Thanks,
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks for your help everyone but nothing has worked. It's now got to point that I've opened a 2 minute project from PD17 and it's pretty much unusable in 18. It's slow, choppy and things like titles and text don't appear as they should (fades don't fade, instead they appear)

I've got the preview quality on the lowest setting and even that isn't helping.

This is really frustrating as I've only been a subscriber to 365 for a month or so.
I used to be able to edit with PD17 pretty quickly. The software kept up with me chopping and changing clips etc and was great.

After updating to PD18, it's slowed me right down. Just a few things off the top of my head...

1) The sound doesn't stay in sync on the time line. It appears in sync but when people talk, it's not in sync until I pause and restart the video
2) The software has to think for a second or two as I drag videos into the timeline
3) Having a video, titles and a colour board on the same timeline slows things right down.

This is just a few off the top of my head but really, I don't know why I'm experiencing these problems? I've uploaded my DXdiag so if anyone can shed any light on the situation, that would be fantastic.
Quote hmmm UPDATE: heres an interesting find... Loading PD18 without any of the free packs guess what? No Lag! One of the free included packs is causing the issue.

Any idea which pack it is? I've got the following installed on mine and I'm having the same problem. Perhaps we could do a process of elimination to see which one it is?

Music Festival pack
Comics pack
Powerdirector content pack premium 4
Holiday pack vol.9
Wedding pack
I'm not sure whether this is the case here but you have to be careful when it stats 20% off etc.

This saving was represented as a saving of buying the yearly subscription rather than the monthly fee so the total you're quoted on screen may indeed be correct.

Again, I'm not sure whether this is the case here but it could be.
Hmm... Not massively but there's a bit of light that's been shone on my problem.

I think I may need to upgrade my camera but I'm not sure.
I'm a little confused here.

With the release of PD18, I was excited to see the support of new formats and even more excited when the camera I have (Sony PXW X70) was featured on the video.

However, I've just enabled the XAVC HD file format on my camera and it's produced an .MXF file which PD won't read.

I was of the understanding that my camera supported the new file formats mentioned here so does anyone know where I'm going wrong?

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software/features_en_GB.html
I'm a 365 subscriber and after upgrading to PD17 last time around, I noticed that I had lost a lot of the NewBlue video essential effects that were installed with a previous version.

This has made me reluctant to upgrade to PD18 as I don't want to lose the rest of the NewBlue video essential packs and also the BorisFX packs.

I'm not sure where this came from originally but I believe they were packed in with the original installer.

So, does anyone know what I'm likely to lose by ugrading? I'd try it myself but I don't think there's an easy way to roll back once you've upgraded.
I have one of these and to be honest, it's so much more convinient than recording directly on my PC.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HQFFHKJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cyberlink do a program called screen recorder which I believe will record from an external device so that could be worth looking into?
Am I missing something simple here? I hope so.

I've added some 3D text to my timeline using the 'default 3D' text designer. I've changed the font/colour/size etc and it looks good. However, I would like to add a bit of subtle movement just so the text slightly increases in size over 5 or so seconds.

I don't appear to have any options to do this though? Across the top left I only have two tabs. One for object and one for effect. Does anyone know how I can do it?
The main one I want is

Calluna

But apparently

Sabon_SV

Is similar but that doesn't work either.
Go to: