Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Timeline editing Slow and Laggy compared to PD17
HuntersPad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2016 23:22 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Just updated to PD18 365 from V17 today and timeline editing is laggy to say the best. When editing clips by snipping or dragging to edit the lenth of the clip its so slow an extra second or two of waiting per edit. Even just dragging the clip theres an extra second or two wait.

While I can still open up PD17 and its just normal and fast with the same clips.

These are 4K60 h264 clips if it matters havent tested any others yet. But just know it works fine in PD17 without this extra lag.

Specs:
i7 8700k
32GB Ram
NVME drive
Nvidia 1070 ti

Specs are nowhere near lacking,

Video of the issue

Any ideas?

Thanks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20. 2019 17:06

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the screen capture. Can you follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread and attach the DxDiag results? It might help to see how your system is configured and which video drivers are installed.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
HuntersPad [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the screen capture. Can you follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread and attach the DxDiag results? It might help to see how your system is configured and which video drivers are installed.

Attached. Running the latest video drivers from Nvidia currently.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
78 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
265 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for posting that. I see two things that might have an impact.

The first is that there's no listing for your i7-8700K's integrated UHD Graphics 630 GPU. Did you intentionally disable it in Device Manager, or in the UEFI/BIOS? I'm asking because there apparently were specific improvements made in PD18 for multiple GPU systems and you might not see any benefit from that if PD is only using your nVidia card.

The other thing that stands out is the number of crashes at the end of the report (the last 10 significant crashes are shown starting with WER). Some are PD-related, while others are from a Dell/Alienware app. I mention this because it's possible that some underlying system issue might be affecting PD, or possibly even using resources when you want PD to have them.

Please take a look at this post for a couple of quick checks/repairs to run.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

HuntersPad [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for posting that. I see two things that might have an impact.

The first is that there's no listing for your i7-8700K's integrated UHD Graphics 630 GPU. Did you intentionally disable it in Device Manager, or in the UEFI/BIOS? I'm asking because there apparently were specific improvements made in PD18 for multiple GPU systems and you might not see any benefit from that if PD is only using your nVidia card.

The other thing that stands out is the number of crashes at the end of the report (the last 10 significant crashes are shown starting with WER). Some are PD-related, while others are from a Dell/Alienware app. I mention this because it's possible that some underlying system issue might be affecting PD, or possibly even using resources when you want PD to have them.

Please take a look at this post for a couple of quick checks/repairs to run.

Yeah I have it disabled due to no benifit. Even when enabled windows don't detect it with the Nvidia GPU installed.

About the Alienware app thats a common thing and should be unrelated, This is a clean install from a few days ago.

Odd thing is PD17 works perfectly fine with this still as I still have it installed. Only time I have this issue with PD17 is weird video formats.
optodata
[Post New]
I suggest re-enabling the iGPU and rebooting. It will be easy to see if there's a noticeable difference or not.

Also, PD18 now has a UHD preview setting, but unless you've got the preview set to non-real time mode, you'll see some noticeable lag when previewing. Try setting the preview resolution to simply HD and see if that helps. Even my i9-9900K can't smoothly preview 4k 60p clips in UHD resolution, and there's no way a 6-core CPU could do it.

YouTube/optodata

HuntersPad [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I suggest re-enabling the iGPU and rebooting. It will be easy to see if there's a noticeable difference or not.

Also, PD18 now has a UHD preview setting, but unless you've got the preview set to non-real time mode, you'll see some noticeable lag when previewing. Try setting the preview resolution to simply HD and see if that helps. Even my i9-9900K can't smoothly preview 4k 60p clips in UHD resolution, and there's no way a 6-core CPU could do it.

I did try that and it made no change. Even on another clean install of windows 10 with nothing but drivers same problem.

Odd part though it handles everything fine in PD17 just fine. The issue is also occuring with 720p video
HuntersPad [Avatar]
[Post New]
hmmm UPDATE: heres an interesting find... Loading PD18 without any of the free packs guess what? No Lag! One of the free included packs is causing the issue.
[Post New]
Quote hmmm UPDATE: heres an interesting find... Loading PD18 without any of the free packs guess what? No Lag! One of the free included packs is causing the issue.

Any idea which pack it is? I've got the following installed on mine and I'm having the same problem. Perhaps we could do a process of elimination to see which one it is?

Music Festival pack
Comics pack
Powerdirector content pack premium 4
Holiday pack vol.9
Wedding pack
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Any idea which pack it is? I've got the following installed on mine and I'm having the same problem. Perhaps we could do a process of elimination to see which one it is?

Music Festival pack
Comics pack
Powerdirector content pack premium 4
Holiday pack vol.9
Wedding pack

Hi,
I have information that the installation of the Nvidia “Studio” driver might address the issue. Could you try that and report back to see if the problem is solved?

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/151050/en-us

Thanks,
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do