Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
NewBlue titler pro won't work with certain fonts
[Post New]
I'm not sure whether this can be answered here as I'm aware it's an add on to Powerdirector but I thought it's worth a try!

I'm using NewBlue Titler pro 1.5 with powerdirector 365 but certain fonts aren't recognised by it. It just displays them as the default Arial.

Has anyone else encountered this problem before and if so, is there a fix?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Some fonts have been problematic in PD over the years, you might have a look at the font type, several *.otf (Open Type Fonts) have caused some issue while *.ttf (TrueType Fonts) have been less problematic. If that happens to be the cause, one can often convert, otf2ttf.

Jeff
[Post New]
Thanks Jeff. I did wonder if that was the problem and I've converted it but I'm still having no joy.

I may have to use a font that's similar instead.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Can you post a short list of fonts that are giving you trouble? Also, what do those fonts look like in PD's regular Title Designer?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2019 21:02

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
The main one I want is

Calluna

But apparently

Sabon_SV

Is similar but that doesn't work either.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Neither are standard fonts, so I downloaded a free version of Calluna from myfonts.com since I have an old account there. It's an OTF font.

After installing it, you can see in the dual screenshot that PD displays Calluna properly, but Titler Pro does not:

While TP is bundled with PD, this looks to be a problem with TP 1.5, and you should contact NewBlueFX tech support.

FWIW I also have a standalone version of TP V4, and it also fails to display the font correctly. However, both v1.5 and v4 show the font correctly in the dropdown lists.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
RossTaylor, it does appear to be a Titler Pro 1.5 issue since it fails in the standalone version of this product too. It does work in prior release though.

I doubt you'll get much resolution as all these PD NB products are legacy. Best one can do is probably find a similar to font that works.

Jeff
[Thumb - NB_Titler_Pro.png]
 Filename
NB_Titler_Pro.png
[Disk]
 Description
Calluna functional in prior Titler Pro
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)