Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can you add keyframes to 3D text for position/opacity etc
[Post New]
Am I missing something simple here? I hope so.

I've added some 3D text to my timeline using the 'default 3D' text designer. I've changed the font/colour/size etc and it looks good. However, I would like to add a bit of subtle movement just so the text slightly increases in size over 5 or so seconds.

I don't appear to have any options to do this though? Across the top left I only have two tabs. One for object and one for effect. Does anyone know how I can do it?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I haven't made any 3D content so I don't normally work with 3D titles, but as fas as I can tell, 3D titles lack the ablility to be keyframed. Specifically, there's an Object Settings panel in the standard Title Designer that allows keyframes, but that's missing in the 3D version.

I assume this is what you were originally wanting to do with the NewBlue Titler add-in, except that it doesn't display your Calluna font corrrectly. If so, maybe the quickest solution would be to find a comparable font that will work properly. Here is one results page I found while searching.

If you want to stay with PD's 3D titles, I have a couple of ideas.

If the title will work well with chroma-keying (as in it has only clearly defined edges), then produce the title against a color background first. Then place the produced clip on the timeline and use standard keyframes to adjust the scale over time with the background color chroma-keyed out.

Another option would be to place a longer version of the title (maybe 10-15 sec long) and use the "3D Zoom" effect at the end of the clip, and drag the effect duration to cover the entire clip. That will give you a nice, slow zoom from very small right up to your desired full size, but you'll want mask the first 5-10 sec where the title isn't wanted.

You can do that by placing your main content on a track below the title and then split it right where you want the title to start. Then place the following section on Track1 so the title will be overlaid on it.

Hopefully at least one of these suggestions will be helpful.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°