Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Now, correct me if I am wrong, but surely if you shoot at 60 fps and then render at 30 fps, then every other frame will be dropped during rendering, result, very jerky video.
Have you tried converting your video to JPG images, using a free converter like "Free Video to JPG Converter" when converted you can now change the length of each frame to obtain the required slow motion effect, result, smooth as silk
Now that's strange, the same links on the Corel forum allows download of the zip files
Corel have investigated this issue and have determined that the problem is with PowerDirector not VS 2018 and are waiting to see what action CyberLink are going to take to correct whatever is causing the conflict.
Would the forum moderator please ensure that CyberLink are activily searching for a solution, as many forum members have both programs installed and would like to be able to use both, otherwise it will be necessary to remove one of the programs and CyberLink is the likely candidate
Carsten was a true gentleman, never had a bad word for anybody, always ready and willing to help
How things change, I remember when Carsten first joined this forum back in 2007, in those days there were maybe 4-5000 members and had a club like atmosphere, Barry will attest to that (he did actually join in 2006), the banter the members had with each other made it a very friendly place to visit.
Carsten, being very new to PD was full of questions, which were answered by myself,Barry,Daffyd and a few others. It did not take long before Carsten became the master, teaching us how to do things, he took it upon himself to learn as much about the program as he possibly could, the reason he explained to me a few months ago, was that he wanted to repay for all the help he received in the early days.
It has been a privilege knowing you Carsten, RIP
Robert
It's malware, remove it
Quote Dear Robert,

I fear that you have carried cultural integration a little too far, although they had a different term for it in the old empire days.

As a Brit settled in a new country, may I venture to say that one must not lose sight of the correct use of language, particularly when communicating with a wide international audience, whatever one must do when within the local society.

I think I understand the gist of what you were writing, although some of the more colloquial terms escaped me.

Suffice that I return the compliment and wish you and your wife a happy and prosperous New Year.

Yours most sincerely,

Adrian

(PS both of us can talk crap in our own ways, can't we? - you more than me, of course!)

Hi Adrian,

How on earth did this 9 year old post find the light of day again, posted in the days when this was a fun forum to be a contributor on and before you became a member, your addition to the forum was like a breath of fresh air and we had a lot of friendly bantor going on with Dafydd, Barry and a few others.

How things change

Anyway I hope you and your partner find everything you are looking for in 2017

Robert
Quote Hi Ron,

It is pretty much business as usual. If you have any technical issues or find a bug in PowerDirector you can report it on here and I'll make sure the information gets passed on.

See the updated read me for more details: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50108.page

Cheers,

PowerDirector Moderator

I think what RonH is asking, is will you provide the same level of support and assistance that Dafydd has given users over the past 10 years, his knowledge of PD and solutions provided have been invaluable. Dafydd and I joined the forum about the same time in 2006, and his continued help in those early days improved my understanding and enjoyment of using the program, or will you now rely on other forum members to take on that role
Are you sure it was PhotoDirector 7 Essentials that you purchased, if so who did you purhase it from, CyberLink provide the Essentials version FREE and as such is severely crippled in its functionallity, Ultra and Deluxe are the two versions available for purchase
The problem with QuickTime is the QuickTime Player, this is where the vunerability exists.

For the time being, the rccommended course of action is to remove QT completly then reinstall the QT Essentials only, disable all other components to prevent installation then you will have the QT codecs only, now you will be able to import .mov files. MOV files with an H.264 Baseline Profile should be able to be played without QT being installed
However, that price is not available for Australasia
That statement dated 2015/09/08 is only for the full retail version of PowerDVD 9, there is no mention that it applies to OEM versions, nor is any link provided for OEM versions
Why don't you contact CyberLink Support for their advice
But you did not purchase PowerDVD 9, your OEM version was provided free with your DVD drive. You cannot expect CyberLink to provide a free upgrade to the retail version of PowerDVD 12, from a free OEM version.
Also that statement from CyberLink is very old and probably no longer applies
PowerDVD 9 is no longer supported by CyberLink, your only option is to purchase PowerDVD 15, download the trial and test it
Does this not work for you Barry
Disabling Bitlocker Drive Encryption:

Open the Start menu and select Settings
Select the System option
In the menu on the left side, scroll down and select About
Scroll down to the section labelled Device Encryption
Select Turn Off
All your SmartSound music files are located in C:\ProgramData\SmartSoundSoftware Inc. and would not be uninstalled when you remove PD. So unless you also uninstalled this folder as well, all your existing music tracks are intact and can still be used
See if the following HP trouble shooting guide helps

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02452221&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en#N210
If anyone is interested, New Blue Have a current promotion of all 6 Essentials packs for US$98.99 for the lot.
I doubt if this promotion will last long.

Robert

Forgot to mention, use Coupon Code EFX03
Hi Jackie,

Just be aware that only Win 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate can utilize ram in excess of 16Gb

There should be no major issues with any of your selected ATI cards, although some driver updates can cause issues, resulting in the need to roll back, but this also applies to Nvidia.

Robert
Hi HB

First the good news, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your Lumix G6 video, in my two NLE's the clips open and play correctly, the resolution and clarity is fantastic.

I had major issues with MP4 video when I had PD9 installed which led me to eventually removing it from my computer and seeking alternative programs. The two programs that I now run in conjunction with each other do not have any issues with MP4 videos.

PD has always been my preferred editor and maybe one day I will install the latest version, however you cannot upgrade from PD9 to PD12, it being necessary to purchase the full version, which is a bit of an imposition, seeing as other NLE's allow you to upgrade from just about any previous version installed

So, you could try downloading the trial of PD12, although there might be some limitations on the file format that can be trialed with it, MP4's used to be one format that could not be used with the trial, that may have changed now.

Robert
Does this help', this is a response from Microsoft Support on a similar issue

Step 1:
It sounds like you have an installed program configured to access the internet and perform an operation, such as check for updates for that program.

a. The 'server busy' message is appearing because the program is trying to access the internet before the connection is completely ready.

b. It could be any program like an Antivirus program that has program update options.

c. You will have the settings inside the program to configure the way it updates.

Step 2:
However, I suggest that you check Event Viewer entries to find the faulty module that could be causing this issue.

a. Open Event Viewer by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Event Viewer.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

b. Click an event log in the left pane.

c. Double-click an event to view the details of the event and let us know the faulty module that is causing the issue.

Access the below links to know more about Event Viewer:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-Event-Viewer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-information-appears-in-event-logs-Event-Viewer

Step 3:
You may also put the computer in a Clean Boot and check for the issue. Below are the steps to put the computer in a Clean Boot State:

To perform a Clean Boot on a computer that is running Windows 7:

1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.

3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.

4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.

5. Click OK.

6. When you are prompted, click Restart.

7. After the computer starts, check if the issue is fixed.

If your issue is resolved after performing Clean Boot, then follow the steps mentioned in the following KB article to narrow down the exact source:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Also, see the section on how return your computer to a Normal startup mode by following the steps under “Reset the computer to start as usual”, after performing the clean boot troubleshooting.

Robert

Go to: