Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SmartSound with Power Director 13 just have a couple songs for to use! the old version have all avai
Emilce [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 04, 2014 11:20 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
SmartSound with Power Director 13 just have a couple songs (and very bad songs) for to use and another list have to purchase and the price is too high $69 to $99 for each song? some one can help me with how to get free songs for to use with the videos?
SmartSound with Power Director 13 just have a couple songs for to use! the old version have all available song for to use, I very frustrated because I had the version 7 and I bought this new version and for to install the new version I deleted the old one and now I saw this version don't have all songs available for to use....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 09. 2014 19:27

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Emilce -

If you mean the tracks supplied with PDR 13 (not purchased separately), there should be 10 tracks (from the "Core Foundations" album).

Track names - Clear Vision, Feature Presentation, Future Progress, Global Vibes, Introspective, Julie's Place, Pavane, Run Down, Super Logo, Wild Chase

Earlier versions of PD, like 7 & 8, came with the "Full Spectrum" album installed. Yes - there were more track - http://www.smartsound.com/royalty-free-music/library/Full+Spectrum/

Are the Full Spectrum tracks not in your SS library?

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Emilce [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony, just I have the 10 songs you mention but the Full Spectrum track not, how I can get that? because really is not enough 10 songs for make the different videos and don't have much styles...or how the people get songs for your videos (free copyright?) I don't want to spend $70-$100 per song is to expensive....I really interested in this songs I had in my old version (7) Crystal Innocence and Cold Metal....because I used in my past videos and I want to keep the same secuence of the videos with the same song....but now when I try to get it is not available anymore in this new version and have to buy...
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Yes -

Innocence & Cold Metal are tracks from Full Spectrum. I assume you've uninstalled them at some point if they're not available.

In C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Libraries do you see a file called Full Spectrum 22k.sdx?

If you still have your original PD 7 installer files, it will be in there.

Cheers - Tony
Emilce [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Tony, I will see if I can find the files, I have a original CD v7, right now I working but when I come back my home I will see and I hope can recover these songs.....another question, I don't have to install again the old version right? just I have to look for the file ( ...Full Spectrum 22k.sdx)? and copy / paste in this place?

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Libraries

Just let me know if I'm correct?

Thanks a lot! for your help
ynotfish
[Post New]
I don't have to install again the old version right? just I have to look for the file ( ...Full Spectrum 22k.sdx)? and copy / paste in this place?

No - that won't work - there are many other files associated with the installation. I just wanted to check if it had been installed previously.

Good luck locating the installer files

Cheers - Tony
Emilce [Avatar]
[Post New]
The thing is when I installed the new version I removed the old one because I had problem with the software and I was thinking maybe was for had the old version in the computer....bad choice....
Rute [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 26, 2015 12:21 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
can you help me? I can't find any free soundtrack on smart sound. None of the songs you mention are for free in my version they have all to be bought. I have however ultra edition and have installed both content packs.

What has gone wrong?
Emilce [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, really I don't use too much this program and I don't know what happen, now I have another problem I can't download the pics frames in my pc...really very frustrated....
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Emilce

Free music is always a problem. I've just been told about this website for some really good, quality music. You can buy a license, then download as much copyright free music as you need = http://www.beatsuite.com/music/category/latest-music/4

If you can do a search on the web, there are other websites where you can download music for free but the tracks can be rather limiting.

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
All your SmartSound music files are located in C:\ProgramData\SmartSoundSoftware Inc. and would not be uninstalled when you remove PD. So unless you also uninstalled this folder as well, all your existing music tracks are intact and can still be used Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots