Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello sumerJ, thanks. As an afterthought I typed C920 in the search box and found that a few members had purchased the webcam although it was some time ago and a few had problems with particular features of it. I also YouTubed the webcam and although it made a first appearance in 2016 or thereabouts it is still currently holding a place and a few videos explain how to set it up for maximum quality. My main concern was about using it with Youcam 8. I placed an order and expect delivery in a few days.
My webcam is mediocre and am contemplating buying the Logitech C920 HD Pro USB 1080p Webcam. Does anyone have any experience of using this item with Youcam 8. Thanks for any help.
Hello tomasc, I have resolved the problem. As I said before, Screen Recorder 3 works fine with the webcam mic and the webcam video is not required with the program but as a test I selected the webcam video in the settings and made a short clip. The result was the same sound interference as that when using Youcam 8. So I deduced it was using the webcam video in conjunction with the webcam audio that caused the interference. I then made another Screen Recorder 3 clip selecting the webcam video but used an external mic with the result there was no sound interference. Finally, I made a Youcam 8 video clip with the external mic which resulted in clear sound.
Here is the sound file.
I have never tried Youtube before but I will endeavor to cut the file I have down to an appropriate size to send as an attachment.
Hello tomasc, I am using a desktop so it is not movable as such but the problem is with youcam 8 as using Screen Recorder 3 results in the background being clean. I do not use One Drive or Google Drive so am stuck. Thanks
Hello, I recently purchased Youcam 8 and athough it uses the webcam sound and vision the sound has a uniform ticking in the background. I also use Screen Recorder 3 without any problems. Is it possible for me to upload a file of the sound? Thanks.
Quote Hello All, I have recently bought PowerDirector 17 and I do not want the example files to load upon running the program. Advice please. thanks

I have just sussed it.all ok
Hello All, I have recently bought PowerDirector 17 and I do not want the example files to load upon running the program. Advice please. thanks
Quote Hello, I have just installed PowerDirector 16 Ultimate and left PowerDirector 15 Ultimate still installed. There are a number of items in a few Rooms in PD 15 Ultimate and would like to move them over to the appropriate Rooms in PD 16 Ultimate. Is this possible? Thanks.
Did you install the Contents Packs?

Most things from PD15 will transfer automatically.

Yes, and I noticed that the extras i.e Holiday Packs were also in PD 15 Ultimate as a result of installing PD 16 Ultimate. I had previously made some slideshows in PD15 but the elements I had added do not appear in PD16 Rooms hence my query.
Hello, I have just installed PowerDirector 16 Ultimate and left PowerDirector 15 Ultimate still installed. There are a number of items in a few Rooms in PD 15 Ultimate and would like to move them over to the appropriate Rooms in PD 16 Ultimate. Is this possible? Thanks.
Hello Longedge, yes, you are right. I can only put my query down to another Senior Moment where I failed to see it. Thanks all the same.
Hello All, I sussed out how to resolve the black edges upon making a slideshow from still shots but the latest problem occurred upon importing a .mov video. I worked out how to cut and join parts of the file and how to make and add titled colour boards but cannot mask the black edges of the actual video. Placing and expandng the duration of a colour board to match the length of the video on the top track drew a blank. I Googled for some info and someone had said it could be resolved by using the PIP Designer but I cannot work out how to do so. I produce slideshows as mpegs and they are stored on a USB stick and viewed on the TV. Likewise, this first attempt with an actual video clip is also saved as an mpeg, stored on a USB stick and viewed on the TV. Although the image fills out to the screen edges the black edges are not seen but I thought it would be handy to mask them in case I sent someone a video and their viewing means did not follow suit. Thanks for any help.
Hello All, I have today bought a SilverCrest USB Video Grabber from LIDL. It comes with an OEM version of PowerDirector 12. Can I use my installed version of PowerDirector 15 Ultimate instead? Thanks for any feedback.
Quote Hello, I made a 7m 38s clip from still shots and saved project back to the original name of Bunker.pds using PowerDirector 15 Ultimate. Upon reloading the project and selecting Storyboard mode all I see is one graphic of the background image (camourflage) used to prevent black edges being seen and the total time 7m 38s. I can still use Timeline view although previous reloads of Bunker.pds did allow use of both modes.

Hi grafique

The storyboard view is graphical display, or storyboard, of all your video clips and images on the first track in the timeline ie track 1. You can use it to give you an overview of your project. The first frame of any clip will usually be the picture seen.

Yes, Shadowman, I just reloaded a different .pds project which also has a different background image and that too only shows the top graphic track background image and total clip time. So thanks for that. my next query will be how to zoom and pan.......
Quote Hello, I made a 7m 38s clip from still shots and saved project back to the original name of Bunker.pds using PowerDirector 15 Ultimate. Upon reloading the project and selecting Storyboard mode all I see is one graphic of the background image (camourflage) used to prevent black edges being seen and the total time 7m 38s. I can still use Timeline view although previous reloads of Bunker.pds did allow use of both modes.

Hi grafique

The storyboard view is graphical display, or storyboard, of all your video clips and images on the first track in the timeline ie track 1. You can use it to give you an overview of your project. The first frame of any clip will usually be the picture seen.

Hello Shadowman, Are you saying that if I did not use a background image but used the top graphic track for the still shots they would show in Storyboard mode? Perhaps this is why previous reloads did so as at those times I did not know how to implement a background image. Thanks for your response.
Hello, I made a 7m 38s clip from still shots and saved project back to the original name of Bunker.pds using PowerDirector 15 Ultimate. Upon reloading the project and selecting Storyboard mode all I see is one graphic of the background image (camourflage) used to prevent black edges being seen and the total time 7m 38s. I can still use Timeline view although previous reloads of Bunker.pds did allow use of both modes.
Go to: