Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
apply a background colour board to hide black edges on 16:9 imported movie clip
grafique [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 08, 2017 11:03 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hello All, I sussed out how to resolve the black edges upon making a slideshow from still shots but the latest problem occurred upon importing a .mov video. I worked out how to cut and join parts of the file and how to make and add titled colour boards but cannot mask the black edges of the actual video. Placing and expandng the duration of a colour board to match the length of the video on the top track drew a blank. I Googled for some info and someone had said it could be resolved by using the PIP Designer but I cannot work out how to do so. I produce slideshows as mpegs and they are stored on a USB stick and viewed on the TV. Likewise, this first attempt with an actual video clip is also saved as an mpeg, stored on a USB stick and viewed on the TV. Although the image fills out to the screen edges the black edges are not seen but I thought it would be handy to mask them in case I sent someone a video and their viewing means did not follow suit. Thanks for any help.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
If the video you are using is truly 16:9 in a 16:9 project then there shouldn't be any black borders. Can you post a screenshot of your whole edit workspace with the scrubber at a point where you are getting the black border.
grafique [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 08, 2017 11:03 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Longedge, yes, you are right. I can only put my query down to another Senior Moment where I failed to see it. Thanks all the same.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
laughing there but for the grace of God, as the saying goes laughing