Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video Grabber
grafique [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 08, 2017 11:03 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hello All, I have today bought a SilverCrest USB Video Grabber from LIDL. It comes with an OEM version of PowerDirector 12. Can I use my installed version of PowerDirector 15 Ultimate instead? Thanks for any feedback.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello All, I have today bought a SilverCrest USB Video Grabber from LIDL. It comes with an OEM version of PowerDirector 12. Can I use my installed version of PowerDirector 15 Ultimate instead? Thanks for any feedback.
It depends on the driver provided for the Video Grabber. Powerdirector 16 may not 'see' the capture device.

It is usually best to use the provided capture software, then import the captured video to Powerdirector 15/16. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Carl is giving you fair warning, but it doesn't hurt to try. If it fails, nothing lost, nothing gained. As far as actual capture quality, probably zero difference between PD12 and 16. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I note you asked about PDR15 but posted in the PDR16 forum.

I have a cheap Easier CAP usb video grabber that works fine in versions up to PDR15, but seems to be rejected by PDR16. I haven't had time to troubleshoot it yet.

Hope that helps.

Adrian
sergiocamaras [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 01, 2017 06:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I also have a similar video camera and I have the same problem. I will try to follow the steps that you have indicated here. Regards Me encanta chatear en este foro
Parsley
Newbie Location: North Yorkshire England Joined: Oct 01, 2017 13:40 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Apolofies for jumping in this thread as my first post, but I also have a problem with Video Grabber ( the cheaper version). Bought it yesterday and it will not recognise my camcorder (Canon UC900). When I open the programme to start (with the camcorder running), the only thing that seems to be available is the web cam. All other options are "greyed out".

It has PD12 as the provided programme. Am I doing something completely wrong?? Confused of North Yorkshire
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
UC 900 is FireWire isn't it.

edit: no FireWire, it's USB.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 01. 2017 15:08

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Parsley
Newbie Location: North Yorkshire England Joined: Oct 01, 2017 13:40 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Apolofies for jumping in this thread as my first post, but I also have a problem with Video Grabber ( the cheaper version). Bought it yesterday and it will not recognise my camcorder (Canon UC900). When I open the programme to start (with the camcorder running), the only thing that seems to be available is the web cam. All other options are "greyed out".

It has PD12 as the provided programme. Am I doing something completely wrong??

Can anyone help me with this or direct me to another forum please. Getting desperate!! Confused of North Yorkshire
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The Canon UC900 is an analog 8mm camcorder. See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii_0Qhon6Ys . 1 min 55 sec into that video you may have to click that top right third button to capture from tv signal button with PD12.

Be sure that you selected composite and not S-video in the capture software setup.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 02. 2017 13:21

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

You should connect your camera to the grabber with the AV cable, making sure the connections are correct, white-white, red-red etc.

Your grabber should be installed using the drivers that came with it. On my system, it does not show up anywhere in device manager, other than in the sound,video and game controllers section and/or under control Panel>hardware and Sound>devices and printers.

If it appears here then PD12 should pick it up automatically. My 2109 version works fine.

I recall some difficulty in getting mine to work with Win10 drivers, but I've had mine for some time, and I think I had to re-install it after the Win 10 upgrade from Win 7.

Hope that helps.

Adrian
[Thumb - video grabber.PNG]
 Filename
video grabber.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
236 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
199 time(s)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Parsley
[Post New]
Quote The Canon UC900 is an analog 8mm camcorder. See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii_0Qhon6Ys . 1 min 55 sec into that video you may have to click that top right third button to capture from tv signal button with PD12.

Be sure that you selected composite and not S-video in the capture software setup.

Thanks Tomasc. I'll keep trying!! Confused of North Yorkshire
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
This could be another case were Windows installs the wrong generic drivers.

With the device plugged in, delete the drivers for that device from Windows Device Manager. Remove the device, reinstall the drivers that came with the device. Plug in the device and try again.

Note this happens with the Roxio device and this is the solution for that device. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Parsley
[Post New]
Thanks everyone who have commented. I ended up doing the obvious and re-installed the programme. All seems well at the moment and I can now see the content from my cacorder. Going to call it a day now and find out tomorrow how to save/edit/etc.

So once again many thanks. Confused of North Yorkshire