Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YouCam 8
grafique [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 08, 2017 11:03 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I recently purchased Youcam 8 and athough it uses the webcam sound and vision the sound has a uniform ticking in the background. I also use Screen Recorder 3 without any problems. Is it possible for me to upload a file of the sound? Thanks.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Go ahead and record say a minute or so of video and audio in a quiet room where you think there should not be a ticking sound. Post it to say One Drive or google drive with a link for users to access and test.
grafique [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello tomasc, I am using a desktop so it is not movable as such but the problem is with youcam 8 as using Screen Recorder 3 results in the background being clean. I do not use One Drive or Google Drive so am stuck. Thanks
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
If the audio file is small like no larger than 5 megabytes then you could post it as an attachment. Better still post a YouTube video of the capture as we will be analying for the source of the ticking sound.
grafique [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have never tried Youtube before but I will endeavor to cut the file I have down to an appropriate size to send as an attachment.
grafique [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here is the sound file.
 Filename
Youcam 8 constant unwanted sound.mp3
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
301 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
456 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have boosted the volume of the attached mp3 +12db and listen to it with headphones and find no uniform ticking sound throughout the 20 sec. audio file.

It is possible other users can listen and report what they find here. This would be great help in identifying any obnoxious ticking sound.
grafique [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello tomasc, I have resolved the problem. As I said before, Screen Recorder 3 works fine with the webcam mic and the webcam video is not required with the program but as a test I selected the webcam video in the settings and made a short clip. The result was the same sound interference as that when using Youcam 8. So I deduced it was using the webcam video in conjunction with the webcam audio that caused the interference. I then made another Screen Recorder 3 clip selecting the webcam video but used an external mic with the result there was no sound interference. Finally, I made a Youcam 8 video clip with the external mic which resulted in clear sound.