Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Storyboard mode
grafique [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 08, 2017 11:03 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I made a 7m 38s clip from still shots and saved project back to the original name of Bunker.pds using PowerDirector 15 Ultimate. Upon reloading the project and selecting Storyboard mode all I see is one graphic of the background image (camourflage) used to prevent black edges being seen and the total time 7m 38s. I can still use Timeline view although previous reloads of Bunker.pds did allow use of both modes.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello, I made a 7m 38s clip from still shots and saved project back to the original name of Bunker.pds using PowerDirector 15 Ultimate. Upon reloading the project and selecting Storyboard mode all I see is one graphic of the background image (camourflage) used to prevent black edges being seen and the total time 7m 38s. I can still use Timeline view although previous reloads of Bunker.pds did allow use of both modes.

Hi grafique

The storyboard view is graphical display, or storyboard, of all your video clips and images on the first track in the timeline ie track 1. You can use it to give you an overview of your project. The first frame of any clip will usually be the picture seen.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 13. 2017 11:56

grafique [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello, I made a 7m 38s clip from still shots and saved project back to the original name of Bunker.pds using PowerDirector 15 Ultimate. Upon reloading the project and selecting Storyboard mode all I see is one graphic of the background image (camourflage) used to prevent black edges being seen and the total time 7m 38s. I can still use Timeline view although previous reloads of Bunker.pds did allow use of both modes.

Hi grafique

The storyboard view is graphical display, or storyboard, of all your video clips and images on the first track in the timeline ie track 1. You can use it to give you an overview of your project. The first frame of any clip will usually be the picture seen.

Hello Shadowman, Are you saying that if I did not use a background image but used the top graphic track for the still shots they would show in Storyboard mode? Perhaps this is why previous reloads did so as at those times I did not know how to implement a background image. Thanks for your response.
grafique [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi grafique

Yes, Shadowman, I just reloaded a different .pds project which also has a different background image and that too only shows the top graphic track background image and total clip time. So thanks for that. my next query will be how to zoom and pan.......
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, only track 1 will show as an image. If there is no image in track 1, but there is one in track two this frame will show as a black frame, as will any gaps in track 1 Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
etcbeatty [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Columbus OH Joined: Mar 05, 2017 17:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yes, only track 1 will show as an image. If there is no image in track 1, but there is one in track two this frame will show as a black frame, as will any gaps in track 1

Shadowman,

I'm curious as to why a user cannot select a different track to view using the Storyboard mode. Most of my videos do not use track 1 as the main graphics track... since I usually have something serving as a back-drop and move photos across the screen. This could be useful for beginning a project by using track 1 to select and arrange photos and clips, then moving to a new track when adding effects. Would selecting a track for the Storyboard display make sense as a feature or is there a workflow issue with what I am doing? Bob