Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The Waveform on the timeline is not correct after editing the audion in Audio Editor or Audio Director.

I often go into Audio Editor or Audio Director Directly from the timeline to bump the level a bit and when the edited audio returns to the timeline the waveform is incorrect. It sounds find and is in sync with the video but the auctual graphic of the waveform is not showing correctly. I can right click and select regenerate waveform and it still looks the same. The graphic waveform of the peaks and valleys are in the wrong place but the audio is correct. This has remained even with the latest updates to PD. I use PD 365 Directors Suite.

Thanks,

Trey
Thank you Jeff!

You answered a question I had. I was pulling my hair out as to why when I did a lot of color grading or smothing grainy video that the GPU did not seem to being utilized and it was taking forever. About 7 hours on a 1hr and 15min clip. You quote below helped me with that:

"I have speeds for all, just too much information, this pdf was purely to try and look at quality. Speed is also a huge function on timeline content, do lots of color grading, a high end GPU will do nothing to improve encode performance. These are very simplistic timelines so frame by frame quality can be compared back to source. Yes, it does highlight speed differences between CPU, Nvidia, or AMD encoding features but may offer little insight into someone's unique timeline bottlenecks."

Kind of like this for basic 2 channel stereo, left to right in pic
-3dB, entirely green
-2dB, transition from green to yellow
-1dB, transition from yellow to red
0dB, no transition, fully red

Jeff

Thank you Jeff. That is a big help!
First of all let me say I am very greatful for the audio level meters that are now in the preview window.

My question for anyone:

In the preview Window Audio meters in PD 18 and 365...what are the actual db levels? If you are at the green to yellow what is that in decibels and yellow to Red?

Also could the actual db levels be added in an update?

Thank you very much!
Yes upgrade. It is very worth to do the directors suite.
Quote Thanks for your replies,

I have been taking a deeper look into how I should approach my problem which basically comes down to having a level audio output where the viewer does not have to keep adjusting the volume.

One of the things that caused me confusion is that each video audio had differing levels of 0 db displayed after normalising the audio on each track.

rgds

With the new audio meters In PD 18 and 365 does anyone know what the outputs are in DB. They are not labeled in any way?
Quote I have an edited project in cs6 how to i get it to this program to burn a dvd or blu ray?

Produce your video in AP in a compatable format for PD then import it into PD and go from there?
Quote The 3rd party technology restrictions, I suspect, may well apply to any "consumer NLE" but I haven't researched that too much.I interpret the EULA to mean that CyberLink offers no explicit restriction for commercial use under a general license, and indeed one might say that by explicitly restricting the Educational and Trial licenses, there is an implicit "permission" existing under the general license but the lawyers might argue that one for a while.

I also interpret it to mean that, as an end user, the commercial use of the defined 3rd party technologies is a matter between the end user and the appropriate technology controlling bodies as detailed in the EULA. So, beware swapping horses, because the same criteria might (probably will?) apply.

If you are interested just google H.264/MPEG-4 AVC commercial use violation or similar and be prepared!!So, for us as end users, producing the odd video on a commercial basis, will MPEG LA L.L.C. come after me? Doubt it, but who knows??

Only way totally round it, is to get a commercial license - if you need to, because the conditions are anything but clear :

https://video.stackexchange.com/questions/14694/mp4-h-264-patent-issues/14699

http://www.geniusdv.com/weblog/archives/understanding_mpeg-4_licensing_for_streaming_media.php

gives a flavour.

So...... as usual - over to us end users, I suppose??

Adrian

I would be really suprised to see someone come after you for this.
Quote Hello peeps....

So using PD 16 and want to emulate a fast time shift effect for an upcoming scuba dive video project. The effect I'm looking for will see the footage skip, but not miss any frames I think, in time to music.

Here is a link to a video with the same kind of effect in it - particularly where the girl is walking away from camera. The quick speed up and slow downs in time with the music are what I'd like to do.

https://youtu.be/G-WPiCWZZKA?t=4m25s

Had a play with time shift, seems too slow and not fast enough to acheive the effect. Tried dropping frames, but that looks too jerky.

Anyone help a fella out?

Cheers

Andy W

Good question. I would have thought dropping several frames inbetween each move would have done it.

1. An Audio Meter directly in Powerdirector. I know I can see one in Audiodirector

2. A garbage matt. I know I can use a mask but that is not quite the same.

Really a awesome set of software! Thanks for such great work.

Thanks,

Trey

(Director Suite 6) (I came from Abobe, Edius then Sony Vegas now Cyberlink products)
Quote A small group of us have been working on a Newsletter, which is designed to complement other sources of information and the wider topics on the forum.

We aim to have articles, news and information relevant and interesting to PowerDirector users, but we do not see the newsletter as a technical journal.

This first issue is 4 pages and covers the following :

• Win 10 Creators Update

• Inside a .pds file

• Backup .v. Packup

• Useful Places to visit

Ideas for the next issue cover :

• Snap to and overlay grids

• Shadow files

• Custom templates transfer

but the final content is still being developed as we sort through the suggestions and ideas box!

We hope you find it a useful addition to the forum.

Cheers

Adrian

Thanks
Go to: