Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Should I upgrade PD16 to 365?
Axwack [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2017 22:54 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I bought powerDirector to help my son with youtube videos. It never really took off. However, I started a new endeavor for my wife and I am Vlogging a lot for Youtube.

I am no expert at all. However, I did transitions, music overlays, clipping, etc.

PD16 seems like everythign I need. The music I found was on a free to use website. My system imports my GoPro videos and my DSLR videos.

Do I need to upgrade? What do I get by doing so? I don't need a lot other than Youtube Vlogging. I'm ok to upgrade to be compatible but any help would be great.
TDK1044 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 11, 2019 12:27 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I bought powerDirector to help my son with youtube videos. It never really took off. However, I started a new endeavor for my wife and I am Vlogging a lot for Youtube.

I am no expert at all. However, I did transitions, music overlays, clipping, etc.

PD16 seems like everythign I need. The music I found was on a free to use website. My system imports my GoPro videos and my DSLR videos.

Do I need to upgrade? What do I get by doing so? I don't need a lot other than Youtube Vlogging. I'm ok to upgrade to be compatible but any help would be great.

It doesn't sound like you need to upgrade. 365 is a subscription service. Do you really need that? It gives you all the bells and whistles, and you get any new updates automatically, but considering your needs, I'd stay with PD16. If there comes a time that you require additional functionality, then consider either PD18 as a newer stand alone product, or 365 if you decide that you want all the bells and whistles.
Treysvideo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 10, 2017 20:25 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Yes upgrade. It is very worth to do the directors suite. Trey
In His Grip! ><>