Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sorry, its difficult to understand your problem. To help you some more details on your sources and on how you want to process these sources may be helpful.

More than a year ago, with PD13, Produce occasionally produced black parts (holes) in the produced output file ("did not process some sources properly").
A closer look taught me that certain clips (trimmed sources), with certain effects applied, could not get properly rendered by hardware encoding. When I selected software encoding, all was fine.
I don't know if this will work for you.
Quote ...Having lots of hasstle ... PD 13 ... PD 15 ...

Sorry can't help you myself. But, you could try what I am doing:
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more.
Simply read any posting of contributor "ynotfish" in this forum. You will find the precise links to PDtoots tutorials.
(You may also google for other YouTube tutorials.)
Did you install [Beta Patch] PDR15 v2302 (see top of this thread)?
It cured SVRT. It may cure your issue. Maybe worth to try it.
Quote ... As far as I know, PD alway starts full screen by design.

Yes. Thank you for your answer.
But, are we all happy with this design feature? Isn't the GUI factory reset to full screen an antiquated design feature?

Imagine, your car, everytime you switch off the engine, forgets your adjustments of the driver's seat, of the steering wheel, the mirror and your other adjustment customizations and returns to factory settings.
This design feature would force you to spend valuable time and efforts to manually re-establish your customizations over and over again. The loss of time and effort will accumulate with each instance you step into your car, start it and drive away.
Wouldn't you and millions of car drivers request an immediate change?

Shouldn't we users strongly ask Cyberlink to improve the startup feature of PD's GUI so that it retains the user's customizations? Shouldn't the experts join in to back the request?
No expert out there to comment or answer?

PD offers many fine features to customize the GUI layout.
I miss to find an option to save and load the last used custom GUI layout and GUI position for reuse on restart of last PD session.

To me this is a nagging problem.
I need to know how to start PD to a customized layout and position.
Or, to learn that it really is intended by design to be not possible.

Please help.
Quote Using an MP4 clip on the timeline if the following sequence is used to render a preview PD15 does nothing and exits the render process:

1. Mute audio track

2. Split clip into two segments

3. Apply a default stabilizer to the second segment

4. Select a range within the second segment to preview render

The fix is to NOT mute the audio for a preview render.

I can reproduce the quirk:
Used your Capture_22.wmv as sample clip.

Test A: not ok
-1. Fresh start of PD15, Drag clip into media pane
0.Drag clip into timeline track 1
1.Mute audio track:
>>> "muted the clip via right click on the clip
and did "Mute Clip". " <<< ---
-> Another right click on clip shows "Mute Clip" is checked.
-> I conclude "Mute Clip" is in effect!
-> Though, timeline track audio check mark is still checked as ON!
2.Split clip into two segments
3.Apply a default stabilizer to the second segment
4.Select a range within the second segment to preview render
4.1 Highlight second segment
4.2 select the range
4.3 >>> click "Render Preview" on tool bar above timeline
-> pops up: "The video preview is rendering..."
-> vanishes in < 1 second !!!
-> ??? NOOP ???
-> NO rendered preview! No green preview mark above preview range!
-> Quirk/Error ???

Test B: ok
-1. Restart PD15, Drag clip into media pane
0.Drag clip into timeline track 1
1.Mute audio track:
>>> "muted the clip via timeline disable audio check" <<< ---
-> Timeline track audio check mark is not checked
-> Thus, audio of complete track is OFF.
2.Split clip into two segments
3.Apply a default stabilizer to the second segment
4.Select a range within the second segment to preview render
4.1 Highlight second segment
4.2 select the range
4.3 >>> click "Render Preview" on tool bar above timeline
-> pops up: "The video preview is rendering..." and stays on.
->-> pops up at right side: "rendering..." and stays a while
->->-> 1st part of the selected range becomes marked GREEN above time line
->-> pops up at right side: "rendering..." and stays a while
->->-> next part of the selected range becomes marked GREEN above time line
->->>> "Render Preview" vanishes and
->->>> full selected range is marked GREEN as preview rendered.
-> ok
Quote A beta patch is available ...http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50031.pageJeff

Quote ... I've installed the 2226 beta patch & my observation so far is that the SVRT issue is fixed..

Its amazing what this forum and its real experts can bring about! I've been waiting for such a patch for years. Now its here.
My 1st tests with 2226 beta patch show: It works!
It does what you would expect from SVRT:
* render to heal the wounds of the small cutted GOP zone splitted at the cut position
* fast-frame-copy the 99+% majority of the original video clip
Thanks JL_JL, Dafydd B, ynotfish, et al. I'm convinced, You gave Cyberlink the right kick.

Quote ...Clips from some camcorder makers need to enable the option to use SVRT, especially Canon.

Let me add:
SVRT should become enabled to supply its services also to smart phone camera footage, especially Samsung Galaxy S4 mp4 footage, which currently requires full clip sw or hw rendering before SVRT accepts it. (S7 footage not yet tested.)
+ PD needs to enable the option to use SVRT for live stream flv !
Unfortunately, PD always starts Maximized to Full Screen.

Though, PD is entitled to rule the desktop, I need space on the right side of the desktop for supporting text and explorer windows. Furthermore, I would want to save me the pain to manually restore over and over again my favourite screen layout. I would rather want simply to start PD and straightaway plunge into productive video editing instead of restoring PD GUI to previous layout.

Is it possible to persuade PowerDirector to start to an user defineable 'New Untitled Project' custom default layout, position and size, and on open an existing project, to start to last used user defined project default?

In short, is it possible to configure PD startup to start like almost every other Windows application (e.g. Word, Excel , ...)?

Regards,
Peter
Quote I think I've hit this same bug and hope they can get a patch for it. I also think basically the same thing may be happening with AUDIO (MP4) files that are split whereby the sound for all the split segments (like a voice over) loose their respective adjusted gain settings and seem to go all the way to maximum on the + side during rendering. Even though the CORRECT gain settings are visible and unaltered in the timeline. Very frustrating....

Me too! I think I've hit this same bug. And I keep buying PD since years in the hope that SVRT eventually will perform properly.

I am so happy and relieved to have found this thread. It restored my self-respect. Many thanks to JL_JL and Dafydd B!
I really was at the edge of going to believe, that it was me who is the dumb old I-SVRT-diot who is differently unabled to use the annually award winning highly praised sophisticated and ubundantly documented "Intelligent + Smart + Video + Rendering + Technology" decorated PowerDirector.
It is so good to read that, in fact, it may be the other way round.

That said, and by JL_JL and Dafydd B the case having been passed to Cyberlink, is there anything else we frustrated users could do, than pray, pay and praise CL, to motivate Cyberlink to issue a decisive update real very soon?

Should every frustrated SVRT user send his pledge individually to Cyberlink to boost priority?
And/Or should we, while we wait for an update, look out for other options and work-arounds to ReDo our Videos. Simply Cutting and Fast-Frame-Copying Video Re Do can't be that difficult, can it?
Are there any intelligently smart, possibly multi-step work-arounds, which we could share, how to overcome the SVRT bugs and flaws, in order to achieve the goal of a precisely cut, fast-frame-copied video and then add the FadeIn/Out and other effects in one or more further steps?

Peter
Vielen Dank, Bernd, für die rasche Antwort.

Das Suchfeld hatte ich tatsächlich auf der super-bunten Seite übersehen.

Was wirklich extrem fehlt ist eine Vorschau der Effekte auf der Webseite!
Im PD gibt es ja eine Vorschau. Warum wohl? Allerdings könnte sich Cyberlink einmal an der Konkurrenz orientieren. Warum so nervige Vorschau-Animationen? Rotierenden Windräder (beim fx), wie permanente Kindergartenparty!

Ich finde die DirectorZone Katolog-Webseite als eine Zumutung und nicht als Bereicherung des Benutzerservices!
Ohne entsprechende Vorschau in der Webseite vergeudet Cyberlink mutwillig und vorsätzlich eine erhebliche Menge der kostbaren Zeit seiner Kunden! Zudem muss man jetzt infolge der fehlenden Vorschau in der DirectorZone seinen PC mit probeweisen Effekt-Downloads und Installationen zumüllen. Diese muss man dann wieder mühsam entfernen. Das alles kostet eine Menge Zeit und Nerven. Die fehlen dann bei der Video-Bearbeitung.
Da wäre mir viel lieber, wenn Cyberlink, so wie beispielsweise Adobe, gleich die Basis-Effekte und eine größere Zahl wirklich nützlicher Effekte und Vorlagen an Stelle der Kindergarteneffekte mitliefert. Die Grundfunktionalität muss schon im Produkt vorhanden sein und auch klaglos funktionieren!

Für mein laufendes Projekt benötige ich dringend die Möglichkeit einen Effekt, z.B. _Ausblenden_, über mehrere Clips hinweg anzuwenden. Welche Möglichkeiten gibt es dafür?

Können das nur die fx-Effekte? Wenn das so wäre, dann müssten für die grundlegenden Ein-Clip-Effekte auch die entsprechenden fx-Effekte im Lieferumfang vorhanden sein! Das ist nicht der Fall.

Beim laufenden Projekt stehe ich nun an. Ich benötige dringend die Ein-/Ausblendung über eine Clip-Folge hinweg. Sonst kann ich PowerDirector gleich vergessen und mich bei den Konkurrenzprodukten umsehen.

Dabei hatte ich insbesondere wegen dem angepriesenen SVRT-Rendering so auf PowerDirector gesetzt.

Ich weiß, zufriedene Kunden klingen anders.

Jedenfalls vielen Dank für die Hilfe!
Nicht gerade viel los hier?
Sind meine Fragen zu schwer, zu dumm, zu irrelevant?
Oder habe ich falsche Erwartungen an den über-drüber Award-Winner und Bestseller PowerDirector???
Hier http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/41102.page und http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/41852.pagehabe ich gelernt, wie man Vorlagen für den PowerDirector 13 herunterlädt und installiert.

Aber wie finde ich aus PowerDirector 13 in der DirectorZone bei "555,682 GRATIS EFFEKTE zum Download" (Stand 13.05.2015, 20:12h) den gewünschten Effekt?

Die Webseite ist beeinduckend bunt aber m.E. ohne Anleitung zum Finden ohne praktischen Kunden-Nutzen.

Wie muss ich beispielsweise vorgehen, wenn ich einen fx-Effekt in der Art des Übergangseffekts _Ausblenden_ finden möchte? Oder ein Vorlage für ein einfaches Menü in der Art eines Inhaltsverzeichnisses eines Sachbuchs oder eines Technik-Forums, mit einer variablen Anzahl von Haupt-Abschnitten und jeweils einer variablen Anzahl von Unterabschnitten, dafür ohne optischen Schick-Schnack?Usw.

Gibt es eine Anleitung zum Suchen und Finden? Suchfunktion, Vorschaufunktion? ...
Oder muss ich die 555,682 Vorlagen einzeln herunterladen, installieren bis ich finde was ich möchte? Allerdings bräuchte ich dann mehr als 7 Leben.

Auf der Amazon Website komme ich rasch ans Ziel. Die wollen offensichtlich, dass der Kunde schnell was findet.
Bei der DirectorZone bin ich "Lost im Amazonas Urwald"!

Wie sucht und findet ein erfahrener DirectorZone Benutzer? Gibt es solche?

Wozu eine DirectorZone ohne Wegweiser? Fundgrube oder ein Marketing Gag?
Oder kenne ich einfach die Möglichkeiten nicht?

Danke für die Hilfe
Quote: Hello again, I've just made my own script with autoHotkey. I modified your script to do what I want and I'm pretty happy! Thanks Peter for opening my eyes to this possibility!
Thanks to Peter and to you for opening my eyes
Even such a long time later, and with 'super award winning' PD13, but still missing macro recording and scripting interface PD13, your scripts are as important as editing time savers as back in 2010/2013 for you with PD9 and PD11.

I am at PD13 on Vista-32 and trying to make my own modification of Peter's script.
But I do not know the script phrases to avoid the pop-up options menu for the Ctrl+V part and to select the appropriate option in the first place.
I would need to learn the script code parts for Shift+Del, Ctrl+Del, "default" Del, Alt+Del and for Ctrl+Drop, Shift+Drop, Alt+Drop.
I would also need help to solve the mistery of how to preselect the appropriate object dimension (frame, second, minute, scene, subtitle, chapter, segment) of the roll-back number.
Last but not least, how to make an exe out of the hkl?

Please share your knowledge and your code parts for automatically selecting the appropriate sub-options without pup-up interrupt.

Thanks in advance!

P.S.
My recent tests give me the impression that my problems already start before the Ctrl+C part:

Any suggestions?
Wie macht man das im PDR?

Benötige gerade im aktuellen Projekt einige hundert Mal die gleiche Abfolge von Befehlen zum Überschreiben eines unscharfen Frames (Anker-Frame) mit dem Bild des Vorgängers:

Vorbereitung der Makro-Aufnahme:
0. Navigiere zum "Makro-Anker Frame n" (z.B. mit dem Tastenürzel "." Next frame)

Anfang der Aufnahme des Makros beim Anker-Frame n:

1. >Film Modus setzen (li-Maus Click auf Film im Vorschau-Fenster oder Tastenkürzel Page-Down )

2. >Teilen (Ctrl+T)

3. >Next frame (1x TK "." ) (TK ... Tastenkürzel)

4. >Teilen

5. 2 Frames zurück zum Frame n-1 vor dem Anker-Frame (z.B. 2x TK "," )

6. >Teilen (Ctrl+T)

7. Copy frame n-1 (Ctrl+C)

8. Vor zum Anker Frame n (z.B. 1x TK "." )

9. Überschreiben (Ctrl+Drop) des Anker-Frames

10. >Film Modus setzen (Tastenkürzel Page-Down oder i-Maus Click auf Film im Vorschau-Fenster)

11. Fertig. Korrigierter Anker-Frame n wird im Vorschau-Fenster angezeigt.
    Ende des Makros bzw. skripts

Wie macht man so ein Makro bzw. so einen Skript?
Wie führt an so ein Makro bzw. so einen Skript aus?

Zusatzfrage: Wie macht man Ctrl+Drop? Welche Taste auf der Tastatur ist die Taste "Drop"?
Noch eine Zusatzfrage zum Tippen hier im Forum: Wie vermeidet man die vielen überflüssigen Zeilenvorschübe, u.a. in der "Numbered list"?

Vielen Dank im Voraus!
Hallo Bernd,

Ja, das Handbuch! Über SVRT enthält es auch nur was im FAQ steht. Daraus und aus meinen ersten Versuchen resultierten meine Fragen zum besseren Verständnis des SVRT. Es verhielt sich leider nicht immer so, wie es dort steht. Grüne SVRT Spur alleine garantiert u.U. nicht immer SVRT Performance. Es muss also noch andere Kriterien geben.

Was mich verblüfft ist, dass ich zum Stichwort SVRT nicht mal hier im Forum viele Treffer erhalte. Entweder verwendet es keiner oder nur ich mache etwas prinzipiell falsch! Aber auch der Dumme hat mal Glück. Nach einigen Abstürzen und Änderungen in den Benutzervoreinstellungen begann es teilweise zu funktionieren. Welche Änderung den Ausschlag gab kann ich leider nicht mehr sagen.

Ich werde mal weiter versuchen und eventuell ein eigenes Thema 'SVRT verstehen wollen', 'SVRT Tipps und Tricks' oder so ähnlich, starten. Es muss doch zweckdienliche Erfahrungen darüber geben. SVRT ist ja ein spezielles Alleinstellungsmerkmal von PowerDirector gegenüber Premiere Elements und Magix.

Ähnlich geht es mir mit dem GUI. Es muss doch möglich sein, sich eine persönliche Arbeitsumgebung über eine Sitzung hinweg zu retten. Oder einen triftigen Grund warum das ausdrücklich nicht unterstützt wird.

Nochmals zur Bereichsbegrenzung:
Den Dreieck-Schieber habe ich jetzt gefunden.
Leider fand ich noch keine Möglichkeit zur expliziten frame-genauen Eingabe und Fixierung,
z.B. Bereich von 00:10:00:00 bis 00:20:00:00
Ausser beim Anfang und Ende des Projekts liege ich beim Ziehen mit der Maus immer wenigstens 1 Frame daneben.
Wie zieht man einen größeren Bereich auf, z.b. bei einem 3-Stunden Projekt?
Bin wohl noch zu ungeschickt.

Gibt es wirklich nur die Möglichkeit das Bereichsdreieck mit der Maus zu ziehen?

vielen Dank für deine Hilfe.

Gruß Peter
Super! Vielen Dank für die schnellen und hilfreichen Antworten!

PDR13 ist ein sehr komplexes Programm mit vielen Informationsangeboten. So vielen, dass es nicht so einfach ist an die dringend benötigten zu kommen, Besonders, wenn einem nicht zufällig das richtige Stichwort "Bereichsauswahl" einfällt. Auf "Produktion auf einen Auschnitt der Zeitline begrenzen", u.ä., sowie im FAQ, hatte ich nichts passendes gefunden.

Da hätte ich noch weitere dumme Fragen: z.B.
Für meinen PDR13 Einsatz wäre SVRT sehr wichtig. Deshalb einige SVRT Fragen:
* SVRT - Welche Voreinstellungen sind notwendig bzw. welche verhindern SVRT Ausführung.
* SVRT - Intelligent SVRT hilft Ihnen das Videoprofil zu wählen, ...
Warum hilft es nicht, ein passendes Videoprofil zu erzeugen, wenn noch kein passendes vorhanden ist?
*SVRT - Warum wird das Video nicht mit SVRT verarbeitet, wenn eigentlich nur das Audio neu gerendert werden müsste? Warum wird dann auch das Video voll gerendert und nicht nur das Audio mit dem vorhandenen Video gemuxt?

* GUI Layout erhalten?
Es gibt eine Voreinstellung "Letztes Projekt beim Start automatisch laden".
Ich würde eine Voreinstellung "Letztes GUI-Layout beim Start automtisch laden" suchen.
Jetzt beginnt PDR13 immer in Fullscreen mit Standard Anordnung. Kann man das ändern? Wo? Wie?
Es kostet jedesmal viel Zeit und Mühe das GUI-Layout so herzurichten, wie ich es gerne hätte.
Das würde ich gerne abspeichern und dann bis auf Widerruf benutzen.

Vielen Dank im Voraus!

Wie kann ich bei PDR13 die Produktion auf einen Auschnitt der Zeitline begrenzen?
Geht das ohne jeweils alle anderen Teile aus der Zeitlinie zu entfernen?
Go to: