Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector 15 very slow rendering
Infosolucao [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 11, 2015 05:48 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
hi to all,

after upgrading do PD 15, rendering any project took hour's do rendering, in render preview or producting rendering. With PD 14, no problem.

My computer config:

Intel i7-4820K

64GB of Ram

GeForce GTX 660

all drives are SSD

NVidia Drivers are 372.90

any Help ?

thx in advance
Shawn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 14, 2011 17:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same issue using SVRT... Workload is reduced by less than 2%, so rendering is horribly slow. Same video in PowerDirector 14 would be reduced by around 90%+ and would fly. Also, PowerDirector 15 always picks the last SVRT saved, never suggesting a better profile when using different cameras, etc...
So glad I still have PD14 installed, as I don't have time to mess with 15. I need to see what their return policy is...
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm having the same issue using SVRT... Workload is reduced by less than 2%, so rendering is horribly slow. Same video in PowerDirector 14 would be reduced by around 90%+ and would fly. Also, PowerDirector 15 always picks the last SVRT saved, never suggesting a better profile when using different cameras, etc...
So glad I still have PD14 installed, as I don't have time to mess with 15. I need to see what their return policy is...

OP issue might be a little different, not enough info provided to really guess, SVRT, CPU, GPU encoding?

But yes, SVRT appears to have been broken in PD15 release as noted here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/49766.page#261894 which is probably contributing to your workload observation. Probably just have to wait for a proper patch to address severe released shortcoming. Unfortunately first beta release of a patch didn't appear to address this issue, http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/49888.page

Jeff
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
So much for the value of "updates" on a major operating issue. I'm beginning to sense some withdrawal from serious PD development and maintenance of the app. Win 10, i7
MPACTODAY
Newbie Location: Rochester, NY Joined: May 19, 2011 10:33 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Here is what I found. You have to do an extra step, but the improvement is great. I don't know if it reduces the quality yet though. Since Powerdirector doesn't do a good job of using .mov files, but does an exception job at MPEG II, just convert it the other file into a high quality Mpeg II file then import it into Powerdirector. If Powerdirector would do the conversion on the import that would help, but would also slow the initial step down. I am not sure what to do about those working with 4k.

I found freeware to do this and also there is a paid version.

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

You will need to convert it to 1980x 1080 video size and high for quality.

This work around has helped me tremendously. My computer is an older model, but it looks like the faster computers are having similar problems. Sorry this only helps with working with that mode not rendering.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 04. 2016 18:29

Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors ~African Proverb
MrJoshua [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2014 21:26 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Its not just PWD15 that got slow my PC With an i7 4Ghz 16 ddr3 2400 ram asus gtx 750ti oc 2gb ssd 500 for os and software use hybrids for other stuff has come to a crawl even when not using PWD15 and only happen after i upgraded and i only bought the upgrade because the trial version was lightning fast no issue with constant crashing,

Well now i feel ripped of when doing long time edits an hour or so save frequent or pay the price crashing is just as bad as with 14 but atleast 14 did not make my pc slow but after i upgraded produce takes forever crashes atleast 1 or 2 times every half hour action camera center is bugged but the worst is loading your home made dvd you made 10 years ago pwd 15 does not like vob files much extreame slow load and dont bother using scene dectection it will crash before you can say wt... just happen so yea feel ripped of

the trial pwd 15 was so good so fast no issues to talk of .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 14. 2016 17:51

Peter7 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 16, 2007 15:21 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Did you install [Beta Patch] PDR15 v2302 (see top of this thread)?
It cured SVRT. It may cure your issue. Maybe worth to try it.