Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector skipping sources in Produce
[Post New]
Hey!

I usually have several sources in my timelines, 2 at a minimum but not seldom up to 5-6. A couple of versions back I had an issue with PD skipping sources when producing a video and I just bought PD 15 and it's worse than ever. Had a project of 10 clips and this is my 5th Batch Produce and PD only managed to include all sources in 4.

Hardly ever had this issue with that in PD14. As for now, I have to revert back since I've fallen way behind in my work. Might go back in the future if anyone have a sollution. I just hope my saves from PD15 works in 14 as there is two days of work...
Peter7 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 16, 2007 15:21 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, its difficult to understand your problem. To help you some more details on your sources and on how you want to process these sources may be helpful.

More than a year ago, with PD13, Produce occasionally produced black parts (holes) in the produced output file ("did not process some sources properly").
A closer look taught me that certain clips (trimmed sources), with certain effects applied, could not get properly rendered by hardware encoding. When I selected software encoding, all was fine.
I don't know if this will work for you.
[Post New]
Quote Sorry, its difficult to understand your problem. To help you some more details on your sources and on how you want to process these sources may be helpful.

More than a year ago, with PD13, Produce occasionally produced black parts (holes) in the produced output file ("did not process some sources properly").
A closer look taught me that certain clips (trimmed sources), with certain effects applied, could not get properly rendered by hardware encoding. When I selected software encoding, all was fine.
I don't know if this will work for you.

Let's assume that my project have 4-5 timelines. Top two is a recorded gameplay, 2nd is a camera and rest is graphics. When rendering in PD 15 it very often skipped sources so that, for instance, the gameplay went black the final clip.

But it's no worries, PD15 had so many issues with memorydumps and couldn't load files that PD14 handles with ease so I asked for a refund and went back to the stable PD14.