Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Warry gives you some very good pointers. Your opening title sequence and end credit sequence should fit the rhythm of your project. If you're looking for an answer based on television shows that you've watched over the years; then I can tell you as someone who was a television director for 16 years, that an opening title sequence was typically 25 to 30 seconds, and an end credit sequence would be under 30 seconds for a 30 minute show, and under 45 seconds on a one hour show. These days, the end credit sequence is pretty much non existant due to the fact that most networks will 'squeeze and tease'. In other words, shrink the outgoing credits, and hilight the incoming show, accompanied by a voice over. Do what feels right for your project, and read aloud any captions that you put up, so that you know that your viewers have the time to read them. Good luck.laughing

Mostly I use a title to introduce YouTube videos and sometimes a "thanks for watching" ending title. I'm afraid that if the title is too long, people will click off the video. The videos are educational demos from our wood turning club. I will now just watch the title and determine the length and eventually come up with a kind-a standard for us.
Thanks for your quick reply, it really helped me.
Robert
Quote I wonder why you ask?
Titles and Credits durations are usually defined by a number of things:

• the title text should appear long enough on screen for people to read it. In former days it was recommended to read out lout the text 3 times; to set the duration. Nowadays the time of 3 reads will be considered much too long.

• the title text could appear longer for important information (like the name of the star actress)

• when animations, creative arts and/or funny sequences are used the duration of those will also define the duration

• In commercial movies credits must be shown. To give all people credit and to show copyright information etc. When shown on TV you may have noticed that credits are cut off, or shown very, very rapidly, so that no one can really read them

• There are movies with credits at the end that go one for minutes and minutes (I believe the record is over 8 minutes?)

• You no doubt have seen at the and of movie that bloppers or other shots are shown to make up for the lengthy credit part.

I guess that answer is: that is up to you. Taking the above a bit into account and considering what timing fits your production the best.

So I wonder why you ask!

thanks for you answer, very interesting and informative. Mostly I edit homemade videos for YouTube with the help of one other friend. It seems like the opening title screen is way to long when he does it. I can shorten it but was wondering it there is a standard for that...YouTube titles. the 3-times is a good starting point.
Thanks again for your time
Robert
How long should beginning and ending titles be in seconds?
Quote Hi Robert,
What have you tried?

Did you try these steps:

Step 1: Open Start menu, click Settings icon to open Settings app.
Step 2: Click System (Display, notifications, apps, power).
Step 3: Click Default apps or search for "Default" and you should see "Default app settings".
Step 4: Go down to video player, click on current default player and then select PowerDVD 18 from the list.

This works for me. Let me know if that helps.
Dave

Thanks for your quick reply.
I have tried all that but since the last update, PowerDVD isn't the Default App List. There are several apps that came from Windows and supriseingly enouth, Power Director. No Power DVD.

Robert
How do I set Power DVD as a default video player when it's not listed in the Windows 10 Default Apps

robert
Quote Hello,

Stitching is literally stitching the RAW video from your camera to a format that is readable by a player or video editor. You camera should have come with a software that will do this for you.

David

Thanks, I'll look on the camera but it's a tiny Samsung with a screen about half the size of a stamp.
Robert
I saw on YouTube the other day that you have to "stich" the 360 video BEFORE you edit it.

What does "stich" mean and what software should I use to do it?

Robert
Quote Hi Robert -

With the two videos in the timeline, butted end-to-end, just produce to your preferred format. Then you'll have a single video file.

Some cameras or FAT32 SD cards will do that.

Cheers - Tony

You know, after I posted the question I thought that would be the cure but wanted to wait for an expert answer. It becomes confusing with the file names on two cameras (same model) and that problem you just solved for me.

Thanks

Robert
I import files of an event; record time around 55 minutes. The camera has 2 files, sequentually named. The second file is a continuance of the first, like the camera stopped recording and then began again, instantly. When the two files are placed on the time line and played, there is no change in the play back when it ends the first file and begins the second.

My question: how can I put the two files together into one file? My intention is to use the Multi Cam Designer to make one video.

Robert

If the size of a photo is 1600x1600 I want to resize it to 800x800,

Load your picture(s).
Click on export...
Scroll to "Export destination".
Make your entries.
Scroll to "Image sizing".
Choose a new size.
Click button export.

Hatti

FANTASTIC! It works, thanks
Quote Either I don't understand or you don't understand.

You said: "But, how do I resize it to start with?"

What? I don't get it. PhotoDirector just gives you a view on your original picture. Since it is a view on the original picture, the view is always the size of the original picture. I don't see a way to resize the view. It seems not to be the right tool for that purpose.

Hatti

If the size of a photo is 1600x1600 I want to resize it to 800x800,
Quote PhotoDirector does not "load" the picture in a way, that other programs do. The changes that you make to a picture are stored in a database, but not witth the picture itself. To apply changes to the picture, you have to export it. And there you can change the export size.
You can verify this, if you make changes to a picture within PhotoDirector, but you do not export it. Exit PhotoDirector and have a look at the picture in the folder. It is the unchanged picture. Start PhotoDirector again and see the picture. It appeares changed as you did before. You can export the picture with the changes but have the original picture unchanged.

Hatti

Thanks for your reply. So I have to export the resized image in order to have the smaller image saved. Understandable. But, how do I resize it to start with?
Robert
I'm brand new with PhotoDirector and can't find where I can re-size a photo down to 800x800. I couldn't find it even searching for "resize" in the Help section, so I thought maybe you guys can stear me in the right direction.

Robert
Quote The audio would still be there after you highlight and remove part of the video section. This was common years ago when people made J and L cuts with their video editors.

But if the video snaps to the left won't the audio not be sync'd from then on?
Is there a way to delete a portion of a clip but keep the audio?
I think first unlink the two but what happens to the audio after the video portion delete?

Robert
Is there a way to make sure all gaps are gone all at one time? In Premiere there is a "ripple" command or something like that.
Go to: