Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Two files imported from camera
rschoenert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2016 18:10 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I import files of an event; record time around 55 minutes. The camera has 2 files, sequentually named. The second file is a continuance of the first, like the camera stopped recording and then began again, instantly. When the two files are placed on the time line and played, there is no change in the play back when it ends the first file and begins the second.

My question: how can I put the two files together into one file? My intention is to use the Multi Cam Designer to make one video.

Robert

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 04. 2018 16:25

Robert
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert -

With the two videos in the timeline, butted end-to-end, just produce to your preferred format. Then you'll have a single video file.

Some cameras or FAT32 SD cards will do that.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
rschoenert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2016 18:10 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Robert -

With the two videos in the timeline, butted end-to-end, just produce to your preferred format. Then you'll have a single video file.

Some cameras or FAT32 SD cards will do that.

Cheers - Tony

You know, after I posted the question I thought that would be the cure but wanted to wait for an expert answer. It becomes confusing with the file names on two cameras (same model) and that problem you just solved for me.

Thanks

Robert Robert
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My question: how can I put the two files together into one file? My intention is to use the Multi Cam Designer to make one video.

You stated that the videos of the two camera were recorded sequentially. Multicam requires you to record the videos concurrently with the two cameras.