Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Gaps between video clips
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've been working on my vacation video and have many clips in my timeline, but there is gap in the middle of two clips right in the middle of my project. Is there something that can nudge ALL video clips in the timeline together so I get a smooth transition during playback? I have many clips to the right of this, and it is painstaking time consuming to individually move and each clip one by one manually. The INSERT and MOVE ALL CLIPS is only available when I OVERWRITE the previous clip, but I end up getting more gaps to the right.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is there something that can nudge ALL video clips in the timeline together so I get a smooth transition during playback? I have many clips to the right of this, and it is painstaking time consuming to individually move and each clip one by one manually.

Try this: Click to highlight the first clip that is to the right of that gap. Scroll to the right, hold down the Shift key and click on the last clip to highlight all those clips. Scroll back to the first highlighted clip. Click and drag to the left to close that gap and release the mouse button.

Let us know if you successfully closed that gap with the above operation.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, it worked! Thanks for your help! smile
[Post New]
There are two simple ways to get rid of gaps between clips.
Method 1) Switch to storyboard mode for the timeline and you will see a black square where the gap is. Select this square and press the Delete key. Gone!
Method 2) In the timeline view of the timeline, click on the track in the empty space betwee the two clips. The space will be highlighted. Now press the Delete key. Gone!

Try making a simple project and deliberately putting a gap betwee two clips to try this out.

Oops, I just tried out Method 1) in PD14 and it doesn't work. I used to do this in earlier versions of PD, but it seems to have changed. Method 2 still works though.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 27. 2015 21:16

Scott Hendry
www.scotthendry.com
YouTube username TheCscottHendry
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Scott. Method 2 worked too!
rschoenert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2016 18:10 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to make sure all gaps are gone all at one time? In Premiere there is a "ripple" command or something like that. Robert