Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"stiching" 360 videos before editing
rschoenert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2016 18:10 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I saw on YouTube the other day that you have to "stich" the 360 video BEFORE you edit it.

What does "stich" mean and what software should I use to do it?

Robert Robert
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Stitching is literally stitching the RAW video from your camera to a format that is readable by a player or video editor. Your camera should have come with a software that will do this for you.

David

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 19. 2018 20:36

rschoenert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2016 18:10 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Stitching is literally stitching the RAW video from your camera to a format that is readable by a player or video editor. You camera should have come with a software that will do this for you.

David

Thanks, I'll look on the camera but it's a tiny Samsung with a screen about half the size of a stamp.
Robert Robert
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks, I'll look on the camera but it's a tiny Samsung with a screen about half the size of a stamp.
Robert

It always help if you give more detail regarding the camera (and your computer).

For instance I have a Samsung Gear 360 camera (older) that looks like a undersized pool cue ball with a tripod underneath. It has no screen except for a small one that allows you to select your options. It is not full 4K and cost just about $150 US. The newere ones are 4K, have a white base and cost around $250.

Go here for tutorials on 360 video..

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 19. 2018 10:23

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert,

To be clear, the software is installed on your computer, where you stitch the videos for playback and editing. This is not done on the camera.

As Steve mentioned, Samsung Gear 360 uses a special version of ActionDirector to do this, so it should of come with your camera if that is what you have. If not, check with Samsung.

David
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
And to what is stitching:

A consumer 360° camera has two fisheye lenses at both sides of the camera. They make pictures with two round pictures side by side. Thats nice, but not 360°. What is needed, is an "equirectangular" picture. That must be calculated. The both round pictures are "stitched" together.
I have a samsung gear 360 (2016) as described by stevec. There is a special "Gear 360 Actiondirector" in the package. The Cyberlink ActionDirector or PowerDirector is NOT able to stitch 360° pictures/clips. So you need the software by Samsung.

Hatti
[Thumb - 360_0073.jpg]
 Filename
360_0073.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
360 unstitched
 Filesize
881 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - 360_0073_Stitch_YHC.jpg]
 Filename
360_0073_Stitch_YHC.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
360 stitched (equirectangular)
 Filesize
906 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 20. 2018 11:57

Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080