Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD as default
rschoenert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2016 18:10 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
How do I set Power DVD as a default video player when it's not listed in the Windows 10 Default Apps

robert
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert,
What have you tried?

Did you try these steps:

Step 1: Open Start menu, click Settings icon to open Settings app.
Step 2: Click System (Display, notifications, apps, power).
Step 3: Click Default apps or search for "Default" and you should see "Default app settings".
Step 4: Go down to video player, click on current default player and then select PowerDVD 18 from the list.

This works for me. Let me know if that helps.
Dave
rschoenert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2016 18:10 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Robert,
What have you tried?

Did you try these steps:

Step 1: Open Start menu, click Settings icon to open Settings app.
Step 2: Click System (Display, notifications, apps, power).
Step 3: Click Default apps or search for "Default" and you should see "Default app settings".
Step 4: Go down to video player, click on current default player and then select PowerDVD 18 from the list.

This works for me. Let me know if that helps.
Dave

Thanks for your quick reply.
I have tried all that but since the last update, PowerDVD isn't the Default App List. There are several apps that came from Windows and supriseingly enouth, Power Director. No Power DVD.

Robert
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert,

I realized I had not updated to the latest version of PowerDVD, but after updating I can still select PowerDVD 18 as my default player.

Did you update from a previous version, or did you buy PowerDVD 18 version on it's own? I remember there was an issue previously that the update version was not showing up as a default player. If yes to update version, best to contact technical support:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Dave