CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I had problem with “gif” file that repeated a few times in the timeline worked ok, after producing the video only the first “gif” had animation.
My solution was to create an “mp4” video with the 5 “gif” sequence using a green background, then replace it on the timeline and apply Chroma Key on the green background, in my case it worked.
Assuming this, I renamed his “gif” to “mp4” resolved, but the quality was even worse than the downloaded “gif”.
Quote I recently started shooting with a Hero 10 that uses HVEC compression. My prior Hero7 used h.264. I always shoot 1080 video at 60 fps. The bit rate for the h.264 files is 40000 and the bitrates for the HVEC files are nominally 44000, but they vary slightly. SVRT analysis of my h.264 video give me a usable profile that requires no rendering and results in super fast renders and no loss in quality. But the SVRT for the HVEC video is not usable and the renders produced by the profile analyer (custom profile of 1920x1080, 59.94 fps and a 44400 rate are excuciatingly slow and are lower quality than the original. I upgraded from PD15 to PD21 thinking that would fix the problem, but it did not. In fact, PD15 renders my HVEC files faster, although no better.

I'm no expert in video compression and I'm beginning to suspect that his might have something to do with variable frame rates. If so, is it possible to get lossless renders with HVEC in PowerDirector? Any thoughts on what, if anything, I might be doing wrong?

I checked SVRT here, I used your video clip, on the timeline it didn't turn green (svrt disabled)
I advanced to Produce; / Profile Analyzer / Save Profile see screenshot
Did not enable SVRT
So Edit Profile
Level type, I checked “High”
SVRT active, works
But encountering a simple FADE transition turns off SVRT until the end
This happens here with any video that turns on SVRT.
My old PC started calling HA for HVEC only after I started using Windows 10, now I use Windows 11 Using the same video card. Radeon RX570

I doubt your performance test is relevant at all for picture quality metrics. Most flash drives easily support 100+MB/sec read rates in any formatted configuration. Often these TV's or attached devices only support USB2.0 so may be limited to at best 60MB/sec while some do offer a USB3.0 port. But, most video put on a device for viewing is probably no more than a 40-60Mbps range, or only 5-7.5MB/sec read rate, massively lower than the read capably variation of any formatted configuration.

Simply choose format based on device capability.

Jeff

Yes you are right, I meant the speed test, read/write, using USB3 pen drive ex.FAT it was faster about 7% I was thinking about files larger than 4Gb. FAT32 default limit.
I continue to give preference to the NTFS standard.
But there are cases where the equipment only recognizes FAT32 and in this case I will have to split a file larger than 4GB.

Same suggestion as here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/118151.page#444607

Another option is to produce your final copy when done editing, bring back into PD and edit the continuous audio clip to increase treble and produce again using SVRT. In this case the video won't be reencoded, audio is always reencoded anyway.

Jeff

Another option after finishing editing, Produce only the audio, this will appear in the library, add this to replace all, if you prefer to remova or silence.
Now open the audio editor and make the adjustments.
You can format one of your usb flash drives from Fat 32 to NTFS as a test. I find that they are accepted both in my Sony BD player and my LG TV. Don’t recall seeing it in the manufacturer documentation.

Sony BD reader, accepts Pen drive, NTFS and FAT32
Old Sony 3D TV, only accepts FAT32
TV BOX H96 supports FAT32, NTFS
In the tests with CrystalDiskMark 8.0 the ex.FAT had the best performance, but it has compatibility problem.
Quote Try unchecking this box:

If that doesn't help, can you share a clip here so other people can test it on their systems?

OPTODATA

Thank you very much for trying to help.
I did more tests with a short video to show here, I didn't notice the problem.
I produced the pre-ready video with photos again, using SVRT and the problem does not appear on the PC, I recorded it on the pen drive, took it to the Blu-ray player and it gave the color variation, I suspect that the problem is the blu-ray player.
However, I redid the project, I used Incert Projct... to add the photos, it produced normal, it reproduced perfectly on the blu-ray player, “go figure”
I used default profile fullhd 40Mb. Also the customized 18MB,
Yes, I stuck the pen-drive in the TV, it gave audio, not video (mp4) the tv is getting old, it only accepts a Fat 32 pen-drive and not any format, especially with a high bit rate.
Image degradation problems with the use of SVRT, for videos produced in the PD itself.
I had to reshoot a long video to change just one song, I was happy that it activated SVRT and it was fast similar to copying the file which is expected will not change anything, it changed and much for the worse it degraded the sharpness, the color was saturated and varying, unacceptable result.
I did many tests to confirm the question.
SVRT works for videos produced in Proshow Producer, using similar profile.
Has anyone had this problem and have a solution.
Thanks.
Quote Hello everyone. I'm writing this as a helpful FYI with a solution that I found worked like a charm and is also very simple. This is about the error message:
"Production unsuccessful. Please ensure your graphics card driver is up to date...." and then mentions having the most recent versions of Windows Media Player and also QuickTime.

I always create my profiles to produce video from some PD native closest to what I need.
For example, I produce videos with a low bit rate that PD does not allow me to do.
So I create a profile in PD and then I edit it always respecting some parameters, aspect ratio.
Path to the Profile.ini file that contains personal profiles.
In file explorer, view hidden items,
C:\Users\pcname\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\21.0
Open with Notepad++ for ease
For safety I always make a copy of the “Profile.ini” file to keep in case I lose something.
After editing, save with the same name, Profile.ini
I might suggest you do the video trimming before adding to the timeline.
There's no guarantee this fixes it, it could be something different.
In the media library, right click on the desired file and select, Precut Tool
Select the part you are going to add to the project by the yellow side beams, OK
Now drag the same file that was cut into position on the timeline.
If that still doesn't work, try taking a screenshot or a video showing what happens.
Remembering that here we are voluntary users.
For official help on PD click query icon "?" and choose Online Support Website and follow.

This link
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

OK. Thanks.
I did try dragging the clip instead of copy/paste. The clip was visible on Track 1 as long as Track 3 was visible. But when I locked Track 3 it again went blank. I assumed that when I completely delete track 3 it would remain blank, so that was not a solution.

I'm curious. When dragging you say "release mous first and then the D Key" -why would I have the D Key pressed? What I do is just select and drag. If I have to press the D key before, please let me know. Thanks.

My launch teacher Jeff Walker says that for every problem there is a solution and for every solution there is a problem. I subscribed because I needed to do better/longer videos. That was a solution. But I've been encountering several problems to that solution, and they are taking the same time and trouble as the old problems!! LOL!!

Thanks again,
MM

I fixed my glitch the use of the D key is for when to copy, if you just want to change places, just drag.
I don't understand, (padlock) block track 3, that only locks the track, it can't do anything.
The (eye) turns off the track and what's on it disappears.
At the moment I can't take screenshots and I'm not sure they will tell the story. Let me see if I can be more clear, but I thought I was doing something totally basic in editing. Now I'm wondering.

[oSo basically I'm cutting video clips I made in my computer and adding them together to create a final video. How would you do this in an easier way? That may help me, (if there is an easier way.)

Thanks,
MM

Seems to me you're doing the right thing.
But there are other ways to do the same.
1 - Select and drag the part of the video to the new location, keeping the D key pressed, release the mouse first and then the D key
Note that in PD the tracks below overlap the ones above, unlike most editors, but it can be
Set it the other way around if you like.

Settings / Preferences / Editing / Reverse timeline track order...
Quote In the latest update 21.1.2401.0, Replace option is not working.

I've checked this on my two laptops.

Someone pls immediately inform to Power Director team.

I checked here and it really doesn't work, Replace over color board.

Works for color, board over image or video.
Quote Is there a way of making a video borders circular outside of the regular square/rectangle format?

One way to do this is to use a mask in front of the video. That's what came to mind now.
It happened to me like this, normally saved project files and also the autosave changed the name extension, so they were shown as a strange document, not as “project name.pds
After almost losing my project in progress with hours of work, I found the cause, it was just renaming the extension of the names of the last saves.
“Not sure” fink to me it had a quick PD update. did not change the version that solved the problem.
Quote I used the Cyberlink Application Manager to update Powerdirector365. Afterwards my save files are empty. I went to the autosave to try and reopen from there, and those were also blank.

I'm now missing 10+ hours worth of work with no idea how to recover in this situation.

I don't know if it has anything to do with the case.
After the last or previous PD365/21 update
Saved project, changed the name extension as I only went back to the project the next day, I was confused and lost a lot of time until I discovered the error.
First I tried to open the auto save projects I also had the same error, I don't remember the extension, of the file, in notepad, something meaningless.
Just change the extension to “name”. PDS and it was
sorted out.
It happened again later but I already knew where to fix it.
I'm not sure but it seemed to me that there was an update that didn't change version 365 v: 21.0.2214.0.
The fact is that it is normal now, but very slowly, it takes time to load the material and when changing the media room etc...
After the last update, PD20 was extremely slow to load materials in any room, it is possible to count each item being loaded and as there are hundreds it takes a long time.

August Update, material does not appear for download, in the transition room, Spring Stickers
someone went through this

Obs: “ The PC Subscription, unfortunately does not support tools that use AI”
Quote Hi all,

Hopefully a simple question - I have the latest version of PowerDirector for Mac.

Reading through the manual it suggests that it should be possible to, on a single timeline, overlap two colour boards and apply a crossfade. I don't get this option, it just overwrites the existing colour board.

Any suggestions, please?

Cheers,

Mike

Normally overlay the image over the other and you are offered options including Crossfade.
You can also add a "Fade" transition at the junction of the 2 images, being able to choose between; Cross or Overlap
It's always been that way on Windows.
Moderator said it all.
If you can change the mode transition, Overlap change to for Cross before applying, solves your case.
Quote Funcionei bem com a versão 20.
Tive que mudar para 365.
Desde então, o programa não quer mais iniciar.

Como posso voltar para a versão 20 ou como esse problema de inicialização pode ser resolvido.

The PD20 version is lifetime if you haven't uninstalled it should be present, otherwise install it again, I assume you have saved the files you downloaded when you bought it.
When the 365 version is purchased, use the official Cyberlink support, “My Status” option https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

please see the screenshots.

i apply transition and audio fade in/out for each clips one by one.

this approach is precisely but, needs more work time.

i want to know, is there any approach for my situation like batch process?

best regards.

I see that you apply the fade in/or directly to the audio line, you might find it more practical to drag the “Fade” audio transition to the beginning and end of each clip
If you use the transition in overlay mode you can apply it to all clips for audio and video in the selected track.
Go to: