Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Same photo file name is able to import into the project library in the PowerDirector365
AngTC88 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2021 01:45 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I think most of the people had this problem, first I import my Sony photo files into the library then I did my son Sony photo files into the library , both have the same DSCXXXXX files name , once inside the library the same file name overlay each others and I am unable to select the photo I wanted. Is it possible for the developer to detect this in the program to mention there is a same files name imported before
AngTC88 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2021 01:45 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi I would like to insert the image here to explain the problem easier
[Thumb - testing.jpg]
 Filename
testing.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
same file name overlap
 Filesize
145 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
14 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 04. 2023 11:06

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I think most of the people had this problem, first I import my Sony photo files into the library then I did my son Sony photo files into the library , both have the same DSCXXXXX files name , once inside the library the same file name overlay each others and I am unable to select the photo I wanted. Is it possible for the developer to detect this in the program to mention there is a same files name imported before

It appears to be another software error.
My suggestion to get around this is to add the photos directly to the timeline.
This way you can add the same photo or with the same name as many times as you want.

Drag and drop to the video track.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 04. 2023 18:17

Stoneware [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 19, 2021 19:04 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I think most of the people had this problem, first I import my Sony photo files into the library then I did my son Sony photo files into the library , both have the same DSCXXXXX files name , once inside the library the same file name overlay each others and I am unable to select the photo I wanted. Is it possible for the developer to detect this in the program to mention there is a same files name imported before

You might be able to change the prefix on your files in you Sony settings so you never overlap.