Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unwanted media files in "My Media" folder (in Library window)
colladom77 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 27, 2020 09:22 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hello everyone,

Another issue with PD 2024. In the library window there are music clips that I don’t want there. I just want the media that I’m using on my project and yet, I can't figure out how to get rid of them. I don't mind having them as I use them frequently, but I want then in my "Downloads" folder, not My Media. See attached image for details.

Thanks
[Thumb - Unwanted Media.JPG]
 Filename
Unwanted Media.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Previously downloaded music tracks in My Media folder
 Filesize
59 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 26. 2023 09:02

Stoneware [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 19, 2021 19:04 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello everyone,

Another issue with PD 2024. In the library window there are music clips that I don’t want there. I just want the media that I’m using on my project and yet, I can't figure out how to get rid of them. I don't mind having them as I use them frequently, but I want then in my "Downloads" folder, not My Media. See attached image for details.

Thanks

Click one of the files. Then Right Mouse Button click. Depending on where you are, you might have to "open file location" or "properties" to find the path. To delete the files, or move them, you will probably have to close PD, then delete/move. Then start PD again.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello everyone,

Thanks

To remove songs left in the library, I right-click and select Remove.
Only works for songs added by us;
The songs used in the project do not remain in the library after the PD closes.
I'm sorry if I didn't understand your problem well.
colladom77 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 27, 2020 09:22 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]

To remove songs left in the library, I right-click and select Remove.
Only works for songs added by us;
The songs used in the project do not remain in the library after the PD closes.
I'm sorry if I didn't understand your problem well.

Thank you. I had to click "Remove from Disk". I think I may need to download again whenever I use them.