Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hello everyone,

Another issue with PD 2024. In the library window there are music clips that I don’t want there. I just want the media that I’m using on my project and yet, I can't figure out how to get rid of them. I don't mind having them as I use them frequently, but I want then in my "Downloads" folder, not My Media. See attached image for details.

Thanks

To remove songs left in the library, I right-click and select Remove.
Only works for songs added by us;
The songs used in the project do not remain in the library after the PD closes.
I'm sorry if I didn't understand your problem well.
Quote Hi
I try to download free Template for transitions, it had downloaded but unable find in the Transition Download folder. But when I open up C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded Transitions it was there, but no where to find the download file dztr.file inPowerDirector 365

I checked here and the transition does not actually appear in any tag.
The way is to put the name of the transition in the search box that will be displayed, now you can add it to the My Favorites folder by clicking on the heart.
Option, button [ + ] Add a new tag “name”
Right-click the transition and select Add to custom tag. "name"

Let's hope this and other flaws are fixed in time.
Quote With the new UI, I altered a motion graphic title - But no idea how to save the title for reuse.

Also lost a heap of saved stuff when it upgraded.

Here it is working see the attached image

Thank you having the time to reply 🙏

I've tried that, but that only copies color does not copy other edits made to one clip and to be addded to all of a time line lane,
for ex: HDR

Apply to all was awesome!

How can i roll back to previous version ? V2024 is very young and I can see the problems around,
I'll migrate when it matures.

Thank you very much

Kind regards

RuiFigueiredo1971
You're right, Copy/Paste doesn't work for multiple filters, although clicking the icon lists them all.
I tried to go back to the previous Win restore point, PD update, problem I couldn't open Windows after logging in, black screen.
Using another SSD with the same Win from 2 months ago, I found that AM before updating only has the option to update, but I can enter directly through the shortcut to PowerDirector.
Quote Thanks for reading

Kind regards

The Apply to all button has been removed.
The way is to click on the Color icon, added to the video, right click and select, Copy Keiframe Attributes, Select other videos, right click and select, Paste Keiframe Attributes

And what we have at the moment.

Yes these folders exist and they contain several parts of my old templates as png files.But how do I get the original animated titles back into Power Director?

Thanks for your support
Dieter

I don't know exactly how to do it, if it's the first time it's happened, restarting the PC might fix it, if the error continues, I would try to reinstall PD22.
Quote Ich habe mir in älteren Projekten bereits einen benutzerdefinierten Abspann kreiert und immer wieder verwendet. Bei der neuesten PowerDirector Version finde ich diese Benutzer definierten Text Vorlagen nicht mehr bzw meine alten Vorlagen sind alle verschwunden. Wie kommeich wieder an meine alten Vorlagen???

Check Titles, My Content, Custom

If there is nothing, check if the folders referring to previous versions of PD exist.
Path, C:\Users\”your pc name”\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\
It should show folders from 22.0 and earlier PD versions.
Quote Hello,

I clicked on My Projects to look at some past projects.

For some projects, some of the assets were deleted.

PD now hangs on this screen (see image)

There is not way to exit. So I have to kill the task and relaunch.

But how do I see the rest of the projects that have assets?

Thanks,

Veep0

If I understand correctly, on the PD home screen, resting the mouse on the project icon, it shows the path to where you saved it.

If you want to access the “autosave” projects.
Edit menu, Preferences, Project, Browse, shows the default folder or another.
Quote Hello.

SInce I updated to the latest version of PowerDirector the program keeps crashing during editing. I can be completing the simplest task (moving the playhead, splitting a clip, copying /pasting keyframe attributes, etc.) and the program crashes.

I am editing the same H.264 .mov files that I have been editing with previous versions of PowerDirector. There are no effects, masks, etc, I only have simple splits on 8 tracks tracks with two crossfades (created by overlapping clips). I have to save the project after every edit to make sure I don't lose progress. Making a simple 8 minute video is taking a very long time.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

CyberLInk PowrerDirector 365
Release 2024
Version Type: 365
Version: 22.0.2107.0

DxDiag Txt file is attached.

If you can share your project so some of us can test it on our PC, maybe we can help find the problem.
In this case, you would have to package your project and share it in Pack Project Materials and Upload to Cyberlink Cloud...
Better if you can shorten it and still have the problem.
For some video filters, the enable/disable box was removed, this is terrible, we can't compare, with and without effect.
The Apply to all button has been removed.
The way is to click on the Color icon, added to the video, right click and select, Copy Keiframe Attributes, Select other videos, right click and select, Paste Keiframe Attributes

It works for one video at a time, not for several selected videos.
Quote I produced a 3 minute slide show with 20 or so Video Collages of images and videos with text titles for each one on track 2. (See Screenshot 2) I then tried to add some background music ("After All" in the Pop section) that was around 1 minute 30 seconds long to track 3, and I used the "Smart fit for duration" tool to make the audio fit the slide show. (See Screenshot 3) Instead, it pushed most of the slideshow items ahead one and a half minutes. (See screenshot 4). I tried another short 1.5 minute titles with the same result, but when I tried to add a 3 minute audio file without using "smart fit", it worked fine. Is there a bug here, or am I doing something wrong?

I checked here and it worked for me, in both cases the music reduces and increases the tempo.
I used videos and mp3 music
Also with photos, directly on the timeline,

Using the slide creator and adding, copying and pasting several to the timeline, he did what is shown in photo 3, he opened a gap between 1 and the other slides.
I don't know if it's always been like this, I haven't used this tool in a while.
Worked for 1 slide

I cannot find the Motion Tracker. And the adjustable controls for the fade-in, fade-our section do not appear in the timeline, or in the editing box.

Very frustrating.

Right click on the video clip, in the menu that appears, Edit Video, Motion Tracker
Open the tool

Opacity line appears removed from easy timeline adjustment and view as you note, it appears only control is in the menus

Edge Enhancement is now part of "Color", click Edit above timeline and then Keyframes tab and look in the Color Adjustment area or click Keyframes above timeline and look in the Color Adjustment area. However, once applied, if you select it in the timeline for a easy edit of settings, the proper area is not brought up so one needs to fish through the menus again.

Jeff

Thank you JL JL

I found Edge Enhancement.
Apply all, button still searching.
Updated PD365, in addition to increasing the number of clicks to access tools, I think some have been removed in video editing.
1 – Opacity line in video clips, photos, etc.

2 – Video filter, “Edge Enhancement

3 - “Apply to all” button

4 - Quick view button (>>) Now (Ctrl + F)
They will be greatly missed at my work.
Am I mistaken or is that just it?

In the absence of the Apply All button, we can use Copy / Paste Attributes, it works for one video at a time, not for several selected videos.

Thanks for your info
Although the AM tells me to install Content Pack Essential I see the pack in the place as indicated.
I deleted the map with submaps and installed it again (AM says installed). The pack is again present in the place as indicated (datestamp 21/7)
When I start PD without a project AM tells me again to install the Pack, strange but probably the packcontens can be used.

Because one of these days a new version of PD becomes available and perhapps the strange effect has gone

Koen

Out of curiosity, I opened AM to check something similar to your case, Holiday Pack vol. 9 asks to install, but it is installed and appears in the media libraries, it has been like this for some time.

AM disappeared after updating Windows 11Pro just now.
Quote Every time I install a Power Director content pack via the Application Manager it is gone the next time I start PD. Is this because I installed an older one and if yes which Contact Pack is the most recent one. there is no date stamp.

If the packages appear installed in the application manager, you can check the installation location.
On this path, "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Essential\"
Quote Lets say i have a video 60min i have edited in alot of small pieces with sounds, music and text. If i want to add something lets say 5min into the video how can i move everything after 5min to the right and add new stuff in the space between? Is it possible to move all tracks from 5min in one move?

The way I do it, if there is a coincidence between the videos at the 5 minute position, place the cursor on the clip on the right and click on Stop so that it is exactly in that position, drag a new video to this junction, in the menu that appears I select the insert and move all clips option.
Quote Why do the saved titles dissapear??

You can check if the title is saved in the folder by following this path.
"C:\Users\"Your PC"\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\21.0\MyTitles\Title_xxx"
Quote When you apply effects, you can select an "area of application". If you need to blur only one line, then transform the effect line to an acceptable area and that's it.
sorry for my eng

FX library, drag the Blur effect over the video or part that was divided, it will be applied to the whole image, you can resize it directly in the preview until it covers only the desired line.
For further adjustments click effect button.
Quote Yes, but wouldnt it be easier to be able to click in the files you want to export and then click export? You solved one question for me. Is there a way to create another workspace to be able to edit within the project?

I think PD doesn't do exactly what it showed.
But there are other ways that might help you.
To just crop videos before adding to timeline.
With the video in the library, right-click and select Precut Tool.
You can also use a space usually on the right of the timeline, to make pre-edits, then Copy/Paste, drag it to your main project or export to video, selecting with a yellow cursor and the Export Ramge button.

To Copy, several things at once, select with the yellow cursor, the Copy button, or the Ctrl + C keys together, take the cursor to the position you want to add and click the Ctrl + V keys together, or the Paste button, that's all appears when you are in a clear area on the timeline.
The material will be entered from the cursor position.
To fill the gap you have several options.
One that I would try to lengthen the audio, holding the “Ctrl” key, click on the edge of the audio and drag until closing the gap, this makes the audio slow if it is little, the effect may not be noticed.
More technical option uses Smart fit to duration tool, see image
As for removing the voice if you have AudioDirector I would try it.
There is the Moises app that does this online in free mode.
=============
For only, Copy/Paste, part of the audio
Split at the beginning and end of the part you want to use, use the “S” key (Preferably with time to spare).
Holding down the “D” key, drag the chosen part to the track below.
Unlink audio, right click Link/Unlink Video and Audio
Drag the audio into the gap and select from the menu that opens, Trim to Fit.
Go to: