Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transitions
DanH84 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 01, 2023 09:50 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Why is it that when I'm adding a transition between two clips (I'm making a highlight video) one of the clips are paused before transitioning into the next clip? I would like for both of the clips to actually be playing and not one of them to be paused before going into the next one.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Why is it that when I'm adding a transition between two clips (I'm making a highlight video) one of the clips are paused before transitioning into the next clip? I would like for both of the clips to actually be playing and not one of them to be paused before going into the next one.

Maybe what you want is an overlap transition. Right mouse click on transition, Modify change to Overlap.

Jeff
DanH84 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 01, 2023 09:50 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I tried overlap and that pulls all of the clips to the left. I have them matched up with music so I don't want for that to happen lol. I have made hundreds of highlight videos before using PD and I have no clue why this is doing this now.

Maybe what you want is an overlap transition. Right mouse click on transition, Modify change to Overlap.

Jeff
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I tried overlap and that pulls all of the clips to the left. I have them matched up with music so I don't want for that to happen lol. I have made hundreds of highlight videos before using PD and I have no clue why this is doing this now.

Yes, that's what overlap would do, but did it correct your pause issue?

I tried a couple of cross transitions between PD21 and PD22, I didn't see a difference in pause behavior. Can you post exactly what transition has the change in behavior you note.

Jeff
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Why is it that when I'm adding a transition between two clips (I'm making a highlight video) one of the clips are paused before transitioning into the next clip? I would like for both of the clips to actually be playing and not one of them to be paused before going into the next one.

I always prefer to use transitions in overlap mode, however there are some that even in crossfade mode do not interfere or this pause effect is not noticed.
I also tend to leave the music until the end of the video and photo editing.
Check if the default mode is the way you prefer.
See the screenshot.
[Thumb - config trans.jpg]
 Filename
config trans.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
132 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)