Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where is the audio meter bar on the PD 12?? Also missing the tab to add images in the title!
victormoises321654 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 20, 2012 01:16 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
I updated to the latest version 2024 but there is no bar to monitor the audio level, and in the titles tab there is no longer an option to add an image, will they correct these for minors as it is very bad to edit without knowing how many db the audio is, and In the titles tab, you can no longer create a title by inserting an image.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I updated to the latest version 2024 but there is no bar to monitor the audio level, and in the titles tab there is no longer an option to add an image, will they correct these for minors as it is very bad to edit without knowing how many db the audio is, and In the titles tab, you can no longer create a title by inserting an image.

You might see if the "Advanced" tab for your particular Title has insert image if that's what you are looking for.

For db meters, in the "View" menu on top, you probably have to select to preview volume meters if not checked.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD24_Title_InsertImage.png]
 Filename
PD24_Title_InsertImage.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
358 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
[Post New]

You might see if the "Advanced" tab for your particular Title has insert image if that's what you are looking for.

For db meters, in the "View" menu on top, you probably have to select to preview volume meters if not checked.

Jeff
Yes, it didn't appear here because I was using a preset from a title pack, the ready-made packs have no way to insert images, thank you. Now about the bar for monitoring audio Dbs, will it not come as it is sorely missed?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Now about the bar for monitoring audio Dbs, will it not come as it is sorely missed?

You never indicated, is it properly checked in the "View" menu as suggested?

Jeff
[Post New]

You never indicated, is it properly checked in the "View" menu as suggested?

Jeff
Yes, I know it's in the view menu but this audio bar doesn't show how many db of volume the audio is at, this makes it very bad, especially editing conversations recorded with a microphone as there are people who speak softer and there's no way to monitor how much db is the audio. Hugs and thanks, I hope the Cyberlink people look at this with care.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Yes, I know it's in the view menu but this audio bar doesn't show how many db of volume the audio is at, this makes it very bad, especially editing conversations recorded with a microphone as there are people who speak softer and there's no way to monitor how much db is the audio. Hugs and thanks, I hope the Cyberlink people look at this with care.

I understand now, there is a big difference asking "Where is the audio meter bar" and what are the numerical db levels. This old post still valid and all there is as a guesstimate in the PD22 GUI interface without using AudioEditor or AudioDirector, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82078.page#post_box_337845

You can also open the Audio Mixer and look at the meters there during playback which support over range lock indication too.

You might also try the normalize feature with your different voice recordings to level them up prior to additional editing.

Jeff
[Post New]

I understand now, there is a big difference asking "Where is the audio meter bar" and what are the numerical db levels. This old post still valid and all there is as a guesstimate in the PD22 GUI interface without using AudioEditor or AudioDirector, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82078.page#post_box_337845

You can also open the Audio Mixer and look at the meters there during playback which support over range lock indication too.

You might also try the normalize feature with your different voice recordings to level them up prior to additional editing.

Jeff
In this matter, other programs such as Adobe Premiere and several others, citing only as an example, are much more practical, with no additional need to open another tab or another program, allowing you to do everything by following the timeline without any tab open to cyberlink, programmers could look at this and with affection as it would really help editors.
paulsw212 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2023 19:21 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
I think the OP is asking 'What happened to the Audio Mixing Room which presented audio meters for Voice, Music and multiple Audio Streams?' And yes, it has gone to be replaced by a generic and simplified 'Audio' tab in the Editing menu.

I think I now understand what's happened to the UI in PD24 - all the controls have been simplified, dumbed-down and moved into Editing. This represents a huge loss of functionality for even moderately advanced users!

Paul
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I think the OP is asking 'What happened to the Audio Mixing Room which presented audio meters for Voice, Music and multiple Audio Streams?' And yes, it has gone to be replaced by a generic and simplified 'Audio' tab in the Editing menu.

Hello,

The audio mixing room is still available. The button was moved to the function buttons above the timeline:

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/2024/win/enu/16_01_00_adjusting_audio_clip_volume_levels.html

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
David62277 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 15, 2021 12:44 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]

Hello,

The audio mixing room is still available. The button was moved to the function buttons above the timeline:

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/2024/win/enu/16_01_00_adjusting_audio_clip_volume_levels.html

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

The audio mixing room is there but the controls have been dumbed down to the point I can't use them. I used to be able to adjust audio at exact points, now I can't accurately. Then normalization doesn't work the same, there used to be a horizontal bar for adjusting the normalized audio, then you could use the vertical bar to adjust a point... now there is just the vertical bar which is acting like the horizontal used to so I can't adjust a point in time accurately after normalization.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
I suggest that you also write this as a request to CL directly, via the 'Rate and suggestions' in PD. The more they hear these noises and requests and complaints, the higher the chance that something eventually will happen.
paulsw212 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2023 19:21 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]

Hello,

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks for this, I hadn't spotted it! To me it looks very similar to the old version, though I take the point from the prevous poster: as far as I can see, the controls now act on every clip in the timeline rather than at a point within a clip. OK if you want to do a general adjustment, but not much use if you want to do fine tuning within a clip.

Paul
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
PD22 Audio Considerations
Play runs smoother and doesn't stumble during transitions.
It's better, fad in/out, now it applies at the beginning and end of the clip.
Adjust to the clip in the timeline, continue as before, (Holding the Ctrl key to create points) adjusting directly over them in the timeline.
Option, Keyframes/Volume button, for more precise adjustments.
Normalize continues as before, unlike normalize which takes any audio to a standard volume, in PD the average volume between clips in the selected track.
Visualization doesn't bother me if I need to visualize the wave, Edit button, Audio, Audio Editor, opens the audio editor added to the PD.

[Thumb - Volume.png]
 Filename
Volume.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
56 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Sep 28. 2023 07:48

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
[Post New]
Quote PD22 Audio Considerations
Play runs smoother and doesn't stumble during transitions.
It's better, fad in/out, now it applies at the beginning and end of the clip.
Adjust to the clip in the timeline, continue as before, (Holding the Ctrl key to create points) adjusting directly over them in the timeline.
Option, Keyframes/Volume button, for more precise adjustments.
Normalize continues as before, unlike normalize which takes any audio to a standard volume, in PD the average volume between clips in the selected track.
Visualization doesn't bother me if I need to visualize the wave, Edit button, Audio, Audio Editor, opens the audio editor added to the PD.

Maybe I expressed myself badly in my question when I refer to the audio adjustment bar, it was supposed to be inserted next to the timeline, that's what I expect in the PD 12, not having to keep opening this audio adjustment bar.
In Adobe Premiere the audio adjustment bar comes next to the timeline, in PD 12 it could have come as well since this is a new version, I would have stopped placing it in the middle of the two screens, it's too bad having to keep opening tabs every time I need it adjust audio volume.
[Post New]
" alt="EXAMPLE AUDIO BARS" width="1023" height="1032" id="__mcenew" />

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 29. 2023 18:43

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote " alt="EXAMPLE AUDIO BARS" width="1023" height="1032" id="__mcenew" />

Activate micro meter
View Menu, “check” Show Timeline Volume Preview Meter

[Thumb - meter.jpg]
 Filename
meter.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 01. 2023 08:05

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
[Post New]

Activate micro meter
View Menu, “check” Show Timeline Volume Preview Meter

This audio bar that comes with the program looks more like an ornament, it doesn't have the number to know how many dbs the audio volume is.
In the example assembly above, I wanted it to come with the program without the need for me to open the audio tab, which takes a lot of time.