Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have the latest version of Powerdirector and have an old copy of Audiodirector 8 that I purchased two years ago. I finally started using it and tried to download the latest Audiodirector 8 patch. During install I get the following error. I rebooted and tried installing again as per the instructions but hit upon the same error. Please advise.

Thank you.
Thanks for your answers everyone but I was not looking to steal any logos. There are millions of web sites and youtube videos with the social media icons in them so I doubt Facebook, Twitter etc has any problems with it. What I'm looking for are professionally done animations for social video like this package here but they do not support Powerdirector.
https://www.newbluefx.com/products/titling/social-media/

Cheers
I'm looking for creative packs with pre built titles and social media icons designed for creating social media clips. Mainly, I handle clients' social media videos but everything I see are for holidays or weddings. I'm looking for some professionally done templates like I see for other video apps. Is anything like this available for Powerdirector?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Thanks Tony. That worked. I finally found the Titles. I think Windows was just doing a long search.

Cheers

Quote: Is there a way to make my 16:9 PIP objects shared across all aspect ratios?

Yes - it involves switching aspect ratios & saving the template as something else. It's shown in this tutorial.

Quote: When I look in the MyTitles folder Windows shows empty folders.

That's strange. I wonder where your custom templates are being saved. Do a search of your hard drive(s) for "Title_001" (for example). That's what the folders are named as.

Cheers - Tony
Quote Hi 360vids -

It's your "360vids" nick that makes me ask the first question... Did you create the custom title templates in a 360 project or 16:9? It makes a difference because 360 title templates will not appear in a 16:9 library (if you happened to switch aspect ratios).

Try switching the project aspect ratio between 360 & 16:9 (or whatever else you've used) & see if your custom templates show up.

Second question: when you make your title templates are you clicking "Save As" the giving your template a name?

By default, custom title templates are store at C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0\MyTitles

Cheers - Tony

Hi, thanks for your answer. I found out that I was switching between 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios. Is there a way to make my 16:9 PIP objects shared across all aspect ratios? When I look in the MyTitles folder Windows shows empty folders.

Regarding your 2nd question, yes, I always Save As a custom name to my templates.

Cheers
I created several dozen custom titles but now when I create a new project it shows custom titles as zero. I need to open up an old project and delete the library and resave to access them.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong and where the custom titles are located on the drive?

Thank you.
Hi Tony,

I'm not talking about the edges of the tiny planet, I realize there will be some distortion. What I mean is when I spin into the tiny planet onto a subject.

After hours of fiddling in Powerdirector 16 I think I know what the problem is. There is a bug in the Fix/Enhance Extreme Backlight setting. Once turned on, the image is drastically reduced in quality and cannot be retrieved by turning Extreme Backlight off. It seems to permanently destruct the jpegs or pngs in the timeline.

Can you forward this to the PD team?

Cheers

Quote Hi 360vids -

Are you talking about the picture quality around the edges of the tiny planet video? If so, I think that's probably just a fact of life because the actual image is being so grossly distorted. What I've found is that picture quality is good at the centre, & deteriorates as it gets further out.

If the orignal photo has a lot of plain space, like sky, it's not so noticeable.

The same thing occurs with 360° videos too (when they're "planetified").

Would you like to post some screenshots? or the original photo?

Cheers - Tony
I have a large 7200 x 3600 pixel image that I want to turn into a tiny planet animation. When I render the final video at 1080p, the resolution of the final video as the tiny planet flys out looks to be very low resolution, like around 320p. I tried 720p and 4k renders but the same problem exists.

Please advise. Thank you.
Hi,

Here's my problem. I shot a video of plates of food for a restaurant. After the shoot we noticed a tiny spec of parsley on one of the plates that's very distracting. I created a tracking motion mask but the selections were too big so I manually created a selection mask with keyframes to track it.

I tried color replacement but that didn't work so I'm thinking if I can select a small adjacent piece of plate and track and replace the parsley with that. The light is uneven so the replacement segment needs to be close to the spec.

Can someone suggest how I may be able to do that? Or is there a better way to accomplish this?

Thanks very much in advance.
A way to output 1:1 aspect ratio videos please. Popular social media videos are optimized for this size. Or a way to allow users to customize the output aspect ratio. New phones are 18:9.

Also, I know this feature is in Photodirector but a way to create cinemagraphs right in Powerdirector so we have output options other than gif. The Flixel software outputs high quality video for ads. Gifs are too limited in color palette and the file sizes are too big for large clips.

Thanks
Thanks to you and the CL team for responding.

Quote Hello 360vids,

Here's some good news for you. Our friends at CyberLink have taken note of your suggestion to enable export in video format as well as GIF.

As you read this, it's quite possible that people in the development team are considering if & how your idea could be incorporated into PhD.

PIX
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I know it should be looping. I use the Flixel Pro cinemagraph app for Mac and it can export in MP4 for higher quality video. The problem with gifs is the reduced color palette and larger file sizes. Facebook and Instagram will take cinemagraphs in video format. Do you know if PD9 have plans to at least have the option to export in video format?

Thanks!

Quote Hello 360vids,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum if you've not been welcomed before. Welcome in any case. laughing

The purpose of a cinemagraph, or Motion Still in PhD terms, is to create a looping animation. PhD exports these in GIF format only, because that's the most appropriate format.

As far as resolution is concerned, you can export the GIF in high resolution (i.e. the resolution of the original video), but that takes more processing time & results in higher file size. These may not be significant considerations for you.

e.g. Original video: 1920x1080 - 11 sec - 17.5MB

Exported GIF: 1920x1080 - 25.5MB, 1200x675 - 10.8MB, 960x540 - 7.25MB

PIX
I'm planning on updating to PD9 for cinemagraphs. Can it export cinemagraphs as high res video instead of gifs?

Thanks
Yeah, I always keep it updated so that's the version I'm running on. Thanks for your help.

Quote I really don't know what's happening there. You seem to be doing everything correctly.

Someone just "knocked on my door" and asked, "Has that 360 guy installed the latest patch for PDR15?" There was a related issue resolved by an earlier patch. Just make sure you're running PDR15.0.2820.0

Worth a shot if it needs updating.

Cheers - Tony
I copied the same folder and renamed it to 015 as you did. Restarted PD15 and it still doesn't show up. I don't have any sub folders. I keep a clean PD install and don't change anything except customize the output render sizes .ini file.

I don't want to recreate every title again if I upgrade again to PD16 or higher as each client has a custom title.

Quote Thank you. Yes - that worked (here).

I renamed the folder from Title_000 to Title_015 (the next in sequence) & it shows up in my PDR15 custom title templates. Screenshot attached.

You don't, perhaps, have sub-folders within your sub-folder, do you? Probably a silly question - just scratching for an explanation.

Cheers - Tony
See attached.

Quote OK - that helps a bit... & it shows there's something else wrong. In PDR15, you only have 11 title templates in total, including your 2 custom jobs. My PDR15 has 150+, not including custom & downloaded.

Did you install the Contents Packs that came with PDR15? (this is quite a separate issue from the one you've posted).

Could you please:

1. Select one of the custom title folders in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\14.0\MyTitles

2. Zip it - right click > send to Compressed (zipped) folder

3. Attach the zip file here

... just want to check something.

Cheers - Tony
I also rebooted the computer after the copy. I had to rename the PD14 001 and 002 to 009 and 011 as I had created some new titles in PD15. In the PD15 title screen, only the Frenchtable logo are new ones I created in PD15. The other are program defaults.
Thanks

Quote So, you opened the PDR14 "MyTitles" folder - copied all the contents (subfolders named Title_000 etc) - pasted those folders into the PDR15 "MyTitles" folder... and the custom templates don't appear in PDR15?

Could you attach a screenshot of each of those folders & PDR15's Title Room - - Custom?

Cheers - Tony
Quote Hi 360vids -

First up, you shouldn't need to do that at all. The custom templates you made in PDR14 should be available in PDR15.

Anyway, they're stored at C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\14.0. Your watermarks would probably be in the MyTitles sub-folder.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks,

That is why I asked because the titles were not available when I upgraded to PD15.

I copied the titles from the folder you gave me to the PD15 MyTitles folder but I'm still not seeing the titles there.
I created a group of custom logo watermarks in the Title Room in PD14.

I want to move them to PD15 as they never got imported automatically.

Now I can't find which folder they are in in PD14.

I looked in c:\program files\cyberlink\powerdirector14\Titles

but they are not there.

Please advise.
Quote I have several tracks I want to play with. I dragged several clips to a second track and unchecked the track video and audio. I tried rendering the first track but the produce time displays shows the full length of all clips. When I did a test I got a black screen covering the videos on track 2.

Can I keep the tracks without deleting them and just render the checked track? I want the others around so I can easily drag them back to the top and see the results before rendering.

Thanks

Whoops, answered my own question. I finally found what I wanted by poking around. Drag the yellow arrows surrounding the white arrow to the segment to render and right click, choose render segment.
Go to: