Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
360 Tiny planet video resolution problem
360vids [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 23, 2016 02:51 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I have a large 7200 x 3600 pixel image that I want to turn into a tiny planet animation. When I render the final video at 1080p, the resolution of the final video as the tiny planet flys out looks to be very low resolution, like around 320p. I tried 720p and 4k renders but the same problem exists.

Please advise. Thank you.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi 360vids -

Are you talking about the picture quality around the edges of the tiny planet video? If so, I think that's probably just a fact of life because the actual image is being so grossly distorted. What I've found is that picture quality is good at the centre, & deteriorates as it gets further out.

If the orignal photo has a lot of plain space, like sky, it's not so noticeable.

The same thing occurs with 360° videos too (when they're "planetified").

Would you like to post some screenshots? or the original photo?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
360vids [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 23, 2016 02:51 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony,

I'm not talking about the edges of the tiny planet, I realize there will be some distortion. What I mean is when I spin into the tiny planet onto a subject.

After hours of fiddling in Powerdirector 16 I think I know what the problem is. There is a bug in the Fix/Enhance Extreme Backlight setting. Once turned on, the image is drastically reduced in quality and cannot be retrieved by turning Extreme Backlight off. It seems to permanently destruct the jpegs or pngs in the timeline.

Can you forward this to the PD team?

Cheers

Quote Hi 360vids -

Are you talking about the picture quality around the edges of the tiny planet video? If so, I think that's probably just a fact of life because the actual image is being so grossly distorted. What I've found is that picture quality is good at the centre, & deteriorates as it gets further out.

If the orignal photo has a lot of plain space, like sky, it's not so noticeable.

The same thing occurs with 360° videos too (when they're "planetified").

Would you like to post some screenshots? or the original photo?

Cheers - Tony
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again -

I'm not sure what CL could do to "correct" this. I just don't think it's a smart thing to do, given that the image is already distorted. Applying extreme backlight is just exaggerating the already present distortion artefacts.

The images/videos have already been stitched, prior to import, so there's a lot that can go wrong. If you have a look at the attached screenshot, you can see that the original tiny planet video already has significant artefacts even before extreme backlight is applied.

I tried applying the backlight before making the tiny planet - but it made no difference. undecided

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Planet Extreme BL.png]
 Filename
Planet Extreme BL.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2472 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!