Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
confusion about title designer
360vids [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 23, 2016 02:51 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I created several dozen custom titles but now when I create a new project it shows custom titles as zero. I need to open up an old project and delete the library and resave to access them.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong and where the custom titles are located on the drive?

Thank you.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi 360vids -

It's your "360vids" nick that makes me ask the first question... Did you create the custom title templates in a 360 project or 16:9? It makes a difference because 360 title templates will not appear in a 16:9 library (if you happened to switch aspect ratios).

Try switching the project aspect ratio between 360 & 16:9 (or whatever else you've used) & see if your custom templates show up.

Second question: when you make your title templates are you clicking "Save As" the giving your template a name?

By default, custom title templates are store at C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0\MyTitles

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
360vids [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi 360vids -

It's your "360vids" nick that makes me ask the first question... Did you create the custom title templates in a 360 project or 16:9? It makes a difference because 360 title templates will not appear in a 16:9 library (if you happened to switch aspect ratios).

Try switching the project aspect ratio between 360 & 16:9 (or whatever else you've used) & see if your custom templates show up.

Second question: when you make your title templates are you clicking "Save As" the giving your template a name?

By default, custom title templates are store at C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0\MyTitles

Cheers - Tony

Hi, thanks for your answer. I found out that I was switching between 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios. Is there a way to make my 16:9 PIP objects shared across all aspect ratios? When I look in the MyTitles folder Windows shows empty folders.

Regarding your 2nd question, yes, I always Save As a custom name to my templates.

Cheers
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is there a way to make my 16:9 PIP objects shared across all aspect ratios?

Yes - it involves switching aspect ratios & saving the template as something else. It's shown in this tutorial.

Quote: When I look in the MyTitles folder Windows shows empty folders.

That's strange. I wonder where your custom templates are being saved. Do a search of your hard drive(s) for "Title_001" (for example). That's what the folders are named as.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
360vids [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Tony. That worked. I finally found the Titles. I think Windows was just doing a long search.

Cheers

Quote: Is there a way to make my 16:9 PIP objects shared across all aspect ratios?

Yes - it involves switching aspect ratios & saving the template as something else. It's shown in this tutorial.

Quote: When I look in the MyTitles folder Windows shows empty folders.

That's strange. I wonder where your custom templates are being saved. Do a search of your hard drive(s) for "Title_001" (for example). That's what the folders are named as.

Cheers - Tony