Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Moving from Powerdirector 14 to 15, can't find custom titles
360vids [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 23, 2016 02:51 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I created a group of custom logo watermarks in the Title Room in PD14.

I want to move them to PD15 as they never got imported automatically.

Now I can't find which folder they are in in PD14.

I looked in c:\program files\cyberlink\powerdirector14\Titles

but they are not there.

Please advise.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi 360vids -

First up, you shouldn't need to do that at all. The custom templates you made in PDR14 should be available in PDR15.

Anyway, they're stored at C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\14.0. Your watermarks would probably be in the MyTitles sub-folder.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
360vids [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi 360vids -

First up, you shouldn't need to do that at all. The custom templates you made in PDR14 should be available in PDR15.

Anyway, they're stored at C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\14.0. Your watermarks would probably be in the MyTitles sub-folder.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks,

That is why I asked because the titles were not available when I upgraded to PD15.

I copied the titles from the folder you gave me to the PD15 MyTitles folder but I'm still not seeing the titles there.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
So, you opened the PDR14 "MyTitles" folder - copied all the contents (subfolders named Title_000 etc) - pasted those folders into the PDR15 "MyTitles" folder... and the custom templates don't appear in PDR15?

Could you attach a screenshot of each of those folders & PDR15's Title Room - - Custom?

Cheers - Tony
360vids [Avatar]
[Post New]
I also rebooted the computer after the copy. I had to rename the PD14 001 and 002 to 009 and 011 as I had created some new titles in PD15. In the PD15 title screen, only the Frenchtable logo are new ones I created in PD15. The other are program defaults.
Thanks

Quote So, you opened the PDR14 "MyTitles" folder - copied all the contents (subfolders named Title_000 etc) - pasted those folders into the PDR15 "MyTitles" folder... and the custom templates don't appear in PDR15?

Could you attach a screenshot of each of those folders & PDR15's Title Room - - Custom?

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - titles1.jpg]
 Filename
titles1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
119 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
52 time(s)
[Thumb - powerdirector-titles.JPG]
 Filename
powerdirector-titles.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
65 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
59 time(s)
ynotfish
[Post New]
OK - that helps a bit... & it shows there's something else wrong. In PDR15, you only have 11 title templates in total, including your 2 custom jobs. My PDR15 has 150+, not including custom & downloaded.

Did you install the Contents Packs that came with PDR15? (this is quite a separate issue from the one you've posted).

Could you please:

1. Select one of the custom title folders in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\14.0\MyTitles

2. Zip it - right click > send to Compressed (zipped) folder

3. Attach the zip file here

... just want to check something.

Cheers - Tony
ynotfish
[Post New]
What happens when you:

1. unzip the attached file

2. rename the folder to Title_xxx to be the next in sequence in your PDR15 "MyTitles" folder

3. drop it in the folder

4. open PDR15's Title Room

?

I made it in PDR14.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Title_002.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
348 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
295 time(s)

360vids [Avatar]
[Post New]
See attached.

Quote OK - that helps a bit... & it shows there's something else wrong. In PDR15, you only have 11 title templates in total, including your 2 custom jobs. My PDR15 has 150+, not including custom & downloaded.

Did you install the Contents Packs that came with PDR15? (this is quite a separate issue from the one you've posted).

Could you please:

1. Select one of the custom title folders in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\14.0\MyTitles

2. Zip it - right click > send to Compressed (zipped) folder

3. Attach the zip file here

... just want to check something.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Title_000.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
70 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
285 time(s)
ynotfish
[Post New]
Thank you. Yes - that worked (here).

I renamed the folder from Title_000 to Title_015 (the next in sequence) & it shows up in my PDR15 custom title templates. Screenshot attached.

You don't, perhaps, have sub-folders within your sub-folder, do you? Probably a silly question - just scratching for an explanation.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - 360 Voodoo Logo template.png]
 Filename
360 Voodoo Logo template.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
168 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
55 time(s)

360vids [Avatar]
[Post New]
I copied the same folder and renamed it to 015 as you did. Restarted PD15 and it still doesn't show up. I don't have any sub folders. I keep a clean PD install and don't change anything except customize the output render sizes .ini file.

I don't want to recreate every title again if I upgrade again to PD16 or higher as each client has a custom title.

Quote Thank you. Yes - that worked (here).

I renamed the folder from Title_000 to Title_015 (the next in sequence) & it shows up in my PDR15 custom title templates. Screenshot attached.

You don't, perhaps, have sub-folders within your sub-folder, do you? Probably a silly question - just scratching for an explanation.

Cheers - Tony
ynotfish
[Post New]
I really don't know what's happening there. You seem to be doing everything correctly.

Someone just "knocked on my door" and asked, "Has that 360 guy installed the latest patch for PDR15?" There was a related issue resolved by an earlier patch. Just make sure you're running PDR15.0.2820.0

Worth a shot if it needs updating.

Cheers - Tony
360vids [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yeah, I always keep it updated so that's the version I'm running on. Thanks for your help.

Quote I really don't know what's happening there. You seem to be doing everything correctly.

Someone just "knocked on my door" and asked, "Has that 360 guy installed the latest patch for PDR15?" There was a related issue resolved by an earlier patch. Just make sure you're running PDR15.0.2820.0

Worth a shot if it needs updating.

Cheers - Tony
jarome [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 19, 2015 16:04 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
For PowerDirector 16, my titles do not appear in the My Titles directory. Where are they, or is there another way to import them into PD 17?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Jarome – You posted on a two year old thread that has been solved. You need to start a New Topic post as your issue is not the same as the PD14 and the PD15. You need to explain what you are trying to do with titles in PD16.