Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: HI,

So I have a computer: Intel i7 6700K, 16GB of RAM and video graphics GTX 960, when I have to edit 4K video image is stuck, what are the system requirements for 4K? Video length 10 minutes.

what kind of 4k video and your settings?
when you are using your 970M, did you disable the CPU integrated video in your BIOS??

Sometimes, when both are running, troubles.
Quote: I have PowerDirector 14 and due to installing many times (formatting etc) I have used up my activations. I contacted support to simply reactivate my code. Simple enough.

24 hours later I received a reply wanting to know what errors I am receiving and details of my PC to determine the problem etc?

Do support not read "support emails"? I clearly told them I had used my activations, there is nothing wrong with my PC.

My Ticket ID CS001643717. Could someone look into this please as I am locked out of editing videos this weekend because support can't read.

Thanks in advance.

I feel your pain. Cyberlink seems to read my support ticket second time around also
Call of Duty Black Ops 3 @4K I do this:

record 4K at 60 FPS

edit and produce with PD14 30FPS/H.264/mP.4

I dont see any difference with 264 and 265

or........

downloaded EXE. "right click" "RUN AS ADMIN" to launch
Quote: I have a video card. AMD Radeon

You posted the integrated graphics of your CPU

Which was stated:

Radeon HD 7660D is an embedded GPU on the high-end Trinity CPUs A10-5700 and A10-5800K.

What is integrated graphics mean? <---click here

But you might was well dust off everything else
Gaming video's you should select MP4 over AVI.

Smaller file, I had issues with AVI sound also. MP4 no issues at all

found this for reading

https://www.reddit.com/r/letsplay/comments/2y2ffy/mp4_vs_wmv_what_would_give_me_the_best_quality/
Quote: Thank you for your reply. I did figure it out. My external hard drive had changed its letter (after I'd plugged someone else's media into my computer). Once I was able to change the letter back to the original (so from D drive to F drive), the path was corrected and the pds file opened again. Whew!

Thanks for posting back your success and you figured it out on your own
[quote=Novice101User]Thank you so much for replying! I really appreciate it!

Also, I am a tech writer and have used camtasia. Is PowerDirector going to be much of a hassle to use. Im getting worried after seeing all of these posts in this forum.[/quote]

Camtasia Studio 8...........I left Camtasia in February mainly because they were not up to speed with 4K video's. It did not exist.

Camtasia project of 1080 video took 1 to 2/12 hours to complete the processing. PD14 at 4K takes 8:08mins for a 7:20min 4K video! [b]I dont know what to do with all my free time!!![/b]

All I can say, is PD14 is crazy fast at high resolutions.

About the posts........Features of PD14 = more posts, a good thing. I am still learning.
Quote: I've been saving my project in the same place in the same way 100 times/day for weeks and now suddenly I've gotten this: "Cyberlink Power Director cannot open this media file because it was moved or is missing. Check that it's available and try again."

All my media is still there. But I cannot open my project no matter if I click ignore, ignore all, or browse. When I click browse, the name of the file that comes up is NOT the name of my pds file I'm trying to open.

Help! I have no clue what happened, but I just lost my entire project into vaper.

I get the same message when I move a video file, jpeg, from the "working folder". See if all your files for this project is accounted for.

If it is not the same name pds file, did you do a search on your hard drive?

Another option is pull up one of your saves in your "Temp" folder
Quote: Hi kmjk333 -

Quote: Loading 4K video into the time line is a long process with huge files. Does Magic change this? Other than preview quality, does it affect the final output?

Magic+PD is not a CyberLink product - true... but it will certainly help if your PC is struggling with 4K/high bitrate files. It's simply a form a file conversion that decreases the load on your PC.

No - the final output is not affected.

Cheers - Tony

ok, Thank yOU! I was scratching my head "why do I need this"? PD14 is very good at 4k on my system
Thanks, for the responses, but will pass as not a cyberlink product. Nothing against the member's time and efforts.
Thanks AlS, appreciated.

This is not a "Cyberlink" product, but a user created application?
Quote: I been using the demo version. I was wonder if someone could answer a few question who own the retail version.

1. When Using H.264 with mkv container, Is their more audio option in the retail version like AAC? Demo only has AC3. I find a bit odd that AAC is not included with all H.264 containers.

2. When you go into the Produce stage, AAC is available
  3. I know theirs no 2-pass encoding (atlease not yet). Is output still top quality compared to 2-pas encoding software?

4. I dont know of any 2 pass, no
  5. The one video I did output, When I went to watch it video was slow, like it was moving in slow motion. How Would I go about fixing that?

Dont know any info about our video, what are you trying to accomplish with what settings?[/quote]
"Magic+PD"

I have PD14, is this Magic program a pay for add-on?

have a link to Magic? I don't see on Cyberlink web page.

Loading 4K video into the time line is a long process with huge files. Does Magic change this? Other than preview quality, does it affect the final output?

Guess I am not up to speed on this discussion, thanks

It could be as simple as a setting in your "Preferences".

Click on Preferences, go to "Display". First listing is "preview quality" and "Preview mode". Play around with those 2 settings.

It could also be that your video is still loading up in your time line. I create 4K video's and I know from personal experience, that any very large video file +30-48GB's (example) will take 20-30mins or more to complete the load in the timeline. If I dropped this large video in my timeline and click on to preview immediately.......It would be a mess, just as you described.

But, everytime my preview is not perfect, when I process the video it ends up perfect.

What are your settings? Is your selection best for want you want to create?

I would suggest after you looked at the 3 things above to go ahead and "produce" your project and see if it is without stutter.

Yes it is frustrating, but need more specific details from you

I do only have 8GB of ram (overclocked)
Why?
Quote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aoy05tYYwPs
processed took 2.18 hours with hardware accelerator off
look at 2.08 on the clip to see black lines and shudder effect
how do I get a dxdiag file,
These are mp4 files from my drone.
Are you saying to download a H264 AVC file to a USB stick then upload to you tube or vimeo

How do I get a print screen into the reply box

Amazing video with drones Nice house. First time I looked at your video I didnt see any black lines. I played it back around 2:07 and just saw a couple of flashes, but not noticable to me at least.

Does your drone record at 1080? Youtube at 720
Quote: Try this fix (3rd post down) here....
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/47025.page

Let us know if it worked for you.

This weekend, I had the pleasure of all my current and past video's the hardware rendering greyed out from a PD14 lockup and system shutdown. I was just going to add my comment/experience to GS's link as that was also my solution. This really should not happen with this product. I was so frustrated, I deleted my current project that I spend 6 hours on just to start over. I read the fix, it worked, but I deleted my project....BUT.....I have the pd file in my "Temp" folder, loaded that up and back to work. Temp file was a life saver!!

I made the image below in case someone needs to go into their registry like I did.

IF you have a "1" in your DATA column, you are not totally screwed That Data column for me is all 0's now. Fast rendering no longer greyed out by changing the 1 to "0". This was a result of a hard crash of PD14 and system lockup.
This is very vague for your motherboard "Motherboard
Intel® H87"? No brand or specs for motherboard. Found this, is this correct?

"The H87 chipset is very similar to Z87, but lacks a few important features including CPU overclocking."

If so, don't get a overclockable CPU "K"

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Z87-H87-H81-Q87-Q85-B85---What-is-the-difference-473/
Quote:
Quote: Since you are on a tight budget and know what you want to do, why don't you download a free trial of Cyberlink Power Producer. They have 2 versions. This is a very simplified version of PowerDirector.

Thank you for the response and the suggestion. I will try it out (although it SEEMS like it is geared toward creating DVDs / blueRay, and my projects will end up on the web - motly hosted by youtube or vimeo).

Thanks again.

PD works very well with video's posted on youtube. At this point, that is all I do is 4K game video's on youtube.
Go to: