Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD14 Fast rendering stopped working!!!
Elguapo9916 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2013 12:52 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Ugggggg!!! I am really getting stick of PD fast rendering issues. I had PD10 back in the day with my GTX460 and everything was great, then the fast rendering stopped working. I have sense then updated my graphics card to a GTX950 and I am using PD14. Earlier today I have been compiling a bunch of videos, everything was working great then poof.... that option is grayed out for H.264 AVC. So I am looking at it again and it just seems all screwed up. For H.264 AVC, with profile/quality MPEG-4 1280 x 720/30p (16 Mbps) the option is grayed out. Actually, fast rendering options for all 1280 x 720 variations are grayed out. Yet if I select any other resolution option, it becomes available again. I don't really want to make videos in 1080p and I prefer 720p.

The video source files are the same as ones I was using before so nothing new there.

I have uninstalled PD14 and reinstalled, no change.

I tried using H.265 HEVC with MPEG-4 1280 x 720/30p (7 Mbps) and it allowed for fast video rending, but when the file was completed (it wasn't fast BTW) I checked the details and it says it is 240fps..... I like this software when it works....but it just keeps having issues. Does anybody have any idea what is going on here?
Elguapo9916 [Avatar]
[Post New]
If it helps, PD had crashed in the middle of producing a video when it was in that H.264 720p setting and it locked up my whole computer. No bsod but I still had to restart it. Everything else on my computer works just fine, just the H.264 MP4 720p options do not allow for fast rendering.

It seems to me that because there was that error, PD just shut down that option for 720p, but is there a way to reactivate it?
GS kid
Newbie Location: Santa Barbara county, California Joined: Oct 24, 2015 22:25 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Try this fix (3rd post down) here....

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/47025.page

Let us know if it worked for you. Sony FDR-AX100 4K UHD camcorder
Sony ECM-XYST1M Stereo Microphone
Sony VCT-VPR1 Compact Remote Control Tripod
Vello VB-1000 ActionPan Stabilizing Action Grip
PowerDirector 14
Intel i7-4510u w/8GB RAM Nvidia GTX 850M w/4GB

Elguapo9916 [Avatar]
[Post New]
AWESOME!! Thank you so much man! I really appreciate it, I figured it was probably going to be something like this.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: AWESOME!! Thank you so much man! I really appreciate it, I figured it was probably going to be something like this.

Quote:
Try this fix (3rd post down) here....
Let us know if it worked for you.

Excellent info passed on by GS kid

Another (the url referred to) great post by Jeff, JL_JL

Dafydd
kmjk333 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 16, 2016 02:23 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Try this fix (3rd post down) here....

Let us know if it worked for you.

This weekend, I had the pleasure of all my current and past video's the hardware rendering greyed out from a PD14 lockup and system shutdown. I was just going to add my comment/experience to GS's link as that was also my solution. This really should not happen with this product. I was so frustrated, I deleted my current project that I spend 6 hours on just to start over. I read the fix, it worked, but I deleted my project....BUT.....I have the pd file in my "Temp" folder, loaded that up and back to work. Temp file was a life saver!!

I made the image below in case someone needs to go into their registry like I did.

IF you have a "1" in your DATA column, you are not totally screwed That Data column for me is all 0's now. Fast rendering no longer greyed out by changing the 1 to "0". This was a result of a hard crash of PD14 and system lockup.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 06. 2016 06:13

Elguapo9916 [Avatar]
[Post New]
What is really annoying about this is the tech support guys didn't offer this advice. They tried troubleshooting for my software freezing up... which I never said was even the problem. I feel like I had the same problem with pd10 back in the day but they told me I needed to buy pd14. Ugg