Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for your help guys, having tried various methods I ended using a Funai VHS/DVD recorder in the end so they all ended up on DVD.

Its my own collection of football games, live highlights which will probably never be shown again. Which I like to watch & reminse, so there is quite a lot of DVDS.

Im just disappointed with watching them on a new tv, im surprised that no software progamme as come up with a way of upscaling old vhs recordings. Its not that im asking for full ultrahdd or what ever they come up with next, just a decent watch. I have heard mention of compressing the picture with to black edges may make a difference, but whats the best way of doing that on pd13.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks for the advice so far, saved me wasting cash, need that for christmas.

Tim
Advice required on PD16, very tempted to buy, but will my machine be able to cope with it, ie run reasonably well:-

PC specs ASUSTEK Intel Core I3-4130 3.4GHZ 4GB memory 64 bit operating x64 based processor running windows 10

Also does PD16 include colourdirector in the package?

Thanks for any advice

Also is collourdirector the answer to upscaling, enhanching & producing good output files?

Have a good weeekend

Tim
For many years now I have been trying to convert my old vhs collection on to DVD, having eventually achieved this I would like to edit, enchance ,upscale these old videos into some kind of watchable format. Having used powerdirector13 to moderate effect im dissappointed with the results I keep getting. I here good things about coloudirector, is that the answer to acheiving better results or do I go for the latest PD16 (will my machine cope with PD16) or do I use another software package.

Any advice or help would be gratfully received,

Have a good week

Open lobby or message me please anyone who can help

Tim

PC specs ASUSTEK Intel core i3-4130 3.4GHZ 4gb memory operating x64 based processor run windows 10
I have a video clip, with distortion on the side of the frame, how do I crop just the edge off without having to go through resizing the whole clip in powerdirector 13 deluxe, frustrated everything I try results in resizing all 4 sides of the frame.

Thanks
Hi, hope everyone as a good weekend, I need help with the following items:-

Using powerdirector 13 deluxe:-

1) I'd like to add titles at the bottom of video clips, a bit like sky sports etc, for descriptive ie 3rd september holiday spain, to cut down on creating sub menu templates etc.

2) I'd like to add like a watermark on l the complete video output, with my a logo or id on it, a small mark on the corner somewhere perhaps

3) Not sure if its possible, but is there a way of encrypting the video so it cant be copied, downloaded etc

Appreciate any help given, thanks to those already offered advice on my past questions
Thanks for the advice guys, most appreciated. Would like to enhance the old videos & make them look reasonable on latest tvs etc. Does the fix enhance do an auto enchance to save fiddling about, or is an idea to folk out for colourdirector.
I have some old videos which im guessing are 4:3 format picture, with most new tvs been 16:9 is it better to change them to 16:9 to get a better quality picture etc, what are the advantages, disadvantages & the best way of doing this using powerdirector.

Many thanks
Thanks have tried scanning it in on my canon lide 210 at 1200dpi but picture still looks poor & blurred, using the lide software doesn't seem to help.
Im looking to add a team photo to one of my projests, question what is the best size, pixels etc to suit a good quality output, I only have a 6x4 old picture & when I put into the project it looks quite poor quality wise.
So the question, which version do you think I should go for?
I have Inteli3-4130 cpu 3.40 ghz machine with 4gb ram, 64 bit operating, presntely windows 8.1 with a 500gb hard drive. I have been advised that if bty powerdirector 14 I will have issues with my my machine running this version, therefore would it be better for me to run an earlier version can I ask. I want to to:-

Edit some football clips together from various sources, mostly dvd source, edit, trim, change picture ratio etc, enchancer picture quality ect, add titles & music.

Hence the question, if my machine won't run 14 easily, would I be better of with 13 or even 12 version of powerdirector

Many thanks for any advice in advance
Thanks for your reply, will my machine still run the software reasonable, never heard of handbrake, whats that for? What version of 14 should I go for? ultra or ulltimate etc?
Hi, im new to cyberlink & need some advice please guys, what I want to do & have failed to do for the last 6 or 7 years is to put all my football clips into yearly reviews, have tried unleaded movie studio & sony vegas to poor effect, then some body pointed me towards powerdirector 14, i'd like the software to do the following:-

input from dvd format, clips off my pc

trim clip

change picture aspect, strech to fit screen etc

add titles

mute sound where necessary

insert clips

upscaler picture quality if possible

increase picture quality automatically

produce a good quality output upto 2hrs (usually 4.7gb dvd-r)

My machine is an Intel I3-4130cpu, 3.4 ghz ram 3.88gb usuable, 500gb hard drive, 64 bit operating system at the momnet windows 8.1 may upgrade to 10 soon

Would someone be kind enough to advice be be if powerdirector 14 can do the job & which version I should go for, many thanks in advance
Go to: