Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD16
tim321 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: nottingham Joined: Jan 19, 2016 09:39 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Advice required on PD16, very tempted to buy, but will my machine be able to cope with it, ie run reasonably well:-

PC specs ASUSTEK Intel Core I3-4130 3.4GHZ 4GB memory 64 bit operating x64 based processor running windows 10

Also does PD16 include colourdirector in the package?

Thanks for any advice

Also is collourdirector the answer to upscaling, enhanching & producing good output files?

Have a good weeekend

Tim
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Due to the lack of experience with different computers, I cannot say something about your computer. I think, PD16 will run on that machine, but the point is, what do you want to produce?

ColorDirector is not part of PowerDirector. It is a seperate program. And it is not the answer to upscaling (ColorDirector scales nothing, It's good for color grading), enhancing (yes, ColorDirector can enhance colors) and producing (ColorDirector is not for producing but for color grading).

Have a good week.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think you will be happy with the performance of PowerDirector on your computer. It will be slow and I think your editing may have stuttering and other nasty stuff. I assume yiou will want to edit high definition video and not just standard definition. Note my signature.

Why don't you download the trial version to show you how it performs.? It won't give you everything but if it doesn't work with the trial version, it won't work with the commercial versions.

Let us know. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I don't think you will be happy with the performance of PowerDirector on your computer. It will be slow and I think your editing may have stuttering and other nasty stuff. I assume yiou will want to edit high definition video and not just standard definition. Note my signature.

Why don't you download the trial version to show you how it performs.? It won't give you everything but if it doesn't work with the trial version, it won't work with the commercial versions.

Let us know.

Hi Tim

You will need an i5 as the very minimum processor, and no less than 8gb of RAM. Of course, if the budget permits have as much RAM as possible, and again the best processor you can afford.

Video editing is extremely power hungry and the more power you have the easier you will find it. Even some of the more powerful units find they need proxy files (shadow files) when working with 4K media.

Dont be dismayed though, it's great fun Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Advice required on PD16, very tempted to buy, but will my machine be able to cope with it, ie run reasonably well:-

PC specs ASUSTEK Intel Core I3-4130 3.4GHZ 4GB memory 64 bit operating x64 based processor running windows 10

Also does PD16 include colourdirector in the package?

Thanks for any advice

Also is collourdirector the answer to upscaling, enhanching & producing good output files?

Have a good weeekend

Tim

I'd recommend at least an i5 (or AMD equivalent) with 8 Gb of memory. If you can add an SSD as your boot drive, that will help as well. For some reason, RAM is rising in price now, but 120 or 240 Gb SSD drives are quite affordable.

--Jim