Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help me get the best version
tim321 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: nottingham Joined: Jan 19, 2016 09:39 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, im new to cyberlink & need some advice please guys, what I want to do & have failed to do for the last 6 or 7 years is to put all my football clips into yearly reviews, have tried unleaded movie studio & sony vegas to poor effect, then some body pointed me towards powerdirector 14, i'd like the software to do the following:-

input from dvd format, clips off my pc

trim clip

change picture aspect, strech to fit screen etc

add titles

mute sound where necessary

insert clips

upscaler picture quality if possible

increase picture quality automatically

produce a good quality output upto 2hrs (usually 4.7gb dvd-r)

My machine is an Intel I3-4130cpu, 3.4 ghz ram 3.88gb usuable, 500gb hard drive, 64 bit operating system at the momnet windows 8.1 may upgrade to 10 soon

Would someone be kind enough to advice be be if powerdirector 14 can do the job & which version I should go for, many thanks in advance
glowx231 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2015 12:06 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
"input from dvd format, clips off my pc"

if these are commercial dvds have to rip them first.

"upscaler picture quality if possible"

you could do this but would be a waste of time and space.

PD14 will do most of this, but also need the free program Handbrake. This has a steep learning curve, but the presets are all you need.

https://handbrake.fr/

"My machine is an Intel I3-4130cpu, 3.4 ghz ram 3.88gb usuable, 500gb hard drive, 64 bit operating system at the momnet windows 8.1 may upgrade to 10 soon"

This is your real bottleneck. You need a more powerful PC with lots more RAM.

tim321 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: nottingham Joined: Jan 19, 2016 09:39 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply, will my machine still run the software reasonable, never heard of handbrake, whats that for? What version of 14 should I go for? ultra or ulltimate etc?
glowx231 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2015 12:06 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Get Ultimate. It's on sale with other useful downloads periodically. I only paid $65-- for it plus 6 other downloads.

"will my machine still run the software reasonable"

It will 'run' but likely not reasonably. Video processing is all about RAM.

If you can spend ~ $600- look into this:

"If you check ebay, you can find off-lease Dell dual-Xeon workstations with huge amounts of RAM for under $1K.

These machines are about 3 years old and usually have industrial reliability hard drives.

Before buying, I check the Dell serial to be sure they were never serviced. After, I install a new SSD for the system drive, and set whatever old drives in the PC for RAID 0."